PDA

View Full Version : Dragonball Online MMOrpg.

ArtStar
03-29-2012, 02:58 AM
Yeah I said it, you are seeing correct boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen I give you DragonBall Online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6ybpx1x9Ps&feature=player_embedded

The Dragonball universe and canon is one of the most well-known (though not loved) anime properties in the otaku mind-share, and developer NTL looks to be capitalizing on that with plans for an MMO. In beta testing since last summer, the game will be on 360 and PC and is expected to see release overseas this year. Dragonball Online is set many many years after the story known by fans, allowing plenty of room for the devs to craft some form of story and universe that allows all theplayers to become powerful. From what little is currently known, the over-arching goals ofcourse involve collecting Dragonballs, as well as participating in martial arts tournaments.

Redryder- I can dream! Baha, that Bardock episode had me convinced.

DragonBall Online details...

Storyline:

Dragon Ball Online is set in Age 1000, exactly 216 years after Goku left the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai to train Uub in Age 784, in DragonBall Z. During this period time, a number of notable events have occurred, including the appearance of a Majin race, the arrival of what appears to be Yardratians in the Southern Galaxy, and most recently, a gulf forming in time. The Earth has also been divided into pieces by a villainous organization known as the Dark Eye, which is led by a mysterious individual.

Playable Races and Classes:

Humans

Martial Artist - Fighters who specialize in martial arts, comparable to characters like Yamucha, Kuririn, or Tenshinhan.
Spiritualist - Mystics who specialize in spiritual techniques, like Chaozu.
Engineer - Mechanics and inventors who build weapons and utilize technology, much like Bulma.

Namekian

Dragon Clan - Members of the Namekian support caste which have special abilities including healing, such as Dende or Kami.
Warrior - Members of the Namekian warrior caste, which includes Piccolo and Nail.

Majin

Strange Majin - Slender, evil-looking Majin who have a similar appearance to Majin Buu's original, pure form.
Large Majin - Fat, happy-looking Majin who resemble Majin Buu's good form.

Gameplay

As with other MMORPGs, players control a character avatar within a persistent game world, where they will be able to explore the landscape, search for the Dragon Balls, train to compete in the Tenkaichi Budokai, aspiring to become like the warriors of legend, as well as interacting with NPCs as well as other players. As in most MMORPGs, players will be able to obtain money and experience which will allow them to level up and obtain new abilities. Players will also be able to participate in "Timemachine Quests", in which they will receive guidance from Time Patrol Trunks, in order to travel back in time and take part in notable aspects of the Dragon Ball history.

To date, three playable races have been announced: Human, Namekian, and Majin. Saiyans no longer exist in the world as of Age 1000, and will not appear as a playable race. Players will also be able to create their characters as children, allowing them to age over time, much like characters in the Dragonball series. A wide variety of skills appear to be available, including energy attacks such as the Kienzan or the Kamehameha. Players will additionally have access to weapons, including gloves, guns, and staves as well as to Bukujutsu, the ability to fly using chi energy.

The marriage system: is a system characterized by alternation of generations, where players can get married and have their children and they rely on their offspring to continue their adventures in the game. Players can only acquire new abilities through alternation of generations.
(No way, Artstar and Morfic can get married and haz lil pwnies in the game!? Bahahaha, this does sound like an interesting feature. I think I need to hear a bit more about it though. Not sure I understand completely, so if anyone wants to shed some light on this 'marriage system' feel free.)

RedRyder
03-29-2012, 07:02 AM
Ooo oh I loved this game ^_^ my classmate would bring in his Mac and play it in out game design class, about a year ago. It was completely in Japanese though lol, so idk how he managed. I loveeeee dbz <3

My drawing abilities wouldn't be where they are now if not for dbz; I drew the characters religiously for years. It got people to acknowledge me for the first time

RedRyder
03-29-2012, 07:22 AM
And sorry to burst your bubble, but it seems dbz Hoshi is a fake series :/

http://thedaoofdragonball.com/blog/fans/dragon-ball-hoshi-explained/

ninjaduck
03-29-2012, 07:47 AM
O____o

Epic find! I loved the TV Show, so Im def. Checkin out this game :D

Artentreri
03-29-2012, 10:55 AM
No...words..to describe.. Such epicness..So freaking awesome. I even downloaded photon web browser a little while back to watch the originals on my iPad. ;)

Lowlyspy
03-29-2012, 12:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfE1Ip2wot4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
*screams like teenage girl*

OMG, totally playing it!

Mitchturbo
03-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Looks cool, i was a huge dbz fan :-)

Zraorizer
03-29-2012, 01:10 PM
is the game out cuz i cant seem to find it

ArtStar
03-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Just look it up lol, the game is out on pc, I dont know if they have the english version yet though.

Bleh damnit Red why'd you have go burst my bubble.
Lol totally sad now.

PablobobChan
03-29-2012, 01:18 PM
LOL, grew up loving DBZ. xD

Zraorizer
03-29-2012, 01:37 PM
i found forums but where does it say i can download it from

ArtStar
03-29-2012, 02:02 PM
i found forums but where does it say i can download it from

You can download is here with this link:

http://dbmmo.com/dbo.flv

Seiyen
03-29-2012, 11:23 PM
DBZZZ FTWW...
this game may be my new home,coz i am totally into DBZ..
Lol my name is saiyen,wat can u expect....

ArtStar
03-30-2012, 05:49 AM
DBZZZ FTWW...
this game may be my new home,coz i am totally into DBZ..
Lol my name is saiyen,wat can u expect....

Lol I was waiting for you to find this thread.

Seiyen
03-30-2012, 06:08 AM
KaAaaaaammeeeeeeeeeeeeee-
Aaaaaaaaaaaammmmeeeeeeeee
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! @_@