PDA

View Full Version : My lvl 45 pally does low dmg

Yardsalez
08-08-2010, 04:51 PM
For some reason my pally always does low damage. Is it just me thinking this, the class or what. It just makes me mad when i look at everyone elses damage and dps, theirs is way higher than mine

ishibashi
08-08-2010, 05:50 PM
hahah :D i got you here bud, the problem is the paladins u and i both see as the high dpsers have pretty much all pinks - as a paladin class most of our damage "should" come from our aoes and etc but i have seen a paladin thats auto dmg is ridicolous and when crits is higher than his aoes, before you decide to give up on your char or re-roll you should try and get yourself completely well geared

tjornan
08-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Definitely agreed

Yardsalez
08-08-2010, 09:18 PM
well lol i have full thoth stats are int requires str djinn thoth spear myans helmet of thoth mynas plate mail of thoth and scarab buckler of thoth. I have the same as Violent except he has the k of isis i think could be thoth and a Pl shield. he does more damage than me and has a pl shield i mean really idk lol. I was told go bird best dps. Also told to try bear. I think I will just keep playing get in a group. As long as your in a group I will be fine ):

FluffNStuff
08-08-2010, 09:24 PM
well lol i have full thoth stats are int requires str djinn thoth spear myans helmet of thoth mynas plate mail of thoth and scarab buckler of thoth. I have the same as Violent except he has the k of isis i think could be thoth and a Pl shield. he does more damage than me and has a pl shield i mean really idk lol. I was told go bird best dps. Also told to try bear. I think I will just keep playing get in a group. As long as your in a group I will be fine ):

What they are saying is you really should not be relying on your weapon at all. Your real damage and dps comes from your AOE skills that hit multiple enemies with some serious firepower. Going Paladin is mostly about getting the protection from warrior plates and extra health that keeps you alive long enough to deal out that damage from your spells.

Now if what you want is solely damage from weapon, that would be the dex bear. The reason is that rage also adds 25 damage to your weapons to kick out some seriously crazy dps.

Violentsaint
08-08-2010, 09:29 PM
try this to hit harder.

use blessing of might (increased crit chance by 50% for like 10 seconds or sumthin) then use your debuffs like nightmere and weakness (i respec and only have 1 mana shield now and full weakness), then use lightning, life drain, froststorm and firestorm.

if your lucky you will crit and do more damage ;)

Yardsalez
08-08-2010, 09:44 PM
This is what i do ): 1. nightmare 2. ice storm 3. firestorm 4. lightning! (: Hey violent I saw you dont have dex now and have rest in int instead of dex

FluffNStuff
08-08-2010, 09:49 PM
This is what i do ): 1. nightmare 2. ice storm 3. firestorm 4. lightning! (: Hey violent I saw you dont have dex now and have rest in int instead of dex

My be a typo, but you need lightning before ice storm because lightning has armor reduction proc.

Royce
08-08-2010, 09:52 PM

Use lightning before other damage skills because it debuffs armor as well. Use firestorm last, or you will push opponents out of range of subsequent skills. I'm pretty sure Violent did that in anticipation of the stat-driven skill change. My paladin still has dex, but I built a 100% Int mage to test it out when it happens ;)
As for paladins they do enormous damage, you must be doing something wrong, or looking at the wrong things to see how much you do ;)