PDA

View Full Version : What happened to talons?

Coltona
03-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Ok I just got to thinking of this yesterday and it seems that the last set containing a talon is raid and custom, some orange talons drop in nuris but after sewers they have basically gone extinct. It seems they were replaced by daggers which are good for dps but not long range to avoid melee hits. I know in sewers everyone prefers bows, more than daggers or talons and fang it's pretty much equal dagger/bow but why cancel talons? I loved my talon bear lol didn't have to get too close to do good damage and still had good armor from a wing or shield, I'd like to see the devs bring talons back in humania, any reason why they cancelled them in the first place?

ExperimentNebulaCore
03-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Man, i as wondering that too. For birds end game, they have to use dagger. Its easy to die, even with all the dodge the birdie may have. With a good team though, dagger birdie will live. But still, talons are awsome. Im thinking since talons artn very fast, and is just a tad stronger than dagger, devs arnt making it. There are already talons and talon sets, so mabey humania will contain talon set.

Elyseon
03-29-2012, 10:33 AM
My guess is that talon birds would be too strong with ranged auto and extra armour,
Idk tho miss using them for bear

xDoNoToPeNb4xmasx
03-29-2012, 04:17 PM
It isn't because talon sets gave gone extinct. With the new levels, (60-66) A talon set is just a little too weak for such string enemies.

Coltona
03-29-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't think they're too weak, they'd have more armor than bows, and maybe less dps than dagger but higher damage range, so I think maybe it would be overpowered, but that's why we would love it right? I mean look at the hate sets they could last you till nuri and prob into fang if used right, but they're hard to get and cost a good bit of money.

I say let's see a talon set for humania!! Lol

modredd
03-30-2012, 12:04 AM
I agree I loved my talons in the sewers but I'm not a big fan of daggers.
You have my vote bring them back!

GELLIO77
03-30-2012, 03:25 AM
i used to hate talon bears at 55, they had their sewer plate helm and fury shield and a talon, you couldnt hit them but they could slowly chip away at your life.

ill say i think there needs to be a pink talon with a set as there is at every campaign up to sewers, so a bear can have range and dps so they are not completely dependent on their bow or beckon

kiitz
03-30-2012, 03:32 PM
I miss talons also :(

It was a great middle ground for str/dex bears who were looking for the additional armor and retain at least a little bit of range.

Coltona
03-30-2012, 04:19 PM
I should start a poll to bring them back!