PDA

View Full Version : 1.1.2 Content Update (84519)

asommers
03-29-2012, 02:18 PM
The difficulty of first two campaigns (Dynastar and Redsun) has been made easier for new players.
Added quest terminals to the campaigns in Redsun so users don't have to return to Base.
We are celebrating Pocket Legends turning 2! See the store for Pocket Legends character masks. Buy all three!
Account registration is now required in order to play Star Legends to protect your character, items and currency.

Ardon
03-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Wow, the first 2 campaigns were already pretty easy.

Sent from my Gummy ICS powered Droid X

Hullukko
03-29-2012, 03:42 PM
This seems to have broken the skill firing. I posted about it to the bugs section...

EDIT: Hmm, it's broken alright, but it seems it's intentional. Apparently STS had decided to sneak in "no more skills when knocked down" feature without a note. As a somewhat dedicated pvp player I find that insulting that they have the audacity to think that it doesn't even need to be mentioned. This has massive impact on pvp gaming. And is yet again a feature making me seriously ponder how long I should put up with this crap. As a a little older gent and a paying customer I'm used to a little more appreciation than this.

The time it takes to practice the moves and the cost in plat and real money to respec over and over again trying out different builds and all is formidable in every way. To piss on all that just like that feels very very wrong.

It seems the time to add another line to my forum location on the left is nearing...

Snakespeare
03-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Wow, the first 2 campaigns were already pretty easy.

Sent from my Gummy ICS powered Droid X

Not true, from my experience. I have been making and re-making level 1 to 10 characters and I can vouch for the fact that the Juicers make you use a TON of stims until you get level 10 armor. A new player will get discouraged by running out of stims by level 3 or 4, then go to the store and see the price. If you level a non-premium character through the maps you will not make enough credits to afford to replace your stims.

I've been telling new players to just play the first two levels (and not use stims) and move on as soon as possible, and come back for your quests later.

I'll play the low levels some more this weekend and see if it's better for the new players. Sounds good!

Snakespeare
03-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Ok, here is my result. I took a level 5 operative into Dynastar with 0 stims and 0 credits. I did all five maps. In the end I had 9 health stims and 8 power packs. I also got 150+ credits from drops and opened about 30 weapons lockers (items liquidate at 1 cr each).

The juicers are now about the SAME difficulty as the other mobs (!!!!!), and they have added quite a few more exploding barrels. If you stay far enough back from the barrels and blow them up first, it damages the mobs, even the juicers, to more than half their health. In some cases the barrels are arranged in an entertaining way that set off big chain reactions, clearing the room with but a few shots.

I had to stop a few times to let my operative recover his health, and once I even used a health stim.

Map 1 has a few changes to the floor plan. The first room with three weapons lockers is gone, the reinforcements are fewer, the mobs are spread out more. I think this will slow down the players who were using the old speed plan to level up to 5 so they could stash stims and delete. But with the way the mobs are spread out now, a new character takes less damage.

Also, some doors now open as you clear mobs and others that used to be need opening are now already opened.

It is a good fix. I think it will make the game more fun at the starting levels.

TEST #2

I took a random character, an engineer named ee-eye-ee-eye-oh or some such, and took the tutorial, accepted all quests, played through always going to next level. Still had 25 stims and powerpacks and had earned 350 credits by level 5. Level 5 happened in the middle of map 1 of Red Sun. (Note to devs, there's no way to turn in the last quest of Dyna at level one of Red Sun.) Returned to base. Took Tour, turned in final Dyna quest, picked up new quests.Went on, using portal to red sun. Ran with some level 7s. Got all the way to Redbeard and the [Replay Campaign] option. I used a total of one of each stim and power pack. He had over 600 credits and picked up enough stims to replace the ones used so was still at 25 each. He's got 170+ kills and no deaths.

flashbackflip
03-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey! Nice move with disabling ability to use skills when knocked down!!!

I was always wondering whats the point of my Lurch if ppl still can hit me... Now i guess it gets more useful!

Now it looks more 'real' assuming we r in space anyway))

Thanx for this update!

Rawrimafish
03-31-2012, 07:37 PM
hmm