PDA

View Full Version : Skills don't fire properly

Hullukko
03-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Skills have a really hard time firing. Pressed properly without cooldown and all and they just won't go. Keep tapping a sec or two and then they do again, but this happens like a dozen times during a pvp fight making it really awfull.

No cooldown in effect. The button goes "down" in a sense that the UI registers the press, but bounces back "up" no fading. The skill itself just doesn't fire and neither does the skill fade or go into cooldown. Affects multiple skills at a same time (like when I tried to tap mass and vigor both furiously and neither would fire for a good while). It's exactly like the op skills I so often try to fire close to but right outside 12m range. The button goes down, but bounces up. I need to press it again inside the 12m and off we go. Only in this case, this happened with my comm with toe to toe, but other classes reported the same thing.

Multiple people complaining about the same thing. I'm using androids and it started today.

EDIT: I mentioned android because that's all I have. This may affect IOS aswell, I dunno.
EDIT: Clarified my description of the skill button behaviour.

Kaytar
03-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Hm I'm on android also; I'll try it in a sec

-_-Legiito
03-29-2012, 03:51 PM
I havent been playing a lot but I too wanna check this out, I too am and andriod user

MrKrone
03-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Stock 6.2.2 kindle fire - i notice something similar, though, it is only with the autoattack button. I get so disoriented...

Samhayne
03-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey Hullukko,

What's your ping displaying? I was just playing a bit of Star Legends on a Dell Streak running Android 2.2 and it seemed pretty smooth to me. My ping was in the low 100's (like 105-115).

Mitchturbo
03-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm running Android 3.4 and its running fine for me :-)

Commanderkeen
03-29-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm running a custom mod TG cm7 2.3.7 and everything is fine on mine. I was running 2.2.2 froyo and it ran fine then too. Might upgrade to cm9 soon if they get the camera working need a camera.

Hullukko
03-29-2012, 04:25 PM
It varies a lot these days. But we are talking about 200-800 range. Recently at this time of the day, I'd say 300-400 is the average.

It's very different from lag. Lag causes skills to go cooldown and then fire when stuff starts to flow again. Here the skill button bounces right back to no-cooldown state as if I never fired it.

I can't reproduce in base. It only occurred during pvp fights for me. Four different fights, two of which in different rooms. Others complained about the very same thing, others also very experienced players that certainly can tell tcp hickups apart from this.

Hullukko
03-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Clearly doesn't affect all, but again in this one room someone described the very same thing with 154 ping (android).

And one more very experienced player saying the same thing. This time on chrome and mac.

And a guildie saying that the same thing in pve, android.

And I'm certain this is a new phenomenon, not present 24 hours ago.

Oh well, I gotta go to bed now. Good luck bug hunting.

OvigorothO
03-29-2012, 05:37 PM
what your describing can only be named as lag. when you lag you can move around but u can't talk or see others moving and talking. if you press a skill the button will fade as if pressed but will not fire or reset.

OvigorothO
03-29-2012, 05:40 PM
the chrome version might not immediately display altering in ping levels

Wolves
03-29-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm getting the same thing in pvp but not in pve on iphone4s at a steady 200 ping.

Just tried my skills in pvp alone and they worked fine.

Cryozfear
03-29-2012, 09:22 PM
I`m having the same problem in PVE in Volaria. It`s not like normal lag since there is no freezing or skipping other than the skills. My ping is around 200. Im using Android too. The skills will blink when i press them but do not fire or fade away for cooldown. I need to hit the skills a few times before they actually work. The autoshooting is working fine.

MightyMicah
03-29-2012, 09:47 PM
I have the exact same issue playing Pocket legends on my ios. (i realize this is star legends) one question: do you listen to music when you play? Or do you ever minimize your app for a sec then bring it back up?

I noticed that when I would minimize Pocket legends and go to pick a different song on my music app, I would return to Pocket Legends and that is when the buttons wouldn't press properly. Not sure what causes it to do that...

MrKrone
03-29-2012, 10:07 PM
This is for star legends? Oh my! I thought it was pocket legends haha. Oh well, my post still applies to star legends.

Hullukko
03-30-2012, 08:05 AM
This is apparently a new feature. No more skills when knocked down. Swell..

Could STS again explain how they feel it's ok to make a change like this without:
a) offering (esp pvp) players at least a couple refunds for their prior skill respecs (because undoubtedly this forces many players to alter their builds)?
b) letting us know about it?

I feel nothing short of betrayed.
Yet again.

Hullukko
03-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey Hullukko,

What's your ping displaying? I was just playing a bit of Star Legends on a Dell Streak running Android 2.2 and it seemed pretty smooth to me. My ping was in the low 100's (like 105-115).

Didn't even you know about the change your buddies decided to shove down our throats?

Thanks a freakin lot. Every pvp player I've talked to is furious. Not even worth mentioning?

Samhayne
03-30-2012, 04:27 PM
The team is looking at that pvp change now. It made it in as a bug fix as such didn't get caught in our usual crawl through changes to create patch notes.

Our apologies for the un-documented change. Look for a fix for the issue to go out early next week at the soonest.

Justg
03-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Didn't even you know about the change your buddies decided to shove down our throats?

It was a bug. We're pushing out a fix for it today. Thanks for being patient.

Wolves
03-30-2012, 06:51 PM
No fire or skills when knocked down makes sense as it was kinda silly to be able to kill something when you're on your butt. However this makes engis even more worthless in pvp cuz Wes gots no knockdown skills.

Any fix on the skill no fire issue in the update that just went out?

PianoWizzy
03-30-2012, 07:39 PM
No fire or skills when knocked down makes sense as it was kinda silly to be able to kill something when you're on your butt. However this makes engis even more worthless in pvp cuz Wes gots no knockdown skills.

Any fix on the skill no fire issue in the update that just went out?

Yes, I'm sorry, while the change in the way PvP is played makes sense, Engis are going to have an even harder time fighting is my main complaint. Not that I personally care about PvP but it did cause noticeable rage.

Rawrimafish
03-31-2012, 08:42 AM
I dont think it is for IOS.