PDA

View Full Version : no more unregistered account?

tearacan
03-29-2012, 06:16 PM
I tried to create a trail toon on unregistered account and chosen a class and entered tutorial.
Wanted to skip tutorial and it's only giving me the register account option also each time i login, unable to play. :(

Why?

Using android ics.

ArtStar
03-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Try looking before you post,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?53694-Save-Your-Stuff-amp-Register-Today!&p=604085#post604085

:-)

Mitchturbo
03-30-2012, 12:34 AM
I think its good, will produce a lot less trolls in Blackstar for example.

Skeletonlord
03-30-2012, 12:47 AM
The whole idea of having a registered account is so people can't get into your accounts. Unregistered users are more at risk. Just make a username and password within the app. Really quick and easy. Most users I see are using registered accounts. This change came in the latest update to Pocket Legends and Star Legends to include the birthday!

tearacan
03-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Oops, thanks art!
I don't think this will lead to less trolls, ppl are still free to generate accounts as crazy since many services offer free email accounts.

pls remove 'use unregistered account' button/option from interface. It has no use and is misleading.

StompArtist
03-30-2012, 08:28 AM
The whole idea of having a registered account is so people can't get into your accounts. Unregistered users are more at risk. Just make a username and password within the app. Really quick and easy. Most users I see are using registered accounts. This change came in the latest update to Pocket Legends and Star Legends to include the birthday!

Not sure if I buy the "unregistered users are more at risk" but the reason behind removing the unregistered account is that Apple and Android do not allow apps to pull your unique device ID anymore so there is no way to tie the unregistered account to your device besides user names and passwords.

I think its good, will produce a lot less trolls in Blackstar for example.

Actually this could result in more Trolls. Unless I am mistaken, if STS is no longer able to tie in a specific device unique ID then they will no longer be able to enforce device bans. They can enforce account bans but not the device itself.

Samhayne
03-30-2012, 08:52 AM
pls remove 'use unregistered account' button/option from interface. It has no use and is misleading.

Removing the 'use unregistered account' button will go away after the next client update (which requires submission and approval through Apple). Thanks for the feedback and our apologies for any confusion!