PDA

View Full Version : 2020-11-05 Content Update (279501)

TzatOps
11-05-2020, 11:24 AM
+ A special 'Honor Capture the Flag' mini-event begins November 5th and runs for one week!
+ Level 76 PvP Legends should head to Vardan Valley and don their Honor Gear to enter the portal.
+ Play Honor CTF and let us know your thoughts on this addition to the 'Honor' experience.
+ See more details: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?536431-Preview-Honor-CTF-Mini-Event!
+ Coming soon: Arcane Legends' 8th Birthday celebration, followed by Harvest 2020!
+ Fixed CTF match exiting early if players left during match formation.
+ Ranked PvP: Removed forest map, added crypts.
+ Camera orientation has been given a small random offset to add visual variety and interest to dungeon exploration.

firebelt & crystalkiller
11-05-2020, 11:27 AM
+ A special 'Honor Capture the Flag' mini-event begins November 5th and runs for one week!
+ Level 76 PvP Legends should head to Vardan Valley and don their Honor Gear to enter the portal.
+ Play Honor CTF and let us know your thoughts on this addition to the 'Honor' experience.
+ See more details: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?536431-Preview-Honor-CTF-Mini-Event!
+ Coming soon: Arcane Legends' 8th Birthday celebration, followed by Harvest 2020!
+ Camera orientation has been given a small random offset to add visual variety and interest to dungeon exploration.Nice nice.. Ty for the early info on upcoming events

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Willl
11-05-2020, 11:33 AM
@Cinco

Heyaa, is the poll for the vanities comeback coming with this event as you said few weeks ago?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

MiruZetu
11-05-2020, 11:33 AM
Exiting fix on normal ctf or rank?

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Tapatalk

Ygadaikto
11-05-2020, 11:43 AM
I logged into my old account today ...
How is it possible that he was last online almost 50 years ago?:D

Ygadaikto
11-05-2020, 11:48 AM
And yes, you still haven't added a caption to the new cell...

Cinco
11-05-2020, 11:55 AM
I logged into my old account today ...
How is it possible that he was last online almost 50 years ago?:D

2020's been a loooooong year, my friend.

octavos
11-05-2020, 12:00 PM
All i ask is for one button......one button

to turn off ALL Buffs, lights shining, or items flying...the game is becoming really hard to see, and I'm having trouble to grab my items when i see all the flashing.

this will clean up the game alot...maybe even help performance.

Kaziscate
11-05-2020, 12:16 PM
+ Camera orientation has been given a small random offset to add visual variety and interest to dungeon exploration.

I like this, though I think it will feel a little disorienting having the camera locked at random positions all the time, especially if runs are lasting just a few seconds. I would prefer allowing us to freely rotate the camera so that we can further admire the environments. It also makes the game feel much more alive.

reyals
11-05-2020, 12:17 PM

its impossible to play on pc now in some locations :/ can you return camera in normal position or unlock it?

Zeus
11-05-2020, 12:26 PM
Can PvP unlocked camera be given the same initial offset/camera angle that locked camera has? It would make for much better use rather than constantly adjusting to the ideal position on respawn.

Futumsh
And yes, you still haven't added a caption to the new cell...

Fixed if you patch. Next time, report it to the bugs and tech forum - I don't always see them elsewhere, and I never saw any mention of this before.

Cinco
its impossible to play on pc now in some locations :/ can you return camera in normal position or unlock it?

Please be specific. I probably won't remove the feature but we can adjust it in places where it doesn't look right. Thanks!

reyals
11-05-2020, 12:34 PM
Please be specific. I probably won't remove the feature but we can adjust it in places where it doesn't look right. Thanks!

on pc I can't move in ANY direction like on phone... have only 8 directions to move, usually camera angle at all maps was according to my directions where i can move (w/w+a/w+d) and i could run straight... for example any raid (hydra/infested/nightmare raid): i needed just press "W" to run at boss, check how it works now... mausoleum always was w+a/w+d... how to run it now?

Cinco
11-05-2020, 12:35 PM
on pc I can't move in ANY direction like on phone... have only 8 directions to move, usually camera angle at all maps was according to my directions where i can move (w/w+a/w+d) and i could run straight... for example any raid (hydra/infested/nightmare raid): i needed just press "W" to run at boss, check how it works now... mausoleum always was w+a/w+d... how to run it now?

Ah yes - you have to turn. I play on the PC all of the time so I'm used to it. I think you will get used to this also. Just takes a little bit of time. Thanks for the feedback!

Infectivity
11-05-2020, 12:48 PM
Could we get a tick box to lock the camera to it's original place? The constant changing is annoying in my opinion.

QuaseT
11-05-2020, 12:57 PM

Very interesting... Awesome you take this into consideration. Made me a bit dizzy today running maps differently but will probably work out after a while. Needs some testing time maybe.

Bundlos
11-05-2020, 12:58 PM
The camera changes feel a bit weird at first because we were used to running every map in a certain way. But it is a welcome change and to be honest it might be a good deterrent to botting

QuaseT
11-05-2020, 01:00 PM
Could we get a tick box to lock the camera to it's original place? The constant changing is annoying in my opinion.

The idea to make a tick box destroys the whole purpose of releasing this to prevent botters.

MiruZetu
11-05-2020, 01:02 PM
I feel like I'm running new map everytime but its makes me dizzy n annoyed at same times i hope there is a way to lock Camera position so ppl wont get dizzy. Anyway its a good change tho

reyals
11-05-2020, 01:02 PM
The idea to make a tick box destroys the whole purpose of releasing this to prevent botters.

it doesnt prevent botters, every map has exact angle lol and doesnt change after remap

Ygadaikto
11-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Fixed if you patch. Next time, report it to the bugs and tech forum - I don't always see them elsewhere, and I never saw any mention of this before.

When the last time I found bugs in the game, I wrote about it in the comments under the post, and no one reproach me about it (I didn't quite understand what you meant by writing "if you patch" (sorry for my knowledge of English) ). I thought that they were not critical for the gameplay, so I just left a note in the comments. But now I will know where to report bugs found in the game!

|Ares|
11-05-2020, 01:04 PM
Can we have an option to adjust the camera as it used to be normally in old elite locations? It feels very weird to deal with maps now especially when it comes to do timed runs on them.
Thank you

superpappy
11-05-2020, 01:09 PM
hate this new camera update. running game on pc and every time i enter boogie map or necro map the angle is effing different. after playing the same maps for two weeks its become a habit where to go, what buttons to press. now i run into walls, go off in another direction sheesh.

can there be an option to lock the camera back to what it was. this new camera feature should be optional not the default!

it SUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

QuaseT
11-05-2020, 01:19 PM
it doesnt prevent botters, every map has exact angle lol and doesnt change after remap

I think you havent tried maps often enough or it was changed again... it does change almost every run.

reyals
11-05-2020, 01:23 PM
you havent tried maps often enough

yes, noticed now, got similar angle 3-4 times at same map and thought it will not change; anyways, it sucks for pc :/

superpappy
11-05-2020, 01:26 PM
it made me dizzy...its very disorienting and does more harm than good to the overall gameplay experience on pc....roll it back please of make it optional!

Susanne
11-05-2020, 01:32 PM
I can't play this now. Why did you do this? 😢

Susanne
11-05-2020, 01:34 PM
I'm not using pc but it's just awful. Is there no way you can make it so we can choose?

Cinco
11-05-2020, 01:37 PM
I'm not using pc but it's just awful. Is there no way you can make it so we can choose?

We may consider adding other movement options (for both devices and for PC users), but the camera rotation offset will not be optional.

Seyrarms
11-05-2020, 01:40 PM
+ Camera orientation has been given a small random offset to add visual variety and interest to dungeon exploration.Nice thanks fixed CTF. I don't like someone people use this for make a dummy point ctf to be easy and not fair.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

octavos
11-05-2020, 01:41 PM
We may consider adding other movement options (for both devices and for PC users), but the camera rotation offset will not be optional.

this would help if we have a bluetooth xbox controller to play :) which would be fantastic since xperia play is obsolete.

MiruZetu
11-05-2020, 01:42 PM

Okay but i feel like camera is 90 degree offset can change it to minimal? I hit wall everytime running maps

Cinco
11-05-2020, 01:42 PM
this would help if we have a bluetooth xbox controller to play :) which would be fantastic since xperia play is obsolete.

Wow. Xperia Play... what a blast from the past! :-)

mhysaa
11-05-2020, 01:47 PM

i understand the importance of the camera changing, but goooosshh is so annoying and confusing xD

muffyveismetabi
11-05-2020, 01:58 PM
its so bad. everyone hitting to walls why would you do that? this makes me wanna quit the game ....

Susanne
11-05-2020, 02:02 PM

It's sideways..I can't explain it but definitely not a good experience. I'm not the only one, a lot in-game don't like it.
It's your game, entitled to do what you wish but like a few have said in-game, makes us miss stuff, go dizzy and run into the walls. That's on phone, I don't play on computer. It's a mobile game after all, meant to be played anywhere.
It was ok as it was. I'll get me coat, empty my locker, pack my bags. 😟

IExposedYou
11-05-2020, 02:07 PM
I thought I was the only one but I also get dizzy with the slight map changes. Especially when you remap to a same map every few seconds or minutes and it looks different

mhysaa
11-05-2020, 02:11 PM

-im literally moving my head following the new camera side each run xD -

MiruZetu
11-05-2020, 02:13 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Zeus
11-05-2020, 02:27 PM

LOL! Your poor neck.

Oakmaiden
11-05-2020, 02:32 PM
Lol, def thought I was experiencing a glitch in maps....

dantesak
11-05-2020, 02:43 PM
Shorter maps / fast remaping (event map, boogie..) is with this rotation camera horrible. It cause only dizziness.
Hitting wall, acting like drunken sailor.
Can you give option to cancel this rotation or make smaller offset, please?

Yjay
11-05-2020, 03:01 PM
@Cinco and Futumish, WHY DID THE HONOR BETA CTF ADD A FLAG ON MY KDR??
I used to have 0/0/0 on ctf. Now i have 0/0/1. PLease change it back

Prabsimar Chhabra
11-05-2020, 03:02 PM
I used to have 0/0/0 on ctf. Now i have 0/0/1. PLease change it backOof

Sent from my Babe️ using Tapatalk [emoji3590]

QuaseT
11-05-2020, 03:15 PM
Suggestion: Make the maps turn each 15/30/60mins for all to a new random angle instead of every remap to prevent getting drunk while playing 20s runs.

fajaratulnaj
11-05-2020, 03:30 PM
Make it 5v5 plssssaasasss

Futumsh
11-05-2020, 03:57 PM
I used to have 0/0/0 on ctf. Now i have 0/0/1. PLease change it back

Patch going out now will make goals not count toward player stats - PM me your character name if you want yours removed.

Yjay
11-05-2020, 03:59 PM
I emailed you in personal msg with my name ^.^ thank you s:love_heart:oo much

Nexior
11-05-2020, 04:59 PM
Do now look like is almost unpossible to flag on hc mode . Would be better just delete pvp for hc ,its looks unfair to them who just start hc. Regards

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I003DD przy użyciu Tapatalka

Matrix.war
11-05-2020, 05:16 PM
Do now look like is almost unpossible to flag on hc mode . Would be better just delete pvp for hc ,its looks unfair to them who just start hc. Regards

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I003DD przy użyciu TapatalkaEven the standard characters, especially the seasonals chars [emoji53]

Anchoret
11-05-2020, 07:01 PM
Ah yes - you have to turn. I play on the PC all of the time so I'm used to it. I think you will get used to this also. Just takes a little bit of time. Thanks for the feedback!

With respect, I disagree.

This camera angle change is terrible for PC users who use a keyboard. It's awful enough having only 8 ways to move, but at least there was some regularity to the way we could move. I switch back and forth between PC and iPad, and the difference is like night and day. I constantly have to tap the keys to course correct, and using the rogue SP skill to move ahead is virtually impossible, as I keep banging into walls. My focus is solely on my movement, not on gameplay. As a result, gameplay suffers. It is very disorienting.

I've been playing this game for 8 years, since the 1st day, and while I'm not against minor changes and tweaks to keep the game fresh, this isn't that. I can't rely on muscle memory anymore. And that might be cool for say, playing football or Tae Kwan Do, but I play this game to relax and chill, not to keep my reflexes sharp.

Please, PLEASE consider changing it back, at least for PC users, who are disproportionately affected by this horrible change.

MiruZetu
11-05-2020, 08:51 PM
Even the standard characters, especially the seasonals chars [emoji53]

Yeah sts should reset seasonal ctf

Inozuke
11-05-2020, 11:06 PM

don't use bot and maybe you stop bumping into walls

Inozuke
11-05-2020, 11:08 PM
pure bot is complaining about the camera I've been playing all day and I don't feel anything bad, don't exaggerate

Nocturnus
11-05-2020, 11:16 PM
Nice update. Many botter criying so funny.. tysm

QuaseT
11-06-2020, 02:02 AM
pure bot is complaining about the camera I've been playing all day and I don't feel anything bad, don't exaggerateOn phone it is alright. On pc it is unplayable imo.

firebelt & crystalkiller
11-06-2020, 02:05 AM
On phone it is alright. On pc it is unplayable imo.I don't understand.. It's not that hard right.. I'm a pc player I don't feel anything "hard"
I'm sure I'll get used to it.. Also if botting can be stopped with this.. That's such an achievement.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Susanne
11-06-2020, 02:23 AM
Nice update. Many botter criying so funny.. tysm

I complained and I can assure you one hundred percent that I do not bot. I don't play on a pc either.
I've either got used to it or there's been a subtle change..whatever..you should not accuse people of breaking rules.

Nocturnus
11-06-2020, 02:49 AM
I complained and I can assure you one hundred percent that I do not bot. I don't play on a pc either.
I've either got used to it or there's been a subtle change..whatever..you should not accuse people of breaking rules.

If my post bothers you, it must be for something ...

Gnarsito
11-06-2020, 04:07 AM

-im literally moving my head following the new camera side each run xD -XDD i think there's not better way to explain this

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

Susanne
11-06-2020, 04:08 AM
If my post bothers you, it must be for something ...

No you don't bother me in the slightest. Sts can check up on me anytime. I'm just the idiot who sticks up for others and then gets shot down in flames for doing so.

Faded09
11-06-2020, 05:30 AM
Seriously about the camera rotation I can't run dungeons for a long time because it gives dizzy to me. Much better to give an option regarding to this features like a 360° or an option to lock or unlock the random camera rotation in every map. What is the reason why you need to add that features? To see the environment of arlor?

reyals
11-06-2020, 06:00 AM
don't use bot and maybe you stop bumping into walls

LOL, imagine trash sharks accuse somebody about botting

Prabsimar Chhabra
11-06-2020, 06:37 AM
Unlocked camera would be the best fix for this :)

Sent from my Babe️ using Tapatalk [emoji3590]

arcanefid
11-06-2020, 08:13 AM
its so bad. everyone hitting to walls why would you do that? this makes me wanna quit the game ....

Uhh... have you tried opening your eyes?

Oakmaiden
11-06-2020, 08:25 AM
You’ be ok ....

octavos
11-06-2020, 11:20 AM
You’ be ok ....

ah good old G man...yes you will be ok XD now we need more recolors of vanities. that would be one hell of an christmas present.

emresaldiroglu
11-06-2020, 03:57 PM
This decision should be left to the user. It makes dizziness for a computer user. Yes, the camera angles are nice, but we should be able to choose the angle we want. It's funny to choose such a way to prevent cheaters in the game. I don't think so. There is a much simpler way to do this by verifying code at specific times. The constant change of the camera angle only causes ligament pain. This must be left to the user.

kevin11
11-07-2020, 12:29 AM
é isso ai... gg roger

nzoal
11-07-2020, 07:59 AM
I’ve been playing this game for years now. I love this game but the constant change of the camera angle is driving me crazy. I feel dizzy from the angles and prefer the old camera angle it is much better. Maybe an idea could be in the settings there is a camera control to be turned on and off something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assassinmagetank
11-08-2020, 10:31 PM
Advance happy birthday STS [emoji177]

Sent from my SM-T285 using Tapatalk

GRIN
11-10-2020, 12:25 AM
cant wait for the event

Junior santos
11-10-2020, 10:02 AM
Quando que vem mini evento de xp no horário das 21:00 ?