PDA

View Full Version : im gonna become a game designer..

soulreapercpt
03-29-2012, 08:52 PM
In July 2012 I'm going to college for software development and gaming graphics and design for bachelors also going to take web development and a web business management class... and would love to hear some good ideas about how to get started in mmorpg development and design. Just kind of like a how did you begin and wats your story .... for reply from sts staff only. My char. Is soulreapercpt. Pocket legends. Also if anyone needs help or someone to talk to add meeee!!! My char is Lev 64 so I can help anyone. :') and I will

Yaranas
03-30-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm not sts staff, but I am a former Browser-based mmorpg game developer. I was also a member of the production team for the company itself. I have had many years experience in the field and have done work with such companys as coldfront.net and mmorpg.com more so for coldfront but I was a live chat operator for the mmorpg.com's web chat client plugin. It was quite fun indeed. I also did ingame administrator stuff for the mmorpg I was working on. All I can say is not to give up no matter what. It may get hard, but keep striving, one day you'll make it and you can look into the mirror and say "you did it".

Yaranas
03-30-2012, 12:24 AM
I will one day work for spacetime studios. I know it. Until then I'm going to finish my college which is already payed for, about 5 years worth so far has been payed so I can get to work. If you have any questions feel free to contact me ingame or via on the forums using the private message feature.

Artentreri
03-30-2012, 12:40 AM
I will one day work for spacetime studios. I know it. Until then I'm going to finish my college which is already payed for, about 5 years worth so far has been payed so I can get to work. If you have any questions feel free to contact me ingame or via on the forums using the private message feature.

You may have to change your name to become a dev. :p

Yaranas
03-30-2012, 05:12 AM
I know it can be interpretted as foul, but rest assured when I made the account and the name, I had no intention of it being bad.

ArtStar
03-30-2012, 07:59 AM
I don't have any experience in this area,
But I have a few friends who are working on this.
Good luck! It is obviously a very successful place to be.