PDA

View Full Version : somethings id like to see from my PL&SL experience

GELLIO77
03-30-2012, 08:32 AM
1. more team game play implemented:

im not sure how many ppl will be in one lobby/game im guessing 5 like in PL and SL but i think there should be more combos that involve more then one class, like in pl the mega combos needed all 3 classes to perform and maybe only 1-2 that need 2 classes like: Root+Light= nature strike and that was all a mage and bird could do so have more combos that incluse only 2 classes (assuming there are 3 classes in DL) if there are more then 3 classes then same still applies. you get the idea but ill move on now.

2. elixirs and health packs:

this will be split into 2 paragraphs talking about each one separately.

elixirs, this links back to my first point, dont make them to OP, the shear number of thrasher users has earned the title of the ''thrasher gen'' as quoted my snakespeare, and i wouldnt like DL to go down that road to, make the elixirs 4x xp and not 4 a 4x thrasher where you can auto someone and they will just drop on the floor cos of that elixir. if you are going to sell the elixirs that give 4x dmg, armour etc. put them into a sub-category under: 4x, 3x and 2x and make it so you can but a max of 2-3 elixir at a time from all 3 sub-categories, and maybe have a 1.5x for gold where you can get thrashers but ofc its 1.5x so it wont be OP, this will force people to buy the thing they need, the xp pot without getting the insta-kill head shot combo pots.

and now onto health packs, dont make them to expensive like in SL but if this is the case then make gold or whatever the currency is going to be a more frequent drop from enemies so you can be getting 3-4 gold per kill which means people can afford the health packs and will keep their K/D in good form and help the group a lot more by being alive rather then dead.

3. items and game balancing:

again will be split into two paragraphs explaining each one.

items, so say there are 3 classes, you have the tank who takes the dmg controls the mob and takes the agro, and you have the healer and dmg dealer as on Pl and Sl (warrior/commando, engi/mage and bird/operative), make the items suited to each class so as not to make them to OP, for example, currently in Pl there is the lillith wand set and the orlok sword set, both make their home class (class which they were made for) very OP in the communities eyes, the way i see it is if you give a class one necessity you must take one away, a bear for instance needs armour and dodge to survive the wrath of groups, if you take both away the tank will die, but if you take one away it can still survive but will take more skill then having both. same for a bird or what ever class is the dmg dealer in sl, you take away dmg you give it crit and vice versa

balancing the game, well ive watched the trailer if you can call it that and have seen there are many classes (or what look like separate classes) and i think in in PL before GCD the bird was the king of the arena, that needs to change. make each class have one or two that can counter it. this will balance out pvp giving everyone a chance against each class therefore making the game more enjoyable and keeping ppl into the game and making some more of da moneys

ik it might be a bit late cos the game is coming out soon but some ideas for the next few patches in the future

peace

-Gel

Kaytar
03-30-2012, 08:37 AM
I think they are doing away with classes and doing skill trees for customization. And I read somewhere that there can be 3 players in an instance and 25 in a town... I'll search for the article on my computer later

GELLIO77
03-30-2012, 08:38 AM
what do you mean,
doing away with classes

Commanderkeen
03-30-2012, 08:46 AM
what do you mean,

There are no classes in DL there's going to be skill trees. Which means there's going to be tons of different "classes" out there. There will be no longer picking a class at the begining of the game like PL/SL.

GELLIO77
03-30-2012, 08:55 AM
oh i get it ty, but if its like that all the armour is vanity and you are basically playing for looks?

Taipan
03-30-2012, 09:00 AM
...(assuming that there are three classes in DL)...

Classes/races? Sorry, but this isn't PL or SL. You get to play a freakin Vampire :D

Edit: that isn't to say that there is no customization - there is. We have to save something to talk about in the future :D
Took a while to find Samhayne's post

GELLIO77
03-30-2012, 09:02 AM
ok ty for the insight, but what about weapons? how do you increase dmg and there will still be stats like str dex etc

ArtStar
03-30-2012, 09:06 AM
1. more team game play implemented:

im not sure how many ppl will be in one lobby/game im guessing 5 like in PL and SL but i think there should be more combos that involve more then one class, like in pl the mega combos needed all 3 classes to perform and maybe only 1-2 that need 2 classes like: Root+Light= nature strike and that was all a mage and bird could do so have more combos that incluse only 2 classes (assuming there are 3 classes in DL) if there are more then 3 classes then same still applies. you get the idea but ill move on now.

2. elixirs and health packs:

this will be split into 2 paragraphs talking about each one separately.

elixirs, this links back to my first point, dont make them to OP, the shear number of thrasher users has earned the title of the ''thrasher gen'' as quoted my snakespeare, and i wouldnt like DL to go down that road to, make the elixirs 4x xp and not 4 a 4x thrasher where you can auto someone and they will just drop on the floor cos of that elixir. if you are going to sell the elixirs that give 4x dmg, armour etc. put them into a sub-category under: 4x, 3x and 2x and make it so you can but a max of 2-3 elixir at a time from all 3 sub-categories, and maybe have a 1.5x for gold where you can get thrashers but ofc its 1.5x so it wont be OP, this will force people to buy the thing they need, the xp pot without getting the insta-kill head shot combo pots.

and now onto health packs, dont make them to expensive like in SL but if this is the case then make gold or whatever the currency is going to be a more frequent drop from enemies so you can be getting 3-4 gold per kill which means people can afford the health packs and will keep their K/D in good form and help the group a lot more by being alive rather then dead.

3. items and game balancing:

again will be split into two paragraphs explaining each one.

items, so say there are 3 classes, you have the tank who takes the dmg controls the mob and takes the agro, and you have the healer and dmg dealer as on Pl and Sl (warrior/commando, engi/mage and bird/operative), make the items suited to each class so as not to make them to OP, for example, currently in Pl there is the lillith wand set and the orlok sword set, both make their home class (class which they were made for) very OP in the communities eyes, the way i see it is if you give a class one necessity you must take one away, a bear for instance needs armour and dodge to survive the wrath of groups, if you take both away the tank will die, but if you take one away it can still survive but will take more skill then having both. same for a bird or what ever class is the dmg dealer in sl, you take away dmg you give it crit and vice versa

balancing the game, well ive watched the trailer if you can call it that and have seen there are many classes (or what look like separate classes) and i think in in PL before GCD the bird was the king of the arena, that needs to change. make each class have one or two that can counter it. this will balance out pvp giving everyone a chance against each class therefore making the game more enjoyable and keeping ppl into the game and making some more of da moneys

ik it might be a bit late cos the game is coming out soon but some ideas for the next few patches in the future

peace

-Gel

I am pretty sure I saw that there will only be three to every PvE room.
Making it where you are more individually powerful, making a lot more combos too actually.
The gameplay is going to be pretty different from what we have played before thats for sure.

Elixers and plat stuff will always play a major role in the advancement of a lot of players.
So I am sorry but I think plat will actually play a bigger role than the previous games.

Lol and there is not going to be any specific class sets, simply because there will be no specific classes.
There will be one class, Vampires, who you get to make look as unique as you want as an individual.
Vampire hybrids if you wanna get technical, with an intense new skill system.
Using things like "shards" to customize your skills.

GELLIO77
03-30-2012, 09:09 AM
I am pretty sure I saw that there will only be three to every PvE room.
Making it where you are more individually powerful, making a lot more combos too actually.
The gameplay is going to be pretty different from what we have played before thats for sure.

Elixers and plat stuff will always play a major role in the advancement of a lot of players.
So I am sorry but I think plat will actually play a bigger role than the previous games.

Lol and there is not going to be any specific class sets, simply because there will be no specific classes.
There will be one class, Vampires, who you get to make look as unique as you want as an individual.
Vampire hybrids if you wanna get technical, with an intense new skill system.
Using things like "shards" to customize your skills.

art i honestly only found out about everything today after i posted that lol, so plz dont kill me.

and how do you get shards anyone know? or is it every time you lvl up

worldpeace
03-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Lol this thread was a waste imo, not trying to be "that guy" but u should've searched around the DL forums instead of making assumptions...

~ wp(worldpeace) ~

ArtStar
03-30-2012, 09:18 AM
art i honestly only found out about everything today after i posted that lol, so plz dont kill me.

and how do you get shards anyone know? or is it every time you lvl up

No killing, I was just bored my bad.
Letting you know what I hear and see.

Commanderkeen
03-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Took a while to find Samhayne's post

Should have checked the FAQs all need to know info is there :).

Commanderkeen
03-30-2012, 09:26 AM
It looks like you get shards from drops, you also might get them for doing quests but no one atm knows besides STS.

Elyseon
03-30-2012, 09:42 AM
I have never heard the orlok set called OP, it seems quite underpowered to me

GELLIO77
03-30-2012, 11:34 AM
oh lol didnt mean mean to call it OP, just using as a example

*Zero*
03-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Heres a fantastic idea.....lets wait for the game to actually come out and play it then lets judge what it needs.