PDA

View Full Version : Spring is almost here

Commanderkeen
03-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Spring is almost here what has STS cooked up for us your wondering? Well here's a video i found on FB enjoy and plz share your thoughts.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlVoe6k5c8tI&v=lVoe6k5c8tI&gl=US

NECROREAPER
03-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Technically, it's spring, haha.

March 21 brings about the change of seasons to spring with the Spring equinox.

Roc
03-30-2012, 01:54 PM
I think the Earth's tilt has been wobbling because there have been a couple of chilly days here! ;) I guess it was the last chance for people to wear their winter wardrobe before packing it away :)

DawnInfinity
03-30-2012, 01:59 PM
it's definitely spring already.. haha. it's already in the 80s where I live!

Cahaun
03-30-2012, 02:02 PM
It's around the 40's to 50's here (Fahrenheit)

NECROREAPER
03-30-2012, 03:42 PM
I think the Earth's tilt has been wobbling because there have been a couple of chilly days here! ;) I guess it was the last chance for people to wear their winter wardrobe before packing it away :)

Global warming. That's also why the winter has been unseasonably mild; the seasons are getting pushed back and out of whack.

@steph: lol, it's always been in the 80s where I live, haha -___-

Commanderkeen
03-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Meant to add event sorry I know what season were in atm.

Rare
03-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Technically, it's spring, haha.

March 21 brings about the change of seasons to spring with the Spring equinox.

Spring started in late January here is the dirty south.

Appleisaac
03-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Global warming. That's also why the winter has been unseasonably mild; the seasons are getting pushed back and out of whack.

You believe that stuff? O.o Humans have not been recording weather long enough to know if this is abnormal. My guess is that the earth follows some sort of temperature cycle, and every "so many years" it reaches a spot where temperatures are significantly higher. Yes, we may lose 4 or 5 polar bears, but in the long run who cares? XD

P.S. sorry about this post. I felt like argueing.

gotrocks420
03-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Global warming is very much real. Please do your own research into this and dont take the media's word for it (i appologize that came off as rude- didnt mean to its just something i feel strongly about)

Climatologists know for a fact that our planet does cycle through warm/cold phases every 5000 years or so, we know this, among other reasons, because of looking at ice core samples in the arctic.

Unfortunately, we are supposed to be cooling off right now, not heating up.

Oh, and spring has definetly not sprung in the pacific northwest =P

Commanderkeen
03-31-2012, 01:10 PM
Hey guys how about we get back on topic and talk about the Spring Event. This is my first Spring in PL/SL what can i expect?

Kaytar
03-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Hey guys how about we get back on topic and talk about the Spring Event. This is my first Spring in PL/SL what can i expect?same here. From what I heard, you can wave at people to get little bunny ears, have a scavenger hunt for Easter related items, farm tradable bunny ear vanities

gotrocks420
03-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Sorry about that, allow me to be a little more helpful.

Easter event starts April 3rd 2012! Yea, you will need a little bit of platinum, I'm pretty sure the questing was given from "The Spring Chicken", and it was something to find 6 Easter themed items, and return to him, and he gives you a vanity. You may be asking, where do I use my platinum?

There were items in the store that required you to buy something, but that was optional. It was only a Easter bunny ears that you buy, and when people wave at you, you get a smaller one. A bit like the new update for PL, 2nd Birthday!
If you have any questions, feel free to message me, and I will answer your questions!

This link (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?53805-Platinum-for-Easter-Event)is for the full thread :)

Appleisaac
03-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Global warming is very much real. Please do your own research into this and dont take the media's word for it (i appologize that came off as rude- didnt mean to its just something i feel strongly about)

Climatologists know for a fact that our planet does cycle through warm/cold phases every 5000 years or so, we know this, among other reasons, because of looking at ice core samples in the arctic.

Unfortunately, we are supposed to be cooling off right now, not heating up.

Oh, and spring has definetly not sprung in the pacific northwest =P
Maybe we aren't supposed to be cooling down :-/. Maybe there is something more then just a 500 yr change. I did do some research in my own about the topic, and I'm not one of those people who just go along with what the media says ^_^.

P.S. sorry about making this very offtopic XD I can't wait for the easter event! This is gonna be awesome! ;)

Swimmingstar
03-31-2012, 06:05 PM
same here. From what I heard, you can wave at people to get little bunny ears, have a scavenger hunt for Easter related items, farm tradable bunny ear vanities

And in the end get white bunny ears with special powers!

gotrocks420
04-01-2012, 04:15 AM
Maybe we aren't supposed to be cooling down :-/. Maybe there is something more then just a 500 yr change. I did do some research in my own about the topic, and I'm not one of those people who just go along with what the media says ^_^.

P.S. sorry about making this very offtopic XD I can't wait for the easter event! This is gonna be awesome! ;)
:eagerness:

I think we can all agree that we cant wait for spring!! :)

RaptorBlitz
04-01-2012, 05:24 AM
Why you so season-ist to us Aussies! :0 AUTUMN IS MY FAV SEASON :D And this year I am collecting ALL teh bunny ears, only got a few last year :)

OvigorothO
04-01-2012, 11:30 AM
You believe that stuff? O.o Humans have not been recording weather long enough to know if this is abnormal. My guess is that the earth follows some sort of temperature cycle, and every "so many years" it reaches a spot where temperatures are significantly higher. Yes, we may lose 4 or 5 polar bears, but in the long run who cares? XD

P.S. sorry about this post. I felt like argueing.

lmao the reason the seasons get pushed back is because our Calender isn't perfect. there's about a quarter of a day left over at the end of each year that we don't count. Y do u think we have leap year?

RaptorBlitz
04-01-2012, 05:08 PM
We had a leap year this very year, so it would have diffused the leftover time, if you get what I mean. A quarter of a day isn't very long at all too; it doesn't explain the unusual weather patterns which have happened recently (eg: Necroreaper mentioned the mild winter, which spans for the whole of three months).

Me? Honestly, I'm an advocate of the global warming theory. Just far too many facts to back it up. As gotrocks420 said, the Earth does go through some hot periods, but we are indeed supposed to be cooling down right now, not heating up. The media just wants to manipulate you, so that they and all other businesses can continue to pump toxic fumes and carbon dioxide into the air.

Rawrimafish
04-01-2012, 05:31 PM
to me... summer is here(weather)

Rawrimafish
04-01-2012, 05:32 PM
yay #21 post on this thread and 500 posts