PDA

View Full Version : Trade chat

LugiaBeatU
11-09-2020, 05:39 AM
It would be possible to have a new tab for trades which is visible everywhere so we could advertise the things we sell while we are in the guild hall or in the house etc.
I think it would be a better option than spending the whole day afk at Paradise Pier or Expedition Camp or searching the forum so we could find a buyer more quickly or find the item we are looking for.

Here I have an idea of ​​how to make it effective:

* That must be unlocked such as Trade Permit

* That has a value of 50-70 Story Tokens to unlock it

* That you can write every 10-15 seconds so we avoid flood

Ty for reading i would like this idea come to life

ninjahere
11-09-2020, 06:41 AM
+

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Tiger Mike
11-09-2020, 08:57 AM
Yes +1 make it happen devs

xsilentninjax
11-09-2020, 08:59 AM
auction: "am i a joke to you"

LugiaBeatU
11-09-2020, 09:18 AM
auction: "am i a joke to you"

Auction always existed and some still prefer paradise and expedition
And some people dont like to pay 1.250.000 comission to list a 25million item and other guy list the same item for 24.999.999

xsilentninjax
11-10-2020, 06:24 AM
Auction always existed and some still prefer paradise and expedition
And some people dont like to pay 1.250.000 comission to list a 25million item and other guy list the same item for 24.999.999

your "new tab" idea holds no guarantee whether it will make people prefer more compared to paradise and expedition.
The trade searching feature that you've brought up is a copy of the auction itself. The commission is a fair way of discerning taxes on the public feature.

In regards to the "underselling" scenario that has been brought up, it is actually very common and logical because it is a public market, hence having competition present can't be seen under a bad light due to the fact that you're to greedy to abide the cost opportunity that is present in the business feature itself.

ninjahere
11-10-2020, 08:48 AM
+ for auction listing chat

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

ArcaneViking
11-10-2020, 09:47 AM
+ this is smart

neocolors
11-10-2020, 10:29 AM
It will be better if shout could sees in whole map

Encryptions
11-10-2020, 10:07 PM
They add an option to resist spam flood then I will remove 750 people from my ignore.

Analytical
11-10-2020, 11:42 PM
your "new tab" idea holds no guarantee whether it will make people prefer more compared to paradise and expedition.
The trade searching feature that you've brought up is a copy of the auction itself. The commission is a fair way of discerning taxes on the public feature.

In regards to the "underselling" scenario that has been brought up, it is actually very common and logical because it is a public market, hence having competition present can't be seen under a bad light due to the fact that you're to greedy to abide the cost opportunity that is present in the business feature itself.

+1 Agreed with the OP suggestion.

I don't see your logic other than the "need" to pay tax when one is doing business. Tho valid reasoning, I don't feel it is relevant to the discussion.

The OP suggested an upgrade of the already existing feature of off-auction selling. (Just like the one we have in forum chat which is universal to everyone online on forum although not many people see it or utilize this feature enough for trading)

You can think of the suggestion as a time-saving feature where instead of having to go to different cities to shout your items or look for sellers, you have a "system chat" or "cities chat" where everyone in a city/running a map/pvp can see. To reduce abuse and increase workability of this idea, Dev can even restrict this feature to those only staying in cities meaning if you are running a map/pvp you wont be able to use this chat.

The difference in system is analogical to an advertisement you see on Facebook(Trade chat: interrupting what people are doing atm) versus the Google search/YouTube search/Amazon search(Auction: people are already shopping or searching for something)

Auction is able to reach all players in AL online/offline within the 3 days of max listing.
While the suggested trade chat is only viewable to everyone that's currently online at that moment.

The two systems do not contradict each other nor are they redundant to one another.

xsilentninjax
11-11-2020, 08:15 AM
+1 Agreed with the OP suggestion.

I don't see your logic other than the "need" to pay tax when one is doing business. Tho valid reasoning, I don't feel it is relevant to the discussion.

The OP suggested an upgrade of the already existing feature of off-auction selling. (Just like the one we have in forum chat which is universal to everyone online on forum although not many people see it or utilize this feature enough for trading)

You can think of the suggestion as a time-saving feature where instead of having to go to different cities to shout your items or look for sellers, you have a "system chat" or "cities chat" where everyone in a city/running a map/pvp can see. To reduce abuse and increase workability of this idea, Dev can even restrict this feature to those only staying in cities meaning if you are running a map/pvp you wont be able to use this chat.

The difference in system is analogical to an advertisement you see on Facebook(Trade chat: interrupting what people are doing atm) versus the Google search/YouTube search/Amazon search(Auction: people are already shopping or searching for something)

Auction is able to reach all players in AL online/offline within the 3 days of max listing.
While the suggested trade chat is only viewable to everyone that's currently online at that moment.

The two systems do not contradict each other nor are they redundant to one another.

"The OP suggested an upgrade of the already existing feature of off-auction selling. (Just like the one we have in forum chat which is universal to everyone online on forum although not many people see it or utilize this feature enough for trading)

You can think of the suggestion as a time-saving feature where instead of having to go to different cities to shout your items or look for sellers, you have a "system chat" or "cities chat" where everyone in a city/running a map/pvp can see. To reduce abuse and increase workability of this idea, Dev can even restrict this feature to those only staying in cities meaning if you are running a map/pvp you wont be able to use this chat."

Although it does seem likely that it'll increase competition then the post-impact after this feature is implemented would create a ghost town or simply put, the populated cities will be heavily reduced in regards to the amount of players that'll be staying in cities to trade, negotiate, etc. Yes, it does have its pros and cons and I heavily liked the workability idea, since dungeon/pvp runs are specific for players that needs a minimum amount of action.

I don't see why devs have to go out of their way to create another feature of trade only for the convenience of a specified amount of people. And even if it was to be implemented, what off the people that have listed their items on the auction itself? since the feature discussed can only be seen / available to the amount of people that are currently online which then kills the competition that is available on auction.

Analytical
11-12-2020, 08:42 AM
"The OP suggested an upgrade of the already existing feature of off-auction selling. (Just like the one we have in forum chat which is universal to everyone online on forum although not many people see it or utilize this feature enough for trading)

You can think of the suggestion as a time-saving feature where instead of having to go to different cities to shout your items or look for sellers, you have a "system chat" or "cities chat" where everyone in a city/running a map/pvp can see. To reduce abuse and increase workability of this idea, Dev can even restrict this feature to those only staying in cities meaning if you are running a map/pvp you wont be able to use this chat."

Although it does seem likely that it'll increase competition then the post-impact after this feature is implemented would create a ghost town or simply put, the populated cities will be heavily reduced in regards to the amount of players that'll be staying in cities to trade, negotiate, etc. Yes, it does have its pros and cons and I heavily liked the workability idea, since dungeon/pvp runs are specific for players that needs a minimum amount of action.

I don't see why devs have to go out of their way to create another feature of trade only for the convenience of a specified amount of people. And even if it was to be implemented, what off the people that have listed their items on the auction itself? since the feature discussed can only be seen / available to the amount of people that are currently online which then kills the competition that is available on auction.

Bro, even without the op suggestion, the competition you are concerned with already exists within the current systems in AL. Most people tend to avoid auction tax by selling in cities. Regardless of whether the universal trade chat is implemented, people who wanna save a few bucks will still opt for this choice.

Of course on the other hand people who have no time to sell in cities (like myself) would still prefer to list in auction even if the universal trade chat option is added. The OP suggestion only made the existing system more effective.

Your discussions seem to be surrounding with an existing problem of competition even prior to the suggestion.