PDA

View Full Version : Want your characters to be forever immortalised in a fantasy epic RIGHT NOW??

gotrocks420
03-31-2012, 10:25 AM
Interested in seeing your Pocket Legends character be brought to life? Want to See him tear mauraders to shreds, put a bullet in an undead skull, or see her dominate a battlefield with her spectacular spells? Or maybe you just feel like a good old fashioned epic, where your character can be forever remembered as more than just some pixels in a game.

Right now I am accepting commissions to write a short story about your pocket legends character and putting it up in the Stories section of the forums for all to see! These will be done on a first come, first serve basis, and once I'm full I won't accept anymore. The first person to post here will get a free story at 1000 words.

The story will be written around your specifications, and you may request up to two rewrites (minor edits do not count as rewrites). My goal is to not only write something that you think is awesome, but also conforms to my high standards ot storytelling i set for myself. I want to write some truly awesome fan fiction for PL, high quality fantasy stories for a high quality fantasy RPG. If you really want to contribute to PL, you can go above and beyond and actually request a piece of Alterra to be written instead of a story about your character! There doesnt seem to be a ton of detail to the backstory of the world we all play in and enjoy, and YOU could help shape that story! Non-canon, of course, unless approved by the devs to be considered canon.

You and I will meet to discuss the details of your story. Provide as many as you'd like! Be as epic or as silly as you desire. This is YOUR story, and I will write it the way you want. Then once its posted, link to it in your signature using something like, "The story of gotstorms and how he came to be master of the elements!" so that everyone can read your amazing story about how awesome you are (or if you decide to have details of Alterras history written, your story contributing to an important part of any rpg - its story!)

My base fee is 25k every 1000 words. Pricing is subject to change, but will never be lower than that, and will always be discussed with the buyer beforehand. I think its a very small price to pay for greatness. The story will not be posted in the story section until after we both agree its finished. I'd like to note here that you will *NOT* be paying me up front, I will agree to wait until the story is posted before getting paid. Because of this, im putting you all on the honor system (which i hope i dont regret). I am going to be putting a lot of time and effort into writing these stories. I could easily farm over 25k in an hour, and these stories will take many hours to complete. But I want to give back to the community in my own unique, special way. So please, dont skip out on the bill. There isnt much i can do if you decide not to pay, but please remember how much time and effort went into your story.

Please note '1000 words' is up to 1000 words. If the story meets all your specifications and we are both happy at 850, theres no need to add another 100+

I will be using this thread to take orders, post updates, and use as a reciept of post/payment. So check this thread often to see what the next story will be!

For a sample of my work, go to this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?53210-The-Sacrifice-A-short-story-by-gotrocks)

Also, heres another quick example i wrote for a MUD i used to play. The admins decided to use this as their theMUDconnector.com description. A MUD is like an mmorpg, but its all text based.

The flicker of steel came fast. Too fast. The figure in front of him moved with inhuman grace and speed, and each blow would have been mortal had it struck. The whirring of his opponents blades was a blur in front of him, and each of his parries came a little slower than the last. I can't keep this up, he thought. He was tiring, and yet his attacker was only getting faster, stronger. Another blinding slash was parried, but then an offhand thrust pierced clean through his knee and brought him down. He threw a slash aimed at the head, but the man in front of him leaned away with impossible speed, before launching a devastating cut with his other sword that took off his arm at the elbow. A boot flew into his chest, knocking him down and wrenching the sword free from his knee. In the night sky he could see the moon casting its glow, and the smell of his own blood made him gag. he was mortally wounded, and spraying blood everywhere. 'Do it!' He spat at the man. No, not a man. This was an immortal. A vampire. And he had failed to destroy the undead abomination.

"'Do it?'" He said, his voice dripping in irony. 'I bring you a sweet gift - death - though not the kind you ask for.' The vampire grabbed his hair and wrenched him to his knees, and before he could even breathe sunk his fangs deep into his neck. 'We are family now, childe. We have a long journey ahead - now REST!' The last word rung in his head like a thousand church bells, and his world faded to darkness.

'Welcome to the Vampire Wars, childe.'

There are a couple inside 'jokes' in this story - its a PK (player kill) mud, and when you get beat down and sent to -10 hp you see the line 'You are mortally wounded, and spraying blood everywhere'. Also, the part where he says 'REST' is a reference to an ingame skill called dominate that allows you to make another player do as you command (a favorite of mine that helped me reach the pinnacle of that mud).

One last thing, i make no promises on turnaround times for these stories. I will do them as quickly as possible and in general you can expect each story to take about a week or less, but please dont freak out and decide not to pay if it takes longer. Great writing takes time!

So that's it, lets get to it and start cranking out some stories together! I look forward to working with many of you!!

I dont know how long I'll be doing this for, so make sure to get your request posted as soon as possible! Use this format in this thread:

IGN
Best way to contact you
Best time to contact you
Story about your character, or an event in Alterras history (how balefort castle was taken by the mad king, for example), just put 'character' or 'alterra' on this line.
VERY brief synopsis of what you want written (If youre not sure, just put TBD -To be decided - on this line and we will sit down and figure it out)
Estimation of how many words you want written (keep in mind the Ursan warrior short story was 500 words)

Play on!

Zamu
03-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Sounds really cool! I would like to request a story for a little fun? Would you like to meet me in-game so you can see my appearance?

IGN: Zamu

Best way to contact you: In-game via message.

Best time to contact you: Im from UK, so over the next 6 hours :)

Story about your character, or an event in Alterras history (how balefort castle was taken by the mad king, for example), just put 'character' or 'alterra' on this line: Zamu being seen as an antagonist, but goes through some form of hellish events to prove himself worthy of respect and honour. ( And my face scaring people :P )

VERY brief synopsis of what you want written (If youre not sure, just put TBD -To be decided - on this line and we will sit down and figure it out): TBD

Estimation of how many words you want written: As much as you want.

gotrocks420
03-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Thanks for volunteering to be the first, zamu! I hope this will help convince others this is well worth their money. Id like to take this opportunity to state the obvious and point out that this is not a way for me to make money (there are much better ways to do that). What i really want is to give back to the pl community, and since i dont have awesome artistic skills like many of you do to draw signature banners or design new eq, im doin it the only way i know how!

Zamu, ive sent you a friend request in game, i look forward to speaking with you today! Ill be on as much as possible!

Your first 1000 words are free! But it will probably take at least 2-3k words to do what youve described, but we will discuss it more in game!

Mastericeland
03-31-2012, 03:21 PM
You can count me in

Mastericeland
03-31-2012, 03:26 PM
You sjould put,three main charecters a mage,a warrior,and a archer wich go into there secret dungeons and at the end is where the war begins the the good side against the evil side in mount fang

gotrocks420
03-31-2012, 03:32 PM
You sjould put,three main charecters a mage,a warrior,and a archer wich go into there secret dungeons and at the end is where the war begins the the good side against the evil side in mount fang

Do me a huge favor and use the 'request a story' form at the end of the original post :) that way i can get your in game name, the best time to reach you, and an idea on how many words youd like so i can get you a price quote :) post those things on here so i can contact you and get everything worked out!

Mastericeland
03-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Best way to contact you: contact me by gmail playon02555@gmail.com
Best.time to contact you:,at 5pm and in weekends 8am till 11pm Im from united states texas

Mastericeland
03-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Ohh and quote: this is it the final batle of Alterra we will fight to the end we arent do this for us but for are grandchildren wont live in a place of fear but of joyfulness,ataaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Mastericeland
03-31-2012, 04:04 PM
And my pocket legends charecter name is mastericeland and about 700words or soo, you tell me if lower

gotrocks420
03-31-2012, 04:22 PM
Masterrice, the story synopsis you gave will likely take upwards of 2-3k words to write. Unless you want the story to be total crap, which i refuse to do. Youre looking at a minimum of 2k words to describe the characters going through these caves, and at least 1k for the battle, probably more.

If you'd just like a story about the battle, i could squeeze that into a thousand words; but im not sure either of us would he happy with it. If money is an issue we could try to work something out. I will send you an email a little later.

Edit: basicay if i wrote a 700 word story on thatit would be garbage and look something like this: three brave souls went into a dungeon one had a rifle the other a sword and shield and the other wielded only magic. They fought long and hard and eventually made it to a second dungeon where they faced many hardships, and finally they reached the last dungeon where they fought even more evil things until finallt they made it to the bottom of mt fang where they found a huge battle going on. They hacked and slashed their way to the evil commander and cut him down. Afterwards the mighty ursan warrior looked around and surveyed the carnage which made him say, 'asmell that? Smells like...... Victory'.

To me that falls somewhere in between elementary school writing project and middle school teenage girls writing diary. So not very good at all. Thats not a story, and not something id be very proud of. In any case, ill send you an email soon!

Conradin
03-31-2012, 05:08 PM
Ill gladly help sponser you. Maybe sometime ill want a story too.

gotrocks420
04-01-2012, 04:22 AM
Ill gladly help sponser you. Maybe sometime ill want a story too.

:eagerness:
Thank you very much!
Im just a tiny bit confused though lol, what do you mean by sponsor....?
Whatever it means, it sounds like a big thumbs up, thank you for the vote of confidence!!!

Zamu
04-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks for volunteering to be the first, zamu! I hope this will help convince others this is well worth their money. Id like to take this opportunity to state the obvious and point out that this is not a way for me to make money (there are much better ways to do that). What i really want is to give back to the pl community, and since i dont have awesome artistic skills like many of you do to draw signature banners or design new eq, im doin it the only way i know how!

Zamu, ive sent you a friend request in game, i look forward to speaking with you today! Ill be on as much as possible!

Your first 1000 words are free! But it will probably take at least 2-3k words to do what youve described, but we will discuss it more in game!

Due to my horrible habit of deleting requests as i get them, i naturally deleted your requests because i had no idea where they came from! I'll remember 'Gotrocks' now so send me another and i'll be on for a lot of today :)

gotrocks420
04-04-2012, 04:53 AM
Due to my horrible habit of deleting requests as i get them, i naturally deleted your requests because i had no idea where they came from! I'll remember 'Gotrocks' now so send me another and i'll be on for a lot of today :)

My appologies for taking so long to get back to u zamu! Been very busy! Sending a new request tonight tho, and hopefully we can get together in.the near future!

Conradin, im.still confused as to what you meant, my appologies for not understanding. It sounds like youd like me to write a story alterra. Send mea pm or catch me in game or post here to clarify! My ign's are below!

Zerious
04-04-2012, 02:38 PM
this is probably the most creative way to make money in PL :) also one of the most respectable ways. I admire an artist's method to make something more out of the game rather than just merching or sig pics. +1 to you :eagerness: