PDA

View Full Version : Do Ouija board real?

Elysony
03-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Okay I'm a Christian and live for God and would NEVER touch it or mess with it but I just learned about them and have asked a few people and they all say it really does let spirits come because you invite them. Even my grandmother told me about something that happend when she was a kid as I said I would never mess with one. No offense meant by this thread.

Swampy
03-31-2012, 07:47 PM
I tried the board once. Its a total fake. You can tell there are no spirits because people move it on purpose.

saool
03-31-2012, 07:51 PM
TBH it's fun lol it's a good board "game" I have played it a few times never with any dire consequences

Xionskull
03-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Man guys, you have no idea.

Elysony
03-31-2012, 08:12 PM
TBH it's fun lol it's a good board "game" I have played it a few times never with any dire consequences

Paar
03-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Ely Im with you. I have heard stories and Yada Yada but Idk...

Elysony
03-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Are you Christian?

Paar
03-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Are you Christian?

Yupz (:

Edit: But In the ToS Religion is not to be talked about on the forums. But Yes I am!

Elysony
03-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Yupz (:

Edit: But In the ToS Religion is not to be talked about on the forums. But Yes I am!

Oh, crap sorry!

StompArtist
03-31-2012, 09:01 PM
If you play it seriously it will seem real because your subcouncious does the work (gentle nudges on the thing you do not really notice) and it makes it look even more real because nothing in this world can freak you out more than all the repressed stuff in the recess of your mind ;)

StompArtist
03-31-2012, 09:04 PM
If you play it seriously it will seem real because your subcouncious does the work (gentle nudges on the thing you do not really notice) and it makes it look even more real because nothing in this world can freak you out more than all the repressed stuff in the recess of your mind ;)

Also if spirit do exist I guarantee you that they have not cut a deal with hasbro to have their underworld phone sold at toysrus for 19.99$

Kaytar
03-31-2012, 09:36 PM

Also if spirit do exist I guarantee you that they have not cut a deal with hasbro to have their underworld phone sold at toysrus for 19.99$omg I saw them at toys r us too! Why sell a ouiji board at a children's toy store? The world will never know

Walkhardd
03-31-2012, 09:38 PM
What stomp said. Its all in your mind folks.

Elysony
03-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Hmmm...

javier995
03-31-2012, 10:42 PM
Well, its usually all in your mind.

There are some cases where it can work, and consequences result from that but then there's times nothing happens.

In my mind, the more bad things you do (I guess) the more vulnerable you are to these things.

Charmstrange
03-31-2012, 10:46 PM
idk about myths like the ouija board, christianity, and the flying spaghetti monster, I only believe in the supremacy of the galactic overlord. C'mon guys, let's bring the discussion back to PL please.

Swimmingstar
03-31-2012, 11:07 PM
After reading about the board and stories about it, I'm kinda scared. Please don't post about things like these, and if you do, post it in off-topic.

P.S. Why is this in general section?

Cahaun
03-31-2012, 11:27 PM
After reading about the board and stories about it, I'm kinda scared. Please don't post about things like these, and if you do, post it in off-topic.

P.S. Why is this in general section?
Simple mistake to some. I posted a guide in a guild section once.

Arterra
03-31-2012, 11:43 PM
I have to say, the yahoo-answers-esqe feel of this entire thread is making me pound my head into a wall.

I will not take a stance against your belief in the existence of talking spirits per say, but I will point out that attempts to apply scientific experimentation to it, or try to reproduce anyone's claims to have done so, continually relegate the supernatural to the impossible, or at least misunderstood and confused with other real world artifacts.

Dartagnian
03-31-2012, 11:52 PM
It's actually an Oyster communication device. They say bring back the class to pl.

Paar
04-01-2012, 12:05 AM
I have to say, the yahoo-answers-esqe feel of this entire thread is making me pound my head into a wall.

I will not take a stance against your belief in the existence of talking spirits per say, but I will point out that attempts to apply scientific experimentation to it, or try to reproduce anyone's claims to have done so, continually relegate the supernatural to the impossible, or at least misunderstood and confused with other real world artifacts.

What they said.

Appleisaac
04-01-2012, 07:37 AM
:-/ eeeewwwwwww... I'm afraid of all that satanic stuff... :( I wouldn't get anywhere near one, besides ^_^ if your a Christian, God tells us to stay away from that stuff anyway ;)

ArtStar
04-01-2012, 09:20 AM
You should try it, you might like it :vwink:
Invite some spirits and see what happens.

gotrocks420
04-01-2012, 11:01 AM
I hate to say it but ouija boards merely work off people subconcious. If one or two people are 'into' ouija boards the thing will move, because they are moving it without jnowing. Theres no more 'magic' in your ouija board than there is in a toaster. Its not something to be afraid (dont be silly - this game is mass produced ina factory by.*hasbro*. Probably in the same factory as monopoly) of, unless youre really afraid of cheaply made mass produced goods (many of us are. At least back in.the day theywere still made by hand there was at least a CHANCE there was a necromancer sprinjling g.prave dust and casting speak with dead on each board a la d&d. Now youd be lucky if they have a robot called Inecro doing the casting. In short; there are no evil spirits in your ouija board. Unless its 300 years old and you can actually hear whispers coming from the box when u take it outta the closet

KTpantyhose
04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I think you meant to put in the subject line,"Do Ouija Boards really work?" haha.

Artentreri
04-02-2012, 11:52 PM
The worst night of my life was the night I decided to make one of these. There is no sarcasm or humor in this post, it was the absolute most horrifying experience of my life. You can make fun of me, on here or in real life to your buddies, that's fine. I'm just saying this from personal experience, I will never be near another one of those things ever again.

Elysony
04-03-2012, 12:19 AM
You should try it, you might like it :vwink:
Invite some spirits and see what happens.

*Facepalm x10*

Elysony
04-03-2012, 12:21 AM
The worst night of my life was the night I decided to make one of these. There is no sarcasm or humor in this post, it was the absolute most horrifying experience of my life. You can make fun of me, on here or in real life to your buddies, that's fine. I'm just saying this from personal experience, I will never be near another one of those things ever again.
Okay, thanks for the advice sorry about your experience how old were you.
~Elysony~

Artentreri
04-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Okay, thanks for the advice sorry about your experience how old were you.
~Elysony~

No worries, it was my own stupidity. I was 17.

StompArtist
04-03-2012, 08:10 AM
You folks are all aware that these boards DO NOT work if you play them blindfolded right?

Carth
04-03-2012, 08:28 AM
You folks are all aware that these boards DO NOT work.

Corrected. :P

NOTE: If anyone believes that these "toys" are scary and have magical powers, then that's fine. It's your own belief. :)

Deathpunch
04-08-2012, 12:25 AM
You folks are all aware that these boards DO NOT work if you play them blindfolded right?

How do you know?! You're blindfolded!

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

saool
04-08-2012, 01:07 AM
I'm thinking of going out to toys'r'us to buy one again lol

n00b13st
04-08-2012, 05:17 AM
:-/ eeeewwwwwww... I'm afraid of all that satanic stuff... :( I wouldn't get anywhere near one, besides ^_^ if your a Christian, God tells us to stay away from that stuff anyway ;)

OMFG. I have broad spiritual beliefs that include aspects of Christianity and other places - calling an Ouija board satanic is OFFENSIVE. Back off or I'll tell you my thoughts (without consideration of your beliefs and positions) about the various religions, morality, ethics and society in general.

n00b13st
04-08-2012, 05:28 AM
I hate to say it but ouija boards merely work off people subconcious. If one or two people are 'into' ouija boards the thing will move, because they are moving it without jnowing. Theres no more 'magic' in your ouija board than there is in a toaster. Its not something to be afraid (dont be silly - this game is mass produced ina factory by.*hasbro*. Probably in the same factory as monopoly) of, unless youre really afraid of cheaply made mass produced goods (many of us are. At least back in.the day theywere still made by hand there was at least a CHANCE there was a necromancer sprinjling g.prave dust and casting speak with dead on each board a la d&d. Now youd be lucky if they have a robot called Inecro doing the casting. In short; there are no evil spirits in your ouija board. Unless its 300 years old and you can actually hear whispers coming from the box when u take it outta the closet

I'm sorry your post isn't more um carefully written. I agree with much of what you said. My only quibble would be - since we know basically nothing about the universe (the more we learn, the more we realize we don't know) it is shortsighted to make conclusions. We don't yet know exactly what happens when we focus our attention and intention on something - keep an open mind. That's how we found pretty much everything we now know.

Deathpunch
04-08-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm sorry your post isn't more um carefully written. I agree with much of what you said. My only quibble would be - since we know basically nothing about the universe (the more we learn, the more we realize we don't know) it is shortsighted to make conclusions. We don't yet know exactly what happens when we focus our attention and intention on something - keep an open mind. That's how we found pretty much everything we now know.

Or our laziness and inattention in the case of penicillin and vulcanized rubber. Accidents and unintended effects have probably discovered just as much as effort and skill.

OMFG. I have broad spiritual beliefs that include aspects of Christianity and other places - calling an Ouija board satanic is OFFENSIVE. Back off or I'll tell you my thoughts (without consideration of your beliefs and positions) about the various religions, morality, ethics and society in general.

And this is why we don't discuss religion here. Someone says something uninformed, ignorant, or just downright stupid and someone else gets butthurt. Mods, close this before it gets ridiculous.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Artentreri
04-08-2012, 10:53 AM
How could a thread with posts about opposing opinions on what god wants us to do, or don't wants us to do, get offensive?
...:p Should probably get closed right about, meow.

n00b13st
04-08-2012, 03:16 PM
How could a thread with posts about opposing opinions on what god wants us to do, or don't wants us to do, get offensive?
...:p Should probably get closed right about, meow.

I'm hoping that's a joke or sarcasm - how can it not be offensive if one religious perspective, say Mithraism for example, says some practice of another religious perspective, say the practice of Mass by Catholics, is satanic? Just an arbitrary example intentionally not calling on any of the actual examples in this thread.

I do agree though - better to not ever bring up religion or politics in a game forum.

Or our laziness and inattention in the case of penicillin and vulcanized rubber. Accidents and unintended effects have probably discovered just as much as effort and skill.

And this is why we don't discuss religion here. Someone says something uninformed, ignorant, or just downright stupid and someone else gets butthurt. Mods, close this before it gets ridiculous.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

"butthurt", lol - I hadn't noticed any butt pain. :vD:

Ark
04-08-2012, 03:56 PM
I think its fake, people just move it just to scare others. I tried it, it was lame..

Deathpunch
04-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm hoping that's a joke or sarcasm - how can it not be offensive if one religious perspective, say Mithraism for example, says some practice of another religious perspective, say the practice of Mass by Catholics, is satanic? Just an arbitrary example intentionally not calling on any of the actual examples in this thread.

I do agree though - better to not ever bring up religion or politics in a game forum.

"butthurt", lol - I hadn't noticed any butt pain. :vD:

Oh? The tone of the previous post I quoted would suggest otherwise.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Artentreri
04-09-2012, 12:01 AM

Really..?
I've never been more serious in my entire life. :angel:

Samhayne
04-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Fun discussion, but let's leave religion (and the supernatural) for other forums, ok? Thanks!