PDA

View Full Version : Chat prevents movement

flashbackflip
04-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Hello, devs!

First of all - thanx for the last update - the feature of being unable to shoot or use skills when knocked is just great!

But this update brought down a very useful feature: when chat is tapped and opened while running, the joystick becomes irresponsive and my toon stops...

In previous builds of the app i could chat while running (using joystick) from mob to mob without interruption and i was very grateful for this..

When the chat was opened before it overlayed the joystick the same way, but it did not interfere with the movement control (apart from toon's dashing in the directions of the letters hit)

Please, fix it

Thank you

EDIT: i'm on iPad1

Mitchturbo
04-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Hello, devs!

First of all - thanx for the last update - the feature of being unable to shoot or use skills when knocked is just great

Thank you

I'm sorry Flip, but as an Engineer player, I have to sincerely disagree here. My skills on the battle field have severely been affected with the knock back bug. It's not just effected it in PvP which I enjoy (even though I've always struggled as an Engineer to overcome anything other than an Engineer)
But as I manly pve I have noticed even weak Monsters in Delta can stop me being as effective to team mates. I get one bite from a big bug and I find I'm unable to revive anyone or heal anyone for at least a second or more delay.
It may of become an advantage to Ops especially in pvp... But I needed to let you know how unfair it has made us non-op player's.
Sorry for going off topic.

ArtStar
04-01-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm sorry Flip, but as an Engineer player, I have to sincerely disagree here. My skills on the battle field have severely been affected with the knock back bug. It's not just effected it in PvP which I enjoy (even though I've always struggled as an Engineer to overcome anything other than an Engineer)
But as I manly pve I have noticed even weak Monsters in Delta can stop me being as effective to team mates. I get one bite from a big bug and I find I'm unable to revive anyone or heal anyone for at least a second or more delay.
It may of become an advantage to Ops especially in pvp... But I needed to let you know how unfair it has made us non-op player's.
Sorry for going off topic.

You are missing the point of the knock down.
Commando stomp is suppose to knock you down and stun you, singularity too.
As should our Pain stun people, or surpression, but I dont think they work right.

Mitchturbo
04-01-2012, 10:01 AM
As should our Pain stun people, or surpression, but I dont think they work right.

Hmm I agree, You do make a good point. Yes it would be much fairer if Pain and Supression would work that way too.

Anyhow ill have a look at the chat and run thing and see if it affects me too.

Defyduck
04-01-2012, 10:21 AM

Exactly,engi stun breaks due to hit or whatever it does not last long.And also engi don't have crit boost,they don't have armor boost like com nor dps boost like ops,no mana regen and if someone think engi's mana last long then they should know that engi skills have very high cool down time for almost all skills.This is disappointing that every time engi has to move back for the fight,why cant engi fight by straight going after the opponent?

Mitchturbo
04-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Flip I played with the Chat box, it seems fine untill I type which the keyboard apears over the bottom screen, hence over the annologue stick anyway.
But that is on both my HTC products...
(i can run and browse chat at the same time just fine)

What are you using? An iPad? Android?

Rawrimafish
04-01-2012, 12:34 PM
I USED to love walking and chatting and new people asking how i walk and talk lol

flashbackflip
04-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Flip I played with the Chat box, it seems fine untill I type which the keyboard apears over the bottom screen, hence over the annologue stick anyway.
But that is on both my HTC products...
(i can run and browse chat at the same time just fine)

What are you using? An iPad? Android?

Thanx for reminding me to specify my device, Mitch! I'm on iPad1

You are right - when you tap the chat it overlays joystick (a little bit) anyway, but previously it did not affect the ability to move my toon, though while typing he began do dash in the directions of the keyboard letters' placement..

flashbackflip
04-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I USED to love walking and chatting and new people asking how i walk and talk lol

You mean u have this problem too? What device r u on bud?

flashbackflip
04-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Also i'm very sad for all you guys who are engineers! Seems like your class always gets buggy on skills...

I will treat you tenderly in game bros!

Rawrimafish
04-01-2012, 05:16 PM
You mean u have this problem too? What device r u on bud?

ios

Mitchturbo
04-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Also i'm very sad for all you guys who are engineers! Seems like your class always gets buggy on skills...

I will treat you tenderly in game bros!

Hahaha LOL it's really no problem but thx bro!

Delphina
04-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Thank you for taking the time to post this thread. I'll make sure to include this in my report.