PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Scam incidents :)

Shhh its No Pain
04-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Hello all! :) I just want to know what was one of the funniest scam incidents you have ever had.

LwMark
04-02-2012, 01:48 PM
This is what i witnessed go down in CS:

A scammer was tryin to sell a l50 mage accnt .
Wel there were two people who knew he was scammin.
And they were both friends.
And so was i.
But he didnt know they were talkin.
So i think they one of them said give me your password for collateral
And the other said giv me your email.
And still the guy had no clue they were firend.
Well it ended up the scammers other accnt showed up and
The scammer was like
YOU SCAM!
Blah blah
By then there was a big crowd
And everyone reported everyone
I thought it was funny scammer got scammed
Idk if anythin ever happened to them
The end

Sryyoulose
04-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Funniest scam was when I said 500k for an item the guy put 50,000 Gold and I accepted I realized this and asked for refund he said No. And asked to trade again, he sold my set back to me for 250k... Oh well XD

Kaytar
04-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Hmm there are so many to choose from. I think the funniest scam is "crafting items! You supply the item and crafting items!"

Nick41324
04-02-2012, 03:33 PM
I was on a my AoA character and someone had the bright idea to try to scam me on him. I was wearing a L10 pink pepper at the time and the guy came up to me and said "GIVE IT BACK"! Ofc my response was "what?...". He said "If you dont give me my peppermint back im gunna tell my whole guild to report you for scamming me". Apparently this kiddy had never heard of screen shots before... xD (I still have the screen shots stored on my ipod) lolz

and who hasnt been a victim of the old "ill give it back in 10 minutes :)"

Pandamoni
04-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Its not really a scam but I always crack up when people ask if they can borrow my lvl 20 pink toy man wand, or if they offer me 50k for it. I often have it on a toon that no one knows and I've even had people I know who I KNOW know the value and do it. You'd think they could figure out that if someone has that wand, he or she aren't noob enough to loan it out or sell for so little.

Rare
04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
and who hasnt been a victim of the old "ill give it back in 10 minutes :)"

me!!! Me!!! Me!!!

Chickenrunnn
04-02-2012, 04:01 PM
It happened 2 hours ago...

I'm running into a town with my Orchish bow, in peace.. when i recieve a message from a lvl1 0kill/deah...

"I can craft your bow"
Me : "what? lol"
Him : "Yes! i can craft your bow!"

.... i"m rofling lol..

me : "really? :O How would u do?"
him : I've crafting material neccessary if you want to see.."
Me : "lemme think..."

(he waited 5 minutes.. Time to report lol)

5minutes later...

Me : hm.. Idk..
Him : Don't worry! you just have to lend me your bow! I'll craft it and it'll have better stats!"
Me : Really? and what is the crafted orshich bow name?
him : ... the same?
Me : sure... lemme think again..

3 minutes later

Me : I still don't know.. Btw can u multiply gold? I heard a few persons were able to do so...."
him : "...." .... "I can't..
Me : Ok..do u have a main
Him : "yes, [name]
Me : why r u playing on a lvl1 with 0kill/death then..?
Him : al my crafting material on this one
Me : well.. then show me ur crafting material, i wanna be sure u can craft it (xDD)
Him : ... hm .. No thnks..
Me : why? xD
Him : Idk.. U want to give me ur bow or not??
Me : well I'm still thinking....
him : Ok i'm bored..

LoL ! 20 min, 15 reports n the town xD Was sooo funny :D! I'm a scammer magnet lol :D cya all

Buubuuftw
04-02-2012, 04:17 PM
This morning a lvl 54 (no names) came up to me and saw I was in my full Glyph Set and said he can craft it for me. I asked him if I can see the crafting components and recipe but he said they werent tradeable. Then I asked him why there were crafting components in the cs. Apparently, they were SPECIAL materials that you get from Mathilda in Nuri's when you finish every single quest.

Not to mention the day before I was joined a forbidden crypt game on my lvl 23 and a lvl 43 and 51 said to pay 5k or I would get the boot. Then I told them you can't boot me here, because you cant host at this map. They started trash talking and calling me noob so I rejoined on my main and said "whos the noob now?" They left afterword. :D

Sryyoulose
04-02-2012, 05:04 PM
This morning a lvl 54 (no names) came up to me and saw I was in my full Glyph Set and said he can craft it for me. I asked him if I can see the crafting components and recipe but he said they werent tradeable. Then I asked him why there were crafting components in the cs. Apparently, they were SPECIAL materials that you get from Mathilda in Nuri's when you finish every single quest.

Not to mention the day before I was joined a forbidden crypt game on my lvl 23 and a lvl 43 and 51 said to pay 5k or I would get the boot. Then I told them you can't boot me here, because you cant host at this map. They started trash talking and calling me noob so I rejoined on my main and said "whos the noob now?" They left afterword. :D
Deliverance.

Inflammed
04-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Dying laughing on chicken's post lol!

gotrocks420
04-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Selling guild 250k!!

Ive never checked to see if thats actually a scam or not but it sure sounds like it!!

Shellkaz
04-02-2012, 06:59 PM
I thing the best scam that was tried on me was this:
I was doing some keeper runs on my main, and this kid with a lvl 40 something bear asks if he can play my character. I'm like, What?? He says give me your log-in info I really want to find out what it's like to be a high level character. I told him I dont give out my password to anyone, not even my son. (who plays pl with me). He kept pushing for my log in info and I told him that if he asked one more time I'd report him. He left.

The shocking thing was he shows up about a week later trying the same thing on me. I told him if he wanted a high level character, to get to work and start leveling. And if I found him pulling that stunt again, he would be reported.

Cahaun
04-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Selling guild 250k!!

Ive never checked to see if thats actually a scam or not but it sure sounds like it!!
It is :p

Cahaun
04-02-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm so good at pretending to be a noob, I froget all the scams people try on my low lvl alt :p

Lots involved trying to sell me terrible items at high prices ;)

Edit: I hate my spell checker

Buster
04-02-2012, 07:29 PM
This happened awhile ago
This dude was acting to be my long lost friend and offered to buy me 50 plat even tho he lost his job
See I haven't seen my friend in weeks but I thought I saw his alt so I asked him "are you XXX" he said yes so I asked him a few questions (which he reluctantly failed and tryed to refuse to awnser) at the end he knows he was beat so he just said "can I pls scam your account?" FAIL

Fyrce
04-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Please remember to report scammers. They might not have fooled you, but there are plenty of other fish in the sea for them to try to catch. I'd rather be wrong in reporting than think that someone else might get scammed because I failed to report.

Kiwihawk
04-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Never had a 'Funny Scam'

NECROREAPER
04-03-2012, 03:02 AM
Please remember to report scammers. They might not have fooled you, but there are plenty of other fish in the sea for them to try to catch. I'd rather be wrong in reporting than think that someone else might get scammed because I failed to report.

This. Excellent advice.

It's happened to dozens of people dozens of times, and each and every time the person who didn't report feels like they have a huge hole in their heart for being able to possibly have prevented a successful scam attempt.

The Flash
04-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Selling guild 250k!!

Not really a scam more of a do you trust the person since you cant trade guilds.