PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG Italia Interviews Cinco Barnes about Dark Legends

Samhayne
04-02-2012, 03:33 PM
8301 (http://www.mmorpgitalia.it/site/content.php?3660-Dark-Legends-Spacetime-Studios-Interview)

MMORPG Italia sits down in the shadows with Cinco Barnes, Chief Visionary Officer of Spacetime Studios and talks about the coming third Legends title, Dark Legends. Here is a clip:

MMORPGITALIA: Why did you choose to make a vampire game, and especially with a darker and more serious feeling?

Most of us have been fans of the Horror genre (games, books, films) for many years. We’ve always felt that it would be a lot of fun to create a game that revolved around ‘being a Vampire’ in a ‘world of Vampires.’ The idea of playing as a ‘vampire’ is very appealing to us because Vampires possess incredible power, ridiculous speed, and (most importantly) immortality!

We also wanted to take a departure from our previous titles. These games (medieval fantasy “Pocket Legends” and science-fiction “Star Legends”) exhibit a very cute and cuddly style. It’s a style that we find very appealing – but we wanted to go someplace brand new. A place that is serious and threatening, where shadows and darkness permeate every corner of the world… where monsters dare to tread!

Click here to read the full interview. (http://www.mmorpgitalia.it/site/content.php?3660-Dark-Legends-Spacetime-Studios-Interview)

Skeletonlord
04-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Wow, that article gave us most of the information we need for Dark Legends!

I was right about the 10 worlds thing, which I found late March (30-31st March).

Still no official release date yet. I think the "Legends" series so far should actually be a Facebook app as well, starting with Dark Legends, it would encourage and promote more people to the games.

Great interview Cinco, you gave us all we need for the moment.

Lowlyspy
04-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Still no official release date yet. I think the "Legends" series so far should actually be a Facebook app as well, starting with Dark Legends, it would encourage and promote more people to the games.

Absolutely not, no, nein, nyet, never ever forever never.

Nice read though.

*Zero*
04-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Playable state for months????? And still not a confirmed date to release:(.

Cahaun
04-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Playable state for months????? And still not a confirmed date to release:(.
*weeps in a corner*
Oh look a nickel...

Shellkaz
04-02-2012, 06:37 PM
::head desk:: thud. . . . . Ouch. Now that my moment of shock is over. Playable state for months? Thanks for the huge amount of info, but. . . . Release date?? Please? Yeah I know wishful thinking LOL.

Commanderkeen
04-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Awesome interview very helpfull.

*Zero*
04-02-2012, 08:02 PM
OMG, ink the deals already! :p
Hmm.... May 2012?

Ikr!

Popular
04-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Date plz -_-

Buster
04-03-2012, 03:53 PM
NOT COOL! Its been playable for months and still not released. Explanation please!

Samhayne
04-03-2012, 03:54 PM
NOT COOL! Its been playable for months and still not released. Explanation please!

We want to release a polished, bug free and fun game. Just because it was playable didn't mean it wasn't full of bugs and had balance problems.

Thanks in advance for your patience and your enthusiasm for the game. Hopefully, it will be worth the wait!

Ardon
04-03-2012, 04:03 PM
We want to release a polished, bug free and fun game. Just because it was playable didn't mean it wasn't full of bugs and had balance problems.

Thanks in advance for your patience and your enthusiasm for the game. Hopefully, it will be worth the wait!

So no beta?

Sent from my Gummy_DX

ArtStar
04-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Maybe they are nervous for release,
And wanna make sure it is perfect at OUR beta release.

Lolol, the developers can play with it all they want if thats the case.

octavos
04-03-2012, 05:37 PM

I believe Sam's post is very valid for one major reason...first impressions count.
if the person isn't impressed with the first attempt, then most likely the new player wont try the other spin-offs or maybe they will...its better if they dont take that chance :p

ArtStar
04-03-2012, 05:45 PM
I believe Sam's post is very valid for one major reason...first impressions count.
if the person isn't impressed with the first attempt, then most likely the new player wont try the other spin-offs or maybe they will...its better if they dont take that chance :p

Yep yep, and what they are trying to do with this game is pretty unheard of.
Won't be like WoW, or SL, or PL, or WoM, etc.
It will be like Dark Legends.
It is probably a lot easier to release games that have the same basic set up.
From everything we have seen, it should be different almost altogether.
So I can understand if they are "nervous," like I mentioned up there. ^

octavos
04-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Yep yep, and what they are trying to do with this game is pretty unheard of.
Won't be like WoW, or SL, or PL, or WoM, etc.
It will be like Dark Legends.
It is probably a lot easier to release games that have the same basic set up.
From everything we have seen, it should be different almost altogether.
So I can understand if they are "nervous," like I mentioned up there. ^

Every update is challenge, and now since its a whole new game its more then nerve racking.. it will win ppl or lose them. So my bets are placed to have the game succeed.
So, as a STS gamer and supporter. take your time, its us older folks that can wait....its the kids that im worried about...never thought to wait (mature rating yay!)...(hold on i see a thread coming up lol)

ArtStar
04-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Every update is challenge, and now since its a whole new game its more then nerve racking.. it will win ppl or lose them. So my bets are placed to have the game succeed.
So, as a STS gamer and supporter. take your time, its us older folks that can wait....its the kids that im worried about...never thought to wait...(hold on i see a thread coming up lol)

Yeeyeee! I bet you'd be right, it looks like it'll be a "cool new thing" IMO. So yeah the more I think about that, the less I mind waiting.
I did get impatient there for a little bit, But that is already weeks ago now. Getting impatient now is just funny.

n00b13st
04-03-2012, 07:44 PM
I see you all latched on to the same thing that got me - playable for months. Sam's response about that (playable but perhaps not yet perfect, to paraphrase) is very helpful, thank you again!

So the final conclusion I get from this is - keep your eyes peeled, it could be released ANY TIME. It could be lurking right around the next corner, waiting for you in the shadows. (And hope we don't all spontaneously have a FATAL BURST, either from waiting or when it actually does release.)

:vshock: Closest to a "crazy vampire" smiley I could find.

OvigorothO
04-03-2012, 07:54 PM
star legends was released at the same time as a PL event. since tommorow or the day after are the most likely release dates for it, Could a DL beta be coming along? also I would like to point out that almost all of the people anticipating the release aren't taking into count the exclusive 2 weeks on kindle

EDIT: it referring to Easter event

ArtStar
04-03-2012, 08:01 PM
also I would like to point out that almost all of the people anticipating the release aren't taking into count the exclusive 2 weeks on kindle

Oh I am counting on it, lol.
Once that is released, our wait will be short.
And we are all secretly hoping that it isnt just the kindle users,
But we'll see! We won't see until it is released x)

XghostzX
04-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Haa nice one Samhayne. The games rated for teens anyway, right?

*Zero*
04-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Haa nice one Samhayne. The games rated for teens anyway, right?
It is rated M

OvigorothO
04-04-2012, 11:41 AM
teen rated games is considered 13-16 and M is 17+