PDA

View Full Version : Graphic update

Golem
11-20-2020, 06:57 AM
How big work it is if sts update the game graphic? Since 2012 i dont see anything changed. Graphic update will make game look much better and PL future is on new players hand, am sure if there be little bit graphic update ppl will stay easier to start and stay playing the game. Also there is towns and maps for example Balefort Castle town and maps... Tbh when am in Balefort town or in maps i feel like i play -90 games... A little bit change would make game 10x better. I dont think that would be hard? What do you think guys? Balefort was just example... Whole game graphic is the number 1 point in this thread. Thanks

Golem
11-20-2020, 07:01 AM
For example much smaller town than what it is but well done

Vapourised
11-20-2020, 12:32 PM
PL2 will have the updated graphics. So just play it when it comes out if ur looking for fresh graphics.

Also I think Cinco has stated that high end graphics are expensive and take up a lot of developement cost. Which will have to be payed back by locking content behind a paywall which is what we dont want (aka a P2W game cos no other choice).

Golem
11-22-2020, 05:28 AM
PL2 will have the updated graphics. So just play it when it comes out if ur looking for fresh graphics.

Also I think Cinco has stated that high end graphics are expensive and take up a lot of developement cost. Which will have to be payed back by locking content behind a paywall which is what we dont want (aka a P2W game cos no other choice).

Haha there is no PL2... Whats this rumors you guys sharing? And no you wrong. It is not like what you said. We are not asking for PC graphic... Just a littlebit better+delte big uggly towns and make new town and much much smaller which just looks much better than 10yo towns which we have... If they could make new cool events with big maps they could do small update like that too...
And please stop this PL2 rumor xD

daysalalican01
11-22-2020, 05:58 AM
There will be no PL2.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Devaux
12-04-2020, 08:18 AM
Doubt their engine is capable of much higher than what they're already doing over on AL unless they do a major overhaul/update their game engine or just USE UNREAL ENIGINE...sheesh...

No SSS (sub surface scattering: opaque or sort of like transparent but not quite...like the light that passes through ears or skin on your hand, no AO (ambient occlusion: realistic darkness around objects like in other bigger titles sort of like shadows but different), higher resolution textures, static shadows, higher polygons counts, and certainty no real time rendering going on at all.

If they did even one of these the game would require a much more beefier device than what id say 95% of their user base even has. So...no. they wont update the graphics much more than what youll see over on arcane legends.

tarlan
12-04-2020, 12:02 PM
Personally I don’t mind the old style graphics aside from a few weird bugs, like bears missing a chunk of their back using certain bows and some of the kite-style shields have super blurry resolution.
Graphics are kinda at the bottom of the list for me for games, especially mobile games since that’s what kills the battery more than anything.

Spullllll
12-06-2020, 01:45 AM
Haha there is no PL2... Whats this rumors you guys sharing? And no you wrong. It is not like what you said. We are not asking for PC graphic... Just a littlebit better+delte big uggly towns and make new town and much much smaller which just looks much better than 10yo towns which we have... If they could make new cool events with big maps they could do small update like that too...
And please stop this PL2 rumor xD

Quite fed up with you being so negative and shooting peoples hopes down.

Waug
12-06-2020, 08:43 AM
PL 2 is not a rumor, even if it is a rumor then rumor was watered by cinco himself, in such situation it can't be called a rumor either way.

Cinco
12-06-2020, 08:48 AM
Its not a terrible idea, but tbh I don’t see a lot of value in doing a massive graphical update for original PL.

Waug
12-06-2020, 09:19 AM
Its not a terrible idea, but tbh I don’t see a lot of value in doing a massive graphical update for original PL.

Ya exactly rather with that amount of work and little bit more Pl 2 could be made XD

Golem
12-06-2020, 02:55 PM
Ya exactly rather with that amount of work and little bit more Pl 2 could be made XD

Pl2 is just pvp game nothing to do with pl1 but i undestand you are pvp player since 2011... i hope Cinco dosnt stop updating PL. There is 2 others games like DL or SL i dont see any reason to waste time of...

octavos
12-06-2020, 05:23 PM
A new game is a better investment...especially if they take elements from AL...like housing and some battle mechanics.
I think the new game should have skills swop..much like PL..but even a bird can be a mage..or a bear :)

I wish on al..the little mage can use a sword.

Golem
12-06-2020, 07:52 PM
A new game is a better investment...especially if they take elements from AL...like housing and some battle mechanics.
I think the new game should have skills swop..much like PL..but even a bird can be a mage..or a bear :)

I wish on al..the little mage can use a sword.

So you wish for AL2 , gl

octavos
12-06-2020, 08:18 PM
No, wish for a new mmo :)

Cashmoneybaby
12-06-2020, 08:34 PM

Any insight on how much difference for graphics we can expect for PL2 from the original?

Waug
12-06-2020, 09:07 PM
Pl2 is just pvp game nothing to do with pl1 but i undestand you are pvp player since 2011... i hope Cinco dosnt stop updating PL. There is 2 others games like DL or SL i dont see any reason to waste time of...

Lol, golem is secretly a Dev, he knows everything about pl2 and secretly leaking the agenda of pl2 being totally different with just the name.

Dolloway
12-06-2020, 11:33 PM
PL2 will not be a pvp game. Cinco has said he doesn't like pure pvp games, which is one significant reason why Call of Champions was shutdown - he doesn't like updating purely pvp games. PL2 will have some pvp but will not be purely pvp-based. Far from it.

Stephencobear
12-07-2020, 12:40 AM
Sts wont make another PL

Pl2 is just pvp game nothing to do with pl1 .

What?
/11 lol

Golem
12-07-2020, 08:49 AM
What?
/11 lol

Lol at the first didnt knew there gonna come pvp game which is copy of pl things... still PL is legend and best.

tarlan
12-07-2020, 09:49 AM
Lol at the first didnt knew there gonna come pvp game which is copy of pl things... still PL is legend and best.

What?
^^

but what if PL2 is legender and bester

Dolloway
12-08-2020, 12:09 AM
^^

but what if PL2 is legender and bester

Does that mean PL3 might be legendest and bestest

tarlan
12-08-2020, 11:37 AM

It’s gotta be. 3rd times a charm after all.

Golem
12-08-2020, 12:10 PM

Haha :D well idk we are in PL forums and hoping for game which gonna take players from PL again like AL did long ago, which isnt good for pl... i dont get it

tarlan
12-08-2020, 01:32 PM
Haha :D well idk we are in PL forums and hoping for game which gonna take players from PL again like AL did long ago, which isnt good for pl... i dont get it

I have yet to see the devs announce PL2 and there’s no forum for it, so it’s obviously going to be discussed primarily in the PL forums.

PL is 10 years old, people are always going to leave for something newer. AL was a natural choice because it is extremely similar to PL.
AL was a fantastic game, but I think PL players didn’t fully transition for 3 main reasons:
-The locked camera was a big turn off if you were super used to it, like PL addicts would be.
-Class specific gear, being able to equip any gear allowed for way more variety of builds.
-And obviously: starting fresh. It’s always difficult to leave something when you have invested time and often money just to have to do it again. This is inevitable leaving any game though.

A second version of PL2 would allow for them to eliminate the first 2 reasons while improving on a game which is more than likely limited due to the game being an impressive 10 years old. It could also bring players from AL.
I have always been eager to play and support new Legends games and most STS games even after returning to PL each time. No game will last forever, hoping for a new version isn’t bad for PL, it would actually grow the community.

Stephencobear
12-08-2020, 08:45 PM

You played AL also & now you”re back.
It’s not just about one game, we all want sts to thrive and that’s all their games having a good base.