PDA

View Full Version : Im so selfish!

gotrocks420
04-03-2012, 06:41 AM
I was in the first level of fang, running with two bears and a bird. We get to the final boss and start smashing on him when the bird goes down. We continue bashing on him (he was at 3/4ths health) and the bird refuses to respawn. So finally, after telling him to respawn many times, warning we would boot several times, we booted him. So he sends me a tell along the lines of "omg i was eating and needed to advance to next level u r so selfish"

What?

If all he needed to do was move to next level, couldnt he have respawned? The worst part was, we actually needed his help on the boss (you can imagine how effective 3 bears were dps wise). But he wouldnt respawn, after many requests and warnings. So he continued to tell me how selfish i was for a while, then logged into another char and joined the next level. He called us all selfish at which point i booted him with reason 'lol get outta here'

was i in the wrong here? The guy stuck around to catch the loot, 'because he was eating', and im the selfish one. Pretty sure you shoukdnt be eating during a boss fight.

Thanks for listening to me vent :)

ExperimentNebulaCore
04-03-2012, 06:58 AM
No your not selfish. He should of told you what he was doing. You should of booted him earlier when he declined to repawned and asked the team to invite somene else.

Sryyoulose
04-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Haha 3 bear party.

RaptorBlitz
04-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Don't mind the 10 year old trolls eating twinkies for breakfast.

(I mean the bird who wouldn't respawn, not you guys :p)

wvhills
04-03-2012, 07:48 AM
any 1 bird who runs through a map with 3 bears deserves a chance at a drop. The poor guy probably had to stand 1/2 mile behind you bears so he wouldn't get surrounded as mobs flung in random directions. Even if he did respawn and run back odds are he would have been 1 hit when he got back because he would've been an instant target with no other real threats there.

StompArtist
04-03-2012, 08:16 AM
I was in the first level of fang, running with two bears and a bird. We get to the final boss and start smashing on him when the bird goes down. We continue bashing on him (he was at 3/4ths health) and the bird refuses to respawn. So finally, after telling him to respawn many times, warning we would boot several times, we booted him. So he sends me a tell along the lines of "omg i was eating and needed to advance to next level u r so selfish"

What?

If all he needed to do was move to next level, couldnt he have respawned? The worst part was, we actually needed his help on the boss (you can imagine how effective 3 bears were dps wise). But he wouldnt respawn, after many requests and warnings. So he continued to tell me how selfish i was for a while, then logged into another char and joined the next level. He called us all selfish at which point i booted him with reason 'lol get outta here'

was i in the wrong here? The guy stuck around to catch the loot, 'because he was eating', and im the selfish one. Pretty sure you shoukdnt be eating during a boss fight.

Thanks for listening to me vent :)

Birds have to eat too.

Late
04-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Your not selfish lol

xDoNoToPeNb4xmasx
04-03-2012, 09:54 AM
I think it's rather funny that your venting. It amuses me. As I'm typing this I can't help but smile. It's like your own personal journal. And by the way, you aren't selfish. Selfishness is definitely not kicking somebody from a game. I would have understood if he called you a jerk or something, but even then calling you a name would be ridiculous. What he should have dine is told you beforehand that he needed to advance in the campaign. You probably would have understood then.

kiitz
04-03-2012, 11:17 AM
You aren't selfish, but I can't imagine doing a run with 3 bears. lol.

ArtStar
04-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Not selfish.

I boot anyone who is not respawning,
Like just laying there gathering loot/xp from the teams hard work.
Especially if they dont accept my rev lol.

Fyrce
04-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Actually bird screams and break armor do a lot without attracting as much attention. The bird can also run a lot if he's being chased, until a bear gets the boss' attention. The mobs don't change targets that fast. I have run w/ 3-4 bears before w/ mage or bird. It's not that bad if bears are working it.

JaytB
04-03-2012, 01:26 PM
No, you were not in the wrong IMO.

The selfish one was the guy who wanted you to do the work so he could advance to the next level. There's a wonderful button for these kind of people in game btw, it's called 'mute' :)

RaptorBlitz
04-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Birds have to eat too.

The Avian have perfect eyesight, a tiny appetite, and short attention spans.

ArtStar
04-03-2012, 05:21 PM
The Avian have perfect eyesight, a tiny appetite, and short attention spans.

Well birds also chew with their stomachs, yeh know that? :p

gotrocks420
04-04-2012, 04:41 AM
I think it's rather funny that your venting. It amuses me. As I'm typing this I can't help but smile. It's like your own personal journal. And by the way, you aren't selfish. Selfishness is definitely not kicking somebody from a game. I would have understood if he called you a jerk or something, but even then calling you a name would be ridiculous. What he should have dine is told you beforehand that he needed to advance in the campaign. You probably would have understood then.

i felt the need to share a goofy story with my peers :) it actually didnt bother me that much, i knew that i was in the right in this situation. Its pretty clear this guy has a small......brain... And needed to insult me (which he did i just didnt include it in the post because i couldnt remember what he said). I really cant stand bad attitudes. Anyone who knows me in game/irl knows what a nice guy i am, and how rarely i get angry/start insulting people for any reason. In my mind id rather stand above the negative people in this world instead of bringing mtself to their level. Thats not to say im better than those people, but i do have more control over my actions, or simy more tact.