PDA

View Full Version : :( screenshots......

stophatin
04-03-2012, 06:45 PM
How do i take screen shots on Xperia Play r008x phone without rooting it. And if you do need to root it, can i get a link for rooting? currently on 2.2.2 android running system. All feedback is appreciated.

adidaman
04-03-2012, 06:55 PM
1. Smash your phone screen first on a rock
2. Your phone's screen is shot.

Hope I helped

ArtStar
04-03-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't know how, but someone here should.
Good luck!

Ardon
04-03-2012, 07:33 PM
I think there is a screenshots app in Google Play that lets a handful of Android devices Screenshot without root. Try looking for it.

If you want I can look through Rootzwiki and XDA developers and see what they got for your phone and PM you the links, if I find anything.

Sent from my Gummy_DX

Commanderkeen
04-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Here's a link to the Android Forums they have helped me so much through my Optimus V, Triumph questions. I personally use the screenshot ux app on my phone they have a free version but it only allows you to take 15 screen shots before you have to upgrade to the full version for 4.99 ( I've used this app while my phone has been non rooted and rooted). Btw I think this belongs in the android section of the forums.

Here's the link to the Android Forums: http://androidforums.com/

Comndmagician
04-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Most phones need root for screan shots...try.((((one click root or jingerbreak))) just google the . Apk files and hopefully one might work for u!!

Commanderkeen
04-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Here you go this is what I could find about taking screenies on an xperia play.

Hi,

Android phones are so flexible. And the "mod-ability" of the phone with lockscreens, widgets, themes and live wallpapers certainty makes your Xperia X8 a thing of beauty.

Want to share your lockscreens and homescreens with this us on this forum?

Here is how you can do it:

Oops!!! Forgot to mention...
Your phone MUST be ROOTED to use these apps Apologies - :)

METHOD:

Step 1a: Download and install the app ScreenShot by Giksoft from Android Market
Step 1b: Download and install the app ShootMe by Giksoft from Android Market

Direct Download Option
A: ScreenShot (http://www.giksoft.com/apps/android/screenshot.apk) <-- here
B: ShootMe (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LHBGILFV) <-- works in a similar way to ScreenShot

USER GUIDE FOR SCREENSHOT
When you launch ScreenShot you will see the UI
<5 seconds> - this delays your screenshot for you to choose the correct screen on you phone before the app takes a picture
<Take ScreenShot> this is the button to <click> to take the screenshots

Under Options
<Shake the phone to take a screenshot> this option allows you time to choose the phone screen and then shake the phone to take a ScreenShot.
<Invert Red and Blue colors> self explanatory :)
<save as Png> picture format options the app saves your screenshots
The app save your screenshots to </SD/screenshot> folder

Step 2: Launch <ScreenShot>
- <choose the time delay> OR
- <choose the Shake the phone to take a screenshot>
- go to the screen within the time delay OR <shake the phone>
- a camera click will sound and a screenshot <.png is the default format> will be saved on your SD Card

Step 3: To Retrieve Your Screenshots
- <mount> your Xperia X8
- <click><screenshot> folder and copy out your .PNG files

Step 4: Post your Xperia X8 Screen Grabs to rosered's post - Show Us Your Homescreens X8
- <upload> your pictures.png to a picture host site (e.g. ImageShack)
- <copy> url link to clipboard
- <click> Show Us Your Homescreens thread in this forum
- <type> in the <Quick Reply> box
- <click> the <Insert Image> icon on the tool bar
- <paste> your <url link> to your Screenshots
- <click> Post Quick Reply

And that's it - you beautiful Homescreens in full HQ glory for us to admire :)

Cheers :)

Do or Do Not... there is no Try - Yoda

Rittik
04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Take a look at my guide..hope it helps
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=42410
Here i got NO ROOT METHOD TOO take a look

~Rik[Rittik]

themars
04-04-2012, 09:26 AM
You have a xperia play? If you have the latest android version there is a screenshot app included in your phone.

If im right you need to touch for about 2-3 sec your on/off button then there are 4 options and I think one of them is taking a screenshot. Tell me if u can't

Deathpunch
04-04-2012, 02:44 PM
How do i take screen shots on Xperia Play r008x phone without rooting it. And if you do need to root it, can i get a link for rooting? currently on 2.2.2 android running system. All feedback is appreciated.

Update to 2.3.4 and you'll have native screen cap ability.

-----
Sent from my Asus Transformer

stophatin
04-04-2012, 03:42 PM

-----

wait, do i update at store or is there software update on phone?

Skeletonlord
04-04-2012, 03:48 PM
If you need to update to include a screenshot app, I think it will be a software update. You can probably do that in your phones settings.

stophatin
04-04-2012, 04:17 PM
If you need to update to include a screenshot app, I think it will be a software update. You can probably do that in your phones settings.

do u know the instructions?

stophatin
04-04-2012, 04:22 PM
woot, i rooted my phone, i can send you guyz a link if you need to root your phone freeeeeee! really works

Deathpunch
04-04-2012, 04:54 PM
woot, i rooted my phone, i can send you guyz a link if you need to root your phone freeeeeee! really works

Of course it works. Xda and their kind wouldn't be in business if it didn't.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

stophatin
04-05-2012, 02:08 PM
lol it wasn't really Xda. follow the link to check it http://www.rootingdroid.com/33/root-any-android-phone-with-super-one-click-app-howto/

stophatin
04-05-2012, 02:10 PM

-----

yea. i tried but it only brought me to update to version 2.3.3. waiting for next update to be compatible. Thanks all for great help.

OvigorothO
04-05-2012, 04:02 PM
LOL its not a big deal.....rooting an android through a link is nothing compared to jailbreaking an idevice

stophatin
04-05-2012, 04:10 PM
i can jailbreak androids but lets not get into that

Ardon
04-05-2012, 08:04 PM
i can jailbreak androids but lets not get into that

Jailbreak = iOS

Rooting = Android

If you know how to root androids you would know that

Sent from my CM9 powered Droid X

stophatin
04-05-2012, 09:10 PM
lol panda app

Deathpunch
04-06-2012, 09:18 AM
LOL its not a big deal.....rooting an android through a link is nothing compared to jailbreaking an idevice

Depends on the device. Some are rather complicated and involved. Plus, there's the fact that android devs are just more skilled. :P

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

stophatin
04-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Hhe:)

Artentreri
04-06-2012, 11:56 PM
So, who feels like teaching me how to jailbreak my iPad? Oh, and there's no reason it shouldn't be discussed here, it's completely legal, just voids your warranty.

Deathpunch
04-07-2012, 07:49 AM
So, who feels like teaching me how to jailbreak my iPad? Oh, and there's no reason it shouldn't be discussed here, it's completely legal, just voids your warranty.

The main reason is because the devs said no. Google is your friend.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Artentreri
04-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Ah, gotcha. Well thanks anyway man.

Deathpunch
04-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Ah, gotcha. Well thanks anyway man.

Sorry, I didn't intend for that to come out quite so harsh. They shut down jailbreak talk in another thread. Besides, idk much about iOS, other than its an inferior OS. :D

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Artentreri
04-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Nah man, I didn't think you were bein harsh haha. Oh well, I'm too tired of searching, I'll just wait until I find someone who can do it for me.