PDA

View Full Version : Mage weapon listing - suggestions

Spiritualist
08-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi there. I hope you can help me. I'm a lvl 45 Mage (newly levelled) and I'm trying to decide what weapon to use. I have a few pinks listed below but each seems to give me pluses and minuses for different stats. Can you give me some recommendations and what you'd use. Thanks.

http://www.demandmanagement.com/equip_list01.jpg

Royce
08-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Given those options, I would go with the Dreamer's Dark Wand and Imhotep Eye of the Owl for a wand and bracer, or the Dreamer's Staff of Ra for a Staff. It's really close between those 2 options IMO, since the wand is only a level 35.
Ultimately, to go with a wand and bracer you would want a level 43/45 Djinn Wand (Thoth or Isis), and a better Imhotep Eye (Thoth is best, but any pink other than mastery is a better option than the Owl one). The best staves are the Dark Matter staffs, followed by Ra (lowest damage but AoE ;) ) and Desert Shadow (Dark), then lastly the Set Lightning ones.

tjornan
08-09-2010, 07:47 PM
definetly want that mana regen. so dreamers dark wand

Violentsaint
08-09-2010, 08:20 PM
wow fancy table setup you got there, my advice is to always go for mana regen once your lvl cap, or a mix of half isis half thoth if you like a bit of both.

tjornan
08-09-2010, 10:27 PM
wow fancy table setup you got there, my advice is to always go for mana regen once your lvl cap, or a mix of half isis half thoth if you like a bit of both.

Thats what tj is

Spiritualist
08-10-2010, 04:29 AM
OK, so if mana regen is most important in many of your eyes, why not go with the Dreamer's Staff of Ra as it has 9 mana regen, not 7 mana regen like the wands?

confused.com

Royce
08-10-2010, 06:49 AM
OK, so if mana regen is most important in many of your eyes, why not go with the Dreamer's Staff of Ra as it has 9 mana regen, not 7 mana regen like the wands?

confused.com

Tip: If someones response doesn't make sense or they obviously didn't read your post through, pay no attention to what they have to say, and listen to me ;)

KingFu
08-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Tip: If someones response doesn't make sense or they obviously didn't read your post through, pay no attention to what they have to say, and listen to me ;)

Royce is getting an ego there ;) I would listen to him though, he is kind of the dev like figure, but not, at the same time ;)

Royce
08-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Royce is getting an ego there ;) I would listen to him though, he is kind of the dev like figure, but not, at the same time ;)

Lol, it's not ego, I just think a lot of people rapid-fire post around these forums without really knowing what they are responding to. They take a brief glance and assume they know the question, so assume they know the answer without ever really inspecting the details ;)

KingFu
08-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Lol, it's not ego, I just think a lot of people rapid-fire post around these forums without really knowing what they are responding to. They take a brief glance and assume they know the question, so assume they know the answer without ever really inspecting the details ;)

You know we have all done it once or twice, and believe me that I will won't let it go when your time comes ;)

Royce
08-10-2010, 07:19 AM
believe me that I will won't let it go when your time comes ;)

This is exactly why I knew my post was a mistake as soon as I made it :D

KingFu
08-10-2010, 07:21 AM
This is exactly why I knew my post was a mistake as soon as I made it :D

If only the edit button wasn't around, knowing you, you will re read the forum and your post and if there is anything wrong with it you will most likely edit it before anyone can read it ;)

Royce
08-10-2010, 07:23 AM
If only the edit button wasn't around, knowing you, you will re read the forum and your post and if there is anything wrong with it you will most likely edit it before anyone can read it ;)

I'm going through every post I have ever made as we speak, correcting and tweaking ;) You'll never catch me :D

KingFu
08-10-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm going through every post I have ever made as we speak, correcting and tweaking ;) You'll never catch me :D

Let's see about that ;)

Spiritualist
08-10-2010, 11:37 AM
OK, got it. Royce = Knowledge Base for all things. The Rest = Know Nothin'.

Although I want one of those voodoo dolls - they look cool. Are they any good?

KingFu
08-10-2010, 11:41 AM
OK, got it. Royce = Knowledge Base for all things. The Rest = Know Nothin'.

Although I want one of those voodoo dolls - they look cool. Are they any good?

For a level 35 yes, Imhotep eyes are obviously better, I believe the stats are:
7 Dex, 2% Dodge, 5% Crit, 13 Armor

Also, have you seen them after update? They got kinda ugly. I will post a screenshot (gimme 1 sec. ;)

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/3a40f7e0.png
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/651f6615.png

Royce
08-10-2010, 11:47 AM
The Copperhead's voodoo doll is nice but overrated/overpriced. It is good for PvP and specifically most useful for Int bears/birds. Honestly as a mage I'd be just as happy in most cases with the 1 M/s of the green Wizard's demonic eyeball bracer Ellie sells as I would with the bit of Dodge and Crit the doll provides. When the swamps were first out, that bracer didn't exist so the doll was the only game in town, but I still wore my level 24 Wizard bracer from time to time to max regen.

FluffNStuff
08-10-2010, 11:47 AM
For a level 35 yes, Imhotep eyes are obviously better, I believe the stats are:
7 Dex, 2% Dodge, 5% Crit, 13 Armor

Also, have you seen them after update? They got kinda ugly. I will post a screenshot (gimme 1 sec. ;)

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/3a40f7e0.png
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/651f6615.png

Looks like a mummified version of the Aliens, which I hope is what they were going for. In the Swamps, it says "who would want to train and arm these crocodiles" referring to the aliens.

KingFu
08-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Looks like a mummified version of the Aliens, which I hope is what they were going for. In the Swamps, it says "who would want to train and arm these crocodiles" referring to the aliens.

Never caught that, they are pretty good at sneaking things in, the voodoo staff looks surprised now lol. I can upload that too if you care ;)

Spiritualist
08-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Never caught that, they are pretty good at sneaking things in, the voodoo staff looks surprised now lol. I can upload that too if you care ;)

Yep, please upload for viewing.

KingFu
08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Yep, please upload for viewing.

Here ya go ;)
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/c0111017.png

Smartress
08-10-2010, 06:27 PM
In all honesty all of gears listed in your table are very "ordinary".

As a mage, you should try to get:

Wand
D'Jinn Wand of Thoth/Isis + Thoth Eye

Staff
Galzyx Dark Matter Staff/Dark Matter Staff of Thoth > Royal Shadow Staff of Thoth > Desert Shadow Staff of Thoth > Set Lighting staff of Thoth

Royce
08-10-2010, 06:34 PM
In all honesty all of gears listed in your table are very "ordinary".

As a mage, you should try to get:

Wand
D'Jinn Wand of Thoth/Isis + Thoth Eye

Staff
Galzyx Dark Matter Staff/Dark Matter Staff of Thoth > Royal Shadow Staff of Thoth > Desert Shadow Staff of Thoth > Set Lighting staff of Thoth

I take issue with this part "Royal Shadow Staff of Thoth > Desert Shadow Staff of Thoth > Set Lighting staff of Thoth". The Staff of Ra is at least as good and probably better than the desert shadow staff and definitely better than the set lighting staff. Everyone uses the set lightning over it because it has slightly higher damage, but the staff of ra does AoE on target damage making it actually a far more powerful weapon than most people give it credit for.

bmc85uk
08-10-2010, 06:58 PM
I take issue with this part "Royal Shadow Staff of Thoth > Desert Shadow Staff of Thoth > Set Lighting staff of Thoth". The Staff of Ra is at least as good and probably better than the desert shadow staff and definitely better than the set lighting staff. Everyone uses the set lightning over it because it has slightly higher damage, but the staff of ra does AoE on target damage making it actually a far more powerful weapon than most people give it credit for.

Was helping a friend get some level & potion farming on Mynas tombs with a bear who had a staff of ra, I was suprised how good it was, the AE makes it a kiters dream.

Smartress
08-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Fair enough comment.

The reason it was low on my list apart from the damage, is because it has the least amount of armor.

Staff of Ra only has 2 Armor, Lighting is 3 Armor, Desert/Dark Matter has 5 Armor, Royal has 6 Armor.

If it has AoE effect, it should be nice supplement to classes do not have AoE ability. As a mage, you tend to use spells more often, unless it is on cool down.

Spiritualist
08-11-2010, 04:35 AM
In fact, it's interesting to me that there are differing opinions on "what is best". I must admit I expected a "get this, get that" response but seeing the comments so far does make me appreciate that "the best" depends upon what you are looking for.

For me, I think I'm looking for massive mana regen and armor, as my aim is to always be with strong and dexterous warriors and archers, with wimpy me sitting in the background casting heals, area spells and the like.