PDA

View Full Version : Javier for AoB¿?

Rittik
04-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Am a really close friend of Javier :)
For some reasons he is not applying for AoB ..he even made an application but he is not submitting it..

But lets see how many people wants him in? Hope we can really change his mind :D

Javier we <3 u bro !

~Rik[Rittik]

Skeletonlord
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
I agree with you there Rittik!

Javier is an excellent choice for AOB, and hopefully he gets added to AOB! He will make a perfect role model for the community!

flashbackflip
04-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Yep, agree

He and Bodmasta were first to greet me here on forums and taught he basic rules

They were great role models, so i totally vote for Javier

Seiyen
04-05-2012, 11:05 AM
I barely see any aob online except flashbackflip and truehelper,javier would be an awesome aob,one of the aob even deleted his aob char lol,dont know if he got tht char back
(Edit: i have 2 aob on my list thats why i see only 2 of em lol)

Mrbananaz
04-05-2012, 09:05 PM
i just asked javier abt it and he said he dont wanna b on aob cuz they r all hypocrites even tho i want him on there to

Sryyoulose
04-05-2012, 09:08 PM
i just asked javier abt it and he said he dont wanna b on aob cuz they r all hypocrites even tho i want him on there to

I used to think that about the alternate side (PL) However, several of them told me about AoA's and I learned that even though 1 or 2 may be bad, the positive ratio FAR outways the negative.

javier995
04-05-2012, 09:40 PM
I used to think that about the alternate side (PL) However, several of them told me about AoA's and I learned that even though 1 or 2 may be bad, the positive ratio FAR outways the negative.

There's a difference tho. I'm not trying to flame, but since Mrb brought it up I might as well take part in this.

There's a handful of them, I won't mention names, who just go on their AoB alt (if they even go on at all) an just look "cool" at B*.

I can probably name two that I think actually help, and they both know my way I see the others. They too see them that way, don't ask me who they are Bc I won't jeopardize anything they have done to reach AoB by saying their names.

I even had one of these AoBs tell me Twink, "Get out of here newcomer, this is for higher levels". Know what I did? I got on my main, guess what he knew who I was and then apologized. Claiming he wouldn't do it again, which I highly doubt is true.

In my eyes, many of these guys/gals are doing AoB to get "known", just for the "perks" (silly forum name), and to possibly be an SG. They don't do it to help, they do it for those things.

One thing I wonder is, why didn't they join an SL helping guild (i.e. PIT or SLH) when it was just about helping. No titles, no forum names, not even sponsored by the devs. All those people in those guilds (what like 15 actual helpers including myself) did Bc they knew what it felt like to be totally lost in a brand new game. We weren't obligated to ever go on, yet 6 of us (me Bod and 4 others who's main idk) all got on every night and went from base to bar answering questions and helpin in anyway we could.

If I see even a hint of those acts that we had done, being done by an AoB, I will take back what I said. To be honest with you, I don't see that happening.

Zraorizer
04-05-2012, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=Sryyoulose;610745]I
I even had one of these AoBs tell me Twink, "Get out of here newcomer, this is for higher levels". Know what I did? I got on my main, guess what he knew who I was and then apologized. Claiming he wouldn't do it again, which I highly doubt is true.
First of all javi I was not saying for u to get out of here,second I was just joking cuz I was hanging out with sparxtan friends,and third I didn't mean about high level stuff ps. I wasn't talking to u btw it was a friend of mine that just joined SL so I hope u understand what I did

javier995
04-05-2012, 09:57 PM
First of all javi I was not saying for u to get out of here,second I was just joking cuz I was hanging out with sparxtan friends,and third I didn't mean about high level stuff ps. I wasn't talking to u btw it was a friend of mine that just joined SL so I hope u understand what I did

Nice, you actually didn't mind saying it was you.

Let's see now, if you weren't speaking with me why did you say yes to me when I asked if you where speaking with me? Why would you joke with a possible new player like that? Oh yea, you actually did tell me to leave Bc I wasn't high enough.

Also, don't "joke" with me about that stuff. If it was a joke you would have told me it was instead of "omg javi I didn't know it was you".

If you wish to discuss this further, you know where the pm button is.

Paar
04-05-2012, 10:10 PM
JAVIER FOR PRESIDENT!!!! Wait... I meant AOB!!!!

javier995
04-05-2012, 10:12 PM
JAVIER FOR PRESIDENT!!!! Wait... I meant AOB!!!!

Paar for VP!!!

Wait what we talking about ?

Sryyoulose
04-05-2012, 10:44 PM
There's a difference tho. I'm not trying to flame, but since Mrb brought it up I might as well take part in this.

There's a handful of them, I won't mention names, who just go on their AoB alt (if they even go on at all) an just look "cool" at B*.

I can probably name two that I think actually help, and they both know my way I see the others. They too see them that way, don't ask me who they are Bc I won't jeopardize anything they have done to reach AoB by saying their names.

In my eyes, many of these guys/gals are doing AoB to get "known", just for the "perks" (silly forum name), and to possibly be an SG. They don't do it to help, they do it for those things.

One thing I wonder is, why didn't they join an SL helping guild (i.e. PIT or SLH) when it was just about helping. No titles, no forum names, not even sponsored by the devs. All those people in those guilds (what like 15 actual helpers including myself) did Bc they knew what it felt like to be totally lost in a brand new game. We weren't obligated to ever go on, yet 6 of us (me Bod and 4 others who's main idk) all got on every night and went from base to bar answering questions and helpin in anyway we could.

If I see even a hint of those acts that we had done, being done by an AoB, I will take back what I said. To be honest with you, I don't see that happening.

I can name several helpfuls, even though I'm on PL usually ive seen a couple AoB's actually helping. I do understand some people join for there name and for perks. However, you saying that ALL of AoB isn't helping is almost offensive. They do help, just they aren't big enough, and there aren't enough members LIKE YOU! you can be the good example and strong face for AoB, show them what being an AoB means! If you do that well... Do it and see what happens.

javier995
04-06-2012, 01:01 AM
I can name several helpfuls, even though I'm on PL usually ive seen a couple AoB's actually helping. I do understand some people join for there name and for perks. However, you saying that ALL of AoB isn't helping is almost offensive. They do help, just they aren't big enough, and there aren't enough members LIKE YOU! you can be the good example and strong face for AoB, show them what being an AoB means! If you do that well... Do it and see what happens.

Did I say all of the AoB aren't helpful? No. I said most of them aren't.

Now before you attempt to troll me with your "like you" crap, I'm not making this about me. Sure, I'd like to see them do some of the stuff I do or even do it for the reasons I do. Do I care if they do it? Hell no I don't. Not my problem, which is why I stay out of AoB.

So don't try to make this all about me, and troll me and say your sarcastic remarks, it won't work.

You can name several helpfuls? That's nice, I can name several others who aren't.

The main person I think does it for all the right reasons, Octavos. Always been a kind helpful dude, he doesn't need any title or anything he's already SG and still helps. That's the kind of person I admire, one who logs in just to help.

Oh wait, Octavos is an AoB and you said I said all the AoB aren't helpful. Yet I just stated one of the persons I think does a lot, that means you're wrong :o

Mrbananaz
04-06-2012, 02:02 AM
im sorry if i caused something here but i think javi is correct that there is some ppl up there just for the title and dont rly care to help

Carth
04-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Pshhh. Jav is out of this program's league. :D

Ivan Johnson
04-06-2012, 02:52 AM
Don't apply Javi. The initial selection of AoB's was terrible except for 4 or 5 people. It was quite obvious who was in it for the title and who actually wanted to help. If anything, joining AoB will hurt your reputation as a helpfil individual even though you have been more helpful than most people since way back in the v-cast beta. Keep rockin it buddy.

javier995
04-06-2012, 04:44 AM
Don't apply Javi. The initial selection of AoB's was terrible except for 4 or 5 people. It was quite obvious who was in it for the title and who actually wanted to help. If anything, joining AoB will hurt your reputation as a helpfil individual even though you have been more helpful than most people since way back in the v-cast beta. Keep rockin it buddy.

Idk who you are, but thanks bud. Feel free to add my main (:

Kanozaki
04-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Meh let's just stop this before it gets out of hand , but I will have to agree with the posts above . I was pretty shocked at the AoB list.

Deathpunch
04-06-2012, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=javier995:610783] First of all javi I was not saying for u to get out of here,second I was just joking cuz I was hanging out with sparxtan friends,and third I didn't mean about high level stuff ps. I wasn't talking to u btw it was a friend of mine that just joined SL so I hope u understand what I did

Actually, what javi said sounds about right for sparxtans.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Zraorizer
04-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Nice, you actually didn't mind saying it was you.

Let's see now, if you weren't speaking with me why did you say yes to me when I asked if you where speaking with me? Why would you joke with a possible new player like that? Oh yea, you actually did tell me to leave Bc I wasn't high enough.

Also, don't "joke" with me about that stuff. If it was a joke you would have told me it was instead of "omg javi I didn't know it was you".

If you wish to discuss this further, you know where the pm button is.

actually i was not saying yes to speaking to u,i was talking to a friend of mine real life which was a newcomer we like do jokes and stuff to each other but not like mean ones we arent like that i think u misheard me cuz i wasnt being mean cuz im not that person hope i got it straight man

flashbackflip
04-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Wow dudes.. It's already on the edge of big scale drama..

I say the more helpers around - the better! I did not heard of helpers' guilds before AoB recruitment, but shortly after was added to the R.O.K. group on forums.. It's cool we have more than one here - means more ppl really care

As for AoBs .. Well... Everybody helps the time he can.. Some play more, some less.. So it depends

Let's just be happy that more people are getting involved and spread the vibe of helpfulness..

Those, who cant or don't want to join aob have plenty of opportunities to get busy

And Jav, don't hate, bro ..

Zraorizer
04-06-2012, 11:52 AM
lets just get to maintopic if javi wants to he can if not we wont stop him so its what he thinks ;)

Sryyoulose
04-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Sorry maybe I misread, but you say:If I even see a hint of this being done. Maybe a misunderstanding, I'm truly sorry if it is. It's just that a friend of mine Is on the list and I watch my friends backs.

Iron Hand
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Hey javi apply anyway i did we can affect change. Also do not worry devs and mods are watching current aob members. Per mods to me in pm once everything gets set those that have not been living up to the spirit of the aob and the guidelines will be warned and if behavior continues then they will be expelled from aob. I joining to help new players and help aob with ideas on how to help others :). That is what is about for me and wether or not i make it does not affect what i already do, it just means i have to do it more on my own.

javier995
04-06-2012, 02:23 PM
First off, not hating. Flash we will speak in pms the flame here is done.

Second, good that you watch your friends' back, so do I.

Third, I really don't think I'd be able to affect the way anyone one thinks. They will do as they wish, and act he way they want to act in certain circumstances.

Fourth and final.

My application woul most likely look like this, if I ever submit.

Application.

In-Game Name:
Javiermadriz (main) and 6 other alts.
Level: 40

Person I'm applying with:

Javierinfo level 10 com, a helping alt I've had since Pay It Forward (PIT) was established.

How long have you been playing?
I have been playing since the day open beta came out.

Why do you like Star Legends?
I like SL because of my many friends that I share experiences everyday. I am more interested in the fact that I am a human and it's a scifi theme.

Why do you want to become an Ambassador?
I would like to become one because friends keep asking me to join.

What do you think is the most important thing for new players to know about Star Legends?
There really isn't one single thing, but if I where to give them one I'd be that there is a forum for the game. All questions I wouldn't br able to answer (if that circumstance ever came), someone on the forums would be able to answer it.

If you saw someone being a bully to another player, how would you handle it?
Ask them in open chat, not pm, to stop. If said person doesn't stop on open chat, or the instance has too many people, I would send him a pm. I'd inform him that it's wrong to be bullying, especially cyber bullying. Acts like that cannot be tolerated and can have consequences. If the problem persists, I'll report him and the person whom was bullied by him to put him on mute (ignore).
Are Ambassadors like moderators?
To an extent, yes they are. The do the same thing as mods, they help and try to give you a good experience playing. The only difference between mods and an AoB (in my eyes), is that mods are payed to do this and an AoB volunteers to do this.

If we picked you to become an Ambassador, what would surprise us the most?

Nothing. There isn't nothing I would do differently that I haven't don't before.