PDA

View Full Version : low damage on a few mobs

blundr
08-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Hi All,

I just hit 30 on a dex bird.

I joined an ancient swamps group, and I found that I was only doing 1-10 damage on most of the crocs in there.

This also seems to be the case on one particular ice mob in the campaign before ancient swamps.

Is this something you just have to deal with or is there a different weapon, weapon type, or debuff that needs to be applied to do more damage?

Thanks!

FluffNStuff
08-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi All,

I joined an ancient swamps group, and I found that I was only doing 1-10 damage on most of the crocs in there.

This also seems to be the case on one particular ice mob in the campaign before ancient swamps.

Is this something you just have to deal with or is there a different weapon, weapon type, or debuff that needs to be applied to do more damage?

Thanks!

Welcome to the swamps. What you are seeing is the effect of mobs wearing good armor. The swamps are a ton of fun but designed to be done in a group, so make sure you have a party and don't try to solo it.

Snakespeare
08-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi All,

Thanks!

That's the dagger dude. The trident dude goes down fast. The red ones are hard, too, but mostly because they back away.

For the dagger dude, you have to de-buff him and buff yourself up, and use combos anytime they are possible. See, the armor is subtracted from the damage, so if you do 55 to 65 damage, but he has 50 armor, then you will only do 10 to 15 damage. Buff up and increase the chance to do crits, then you will get about 130 on a crit (I'm guessing) and the result will be 80. If you can break his armor, that will help, too.

For the red ones, stun them and root them so you can hit them, basically.

Swamps requires learning some new tactics.

Just know that there are three different crocs and only one of them is easy...

Also, be warned that some bosses in the Swamps (and I have read about this in the Oasis, too) are on a tether. For these guys, you have to get as many adds as you can, and then take on the boss on his home turf, otherwise he'll regen when his points get too low.

My new plan is to use the demon dagger and a wing shield and to break as much armor as possible!!!

Snakespeare
08-10-2010, 11:26 AM
That's the dagger dude. The trident dude goes down fast. The red ones are hard, too, but mostly because they back away.

For the dagger dude, you have to de-buff him and buff yourself up, and use combos anytime they are possible. See, the armor is subtracted from the damage, so if you do 55 to 65 damage, but he has 50 armor, then you will only do 10 to 15 damage. Buff up and increase the chance to do crits, then you will get about 130 on a crit (I'm guessing) and the result will be 80. If you can break his armor, that will help, too.

For the red ones, stun them and root them so you can hit them, basically.

Swamps requires learning some new tactics.

Just know that there are three different crocs and only one of them is easy...

Also, be warned that some bosses in the Swamps (and I have read about this in the Oasis, too) are on a tether. For these guys, you have to get as many adds as you can, and then take on the boss on his home turf, otherwise he'll regen when his points get too low.

My new plan is to use the demon dagger and a wing shield and to break as much armor as possible!!!

LOL!

In my answer yesterday I forgot the grey crocs who have darkbolt blasters. They are harder to kill than either the red ones or the dagger dudes.

But for all three, if Focus is active, and I Break Armor, I have a 10 sec. period to do as much damage as possible. At that point, Cruel Blast Combo does about 200 hp, crits from my auto-crossbow do 35, and when the focus wears off, as long as Evasion is still on, I can use mana potions and healing potions while I wait for the spells to recharge. Which, seriously, isn't all that long. Only Focus takes long to recharge. Break Armor is fast. If there are others attacking a croc, I aim and break that one's armor.

In that way, you can actually get some speed going, more or less, but when playing solo it takes 3 sequences of Break Armor and Cruel Blast Combo while Focussed to take out one of those three crocs (grey, red, or blue with dagger).