PDA

View Full Version : Watching Video Ads for Free Platinum Disabled

Samhayne
04-04-2012, 12:30 PM
In early March we implemented a new system for players to obtain Free Platinum by watching video ads. Since turning them on, video ads have had a number of problems, resulting in users not having them available to watch. Because of these ongoing issues that have not been able to be satisfactorily resolved, we are now disabling the feature.

Our apologies that this feature did not work out and our thanks in advance for your understanding.

RaptorBlitz
04-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Darn it. Videos were working for me. Why you removing them >_< Oh well. Fix it fast, STS. :p

Jcyee
04-04-2012, 08:51 PM
aww. ok thx for the info
i also have a question tho: what ever happened to downloading apps for free plat? was that part of the whole video plat update or something?
if anyone out there has time to respond, thatd be great and well-appreciated. thanks

ArtStar
04-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Awe, I feel terrible for complaining now lol.
I am sorry! D:

ArtStar
04-04-2012, 08:56 PM
aww. ok thx for the info
i also have a question tho: what ever happened to downloading apps for free plat? was that part of the whole video plat update or something?

This feature has been a part of the game forever,
I don't think they will disable this too.

Piosidon
04-04-2012, 08:59 PM
aww. ok thx for the info
if anyone out there has time to respond, thatd be great and well-appreciated. thanks
It's on tapjoy website now. Works like a charm.

Jcyee
04-04-2012, 11:27 PM
ahh ok. that makes much more sense now. i just didnt know where they went lol.
But thanks for the info! ill be sure to check it out when i get the chance

It's on tapjoy website now. Works like a charm.

Carth
04-04-2012, 11:55 PM
These ads never worked for me anyway.
Sorry to those who used it daily.

Thanks for the info Samhayne.

Cahaun
04-05-2012, 12:20 AM
I wish it'd come back. Watching videos'd be better than downloading apps.

ArtStar
04-05-2012, 02:42 AM
I wish it'd come back. Watching videos'd be better than downloading apps.

Yeah I was really looking forward to it,
But I guess it isnt workin out.

Like I said I feel bad about complaining about it not working.
Thanks for trying to make this happen for us STS! It is the thought that counts.

Jcyee
04-06-2012, 12:10 AM
lol if sts could somehow make them work for all of us, u guys would be that much awesomer ;)
anyway thanks for the effort though. much appreciated

Kevdo
05-14-2012, 01:31 AM
I was really really looking forward to being able to watch videos for platinum. I had to keep searching around to figure out why there was no option to do so. I've already downloaded just about every app available in the list to get free platinum, and I've even done the ones that required online signups or had requirements like reaching level 3 in some games... I know I can buy more platinum with money, but I'd much rather have the advertisements pay it for me.

Is there any hope of bringing this back? Or is it a feature completely gone now, for good? Also, apologies for the necro bump, but I'm rather curious to know if the devs plan on doing anything with this anymore.

Taresafoo
05-15-2012, 11:30 AM
a lot pf people had trouble with the videos for plat, so they got rid of it becuase it wasnt fair that some ppl got tons of plat and others didnt. I know I was one of those people that could never watch the videos and i was kind of peeved that I didnt have access to them :apthy: