PDA

View Full Version : An idea

Stonks
12-05-2020, 12:55 AM
A couple of friends and I were talking and came up with this. They are a bunch of wusses so I had to make this account myself to post about it.
How about introducing a system where the game allows us to change the class of our current character? Sounds crude but hear me out, please.
Arcane Legends has always been a basic 3-class RPG unlike PL and the other crazy RPGs out there with loads of classes that you can try out. This would give the players the ability to change class without having to start over from the bottom again

But like all bold systems, class change could also be abused so it needs to be kept in check.

This can be done by:

1. Making it into a reward for an extreme quest that might take months to accomplish, so this quest cannot be botted. Also, this quest will need you to be at 30k+ or so aps, or something along those lines to qualify. This could be anything and I'm up for suggestions.

2. Making the quest do-able only ONCE. There are some benefits to classes in a few instances. Keeping this quest a "one-time" do-able quest will prevent jumping between classes to benefit from said events. This will also make the players that want to change classes think hard before deciding if they want to do it.

As you can see, from my suggestion this is targetted at players that have been playing 1 class for years and would now like to move on to a different class instead of starting from the scratch.

Please leave your feedback down. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about this. ^~^

Ign: Eyewrist ❤️

firebelt & crystalkiller
12-05-2020, 01:02 AM
A couple of friends and I were talking and came up with this. They are a bunch of wusses so I had to make this account myself to post about it.
How about introducing a system where the game allows us to change the class of our current character? Sounds crude but hear me out, please.
Arcane Legends has always been a basic 3-class RPG unlike PL and the other crazy RPGs out there with loads of classes that you can try out. This would give the players the ability to change class without having to start over from the bottom again

But like all bold systems, class change could also be abused so it needs to be kept in check.

This can be done by:
1. Making it into a reward for an extreme quest that might take months to accomplish, so this quest cannot be botted. Also, this quest will need you to be at 30k+ or so aps, or something along those lines to qualify. This could be anything and I'm up for suggestions.
2. Making the quest do-able only ONCE. There are some benefits to classes in a few instances. Keeping this quest a "one-time" do-able quest will prevent jumping between classes to benefit from said events. This will also make the players that want to change classes think hard before deciding if they want to do it.

As you can see, from my suggestion this is targetted at players that have been playing 1 class for years and would now like to move on to a different class instead of starting from the scratch.

Please leave your feedback down. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about this.It's not that hard to level to 76.
And you said to make it crazy hard to do it.. That seems harder than lvling to 76.
If u grind 1-2 hrs a day u can hit 76 in 2 weeks or smthing. Feels good with current system.
-1 from me

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Mythocrisis
12-05-2020, 01:07 AM
It will render the speed leveling system none existent.
Will lose money for that feature so it's not going to happen and many have countless alts nowadays..if you know what I mean.

Stonks
12-05-2020, 01:09 AM
It's not that hard to level to 76.
And you said to make it crazy hard to do it.. That seems harder than lvling to 76.
If u grind 1-2 hrs a day u can hit 76 in 2 weeks or smthing. Feels good with current system.
-1 from me

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

That is true! But "building from scratch" isn't just about levelling up! You are not taking into consideration the aps, pve records, pets and the other character bound entities that may either be impossible, or cost a fortune if you're making a new toon ^_^

Stonks
12-05-2020, 01:13 AM
It will render the speed leveling system none existent.
Will lose money for that feature so it's not going to happen and many have countless alts nowadays..if you know what I mean.

By speed levelling do you mean the dailies system or the 500 plats to lv70 one?

Mythocrisis
12-05-2020, 01:26 AM
By speed levelling do you mean the dailies system or the 500 plats to lv70 one?

I mean the 500 plats one.
And giving this option for 30k aps only players is not a good idea since that's a narrow pool of people and won't be fair to the others.

Tookyo
12-05-2020, 02:48 AM
Just level 3 classes to 76 and switch whenever u want , thats what i do

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ZZTop
12-05-2020, 09:04 AM
That is true! But "building from scratch" isn't just about levelling up! You are not taking into consideration the aps, pve records, pets and the other character bound entities that may either be impossible, or cost a fortune if you're making a new toon ^_^I mean most of the aps you get back while leveling, people use slots on pets so only the base pet would need to be bought again, aps for 150 pets costs like 300k tops, and waaay less if you wait for eggzavier, and unless your idea suggests some crazy thing like turning your war gear into rog gear( for ex. taint axe to taint daggs etc) theres really not a lot to benefit out of this.

Trimis de pe al meu VOG-L29 folosind Tapatalk

Arachnophobik
12-05-2020, 11:53 AM

This can be done by:

Please leave your feedback down. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about this. ^~^

We have the same friend! AAAAAA

Saint Jaffo
12-05-2020, 04:44 PM
+1, I really like the concept of this.

PostNoob
12-05-2020, 04:51 PM
Just sounds weird in general and has way more cons than pros.

Don't take this the wrong way but its a very selfish idea.

Neverr
12-05-2020, 04:58 PM
-1 we dont need this. Lvling isn't as hard as it use to be and I believe this idea was shot down by the devs years ago.

Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk

Stonks
12-06-2020, 01:13 AM
Just sounds weird in general and has way more cons than pros.

Don't take this the wrong way but its a very selfish idea.

List a few of them please, I'd love to hear them out.
I really don't understand how this could be selfish. I have 3 capped toons, each fully geared. I like switching between them for different purposes.
This is a harmless suggestion for the game. Not everything has to be for a personal gain! We all have our ideas that we'd like to share with everyone :) You can either drop your feedback or walk away. No need to judge anyone here!
<3

Stonks
12-06-2020, 01:21 AM
We have the same friend! AAAAAA

Aww ello! ^-^

Ilove_Poopoo
12-06-2020, 01:36 AM
2. Making the quest do-able only ONCE. There are some benefits to classes in a few instances. Keeping this quest a "one-time" do-able quest will prevent jumping between classes to benefit from said events.

All I see is switching last minute during events. Even if you modify, such that you can not switch during events, then how about top/hardcore/seasonal lbs?

This idea ain't it tbh. Players would just play on the easiest class to gain aps, then switch, which is doing the bare minimum for maximum return relative to classes.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Stonks
12-06-2020, 01:53 AM
All I see is switching last minute during events. Even if you modify, such that you can not switch during events, then how about top/hardcore/seasonal lbs?

This idea ain't it tbh. Players would just play on the easiest class to gain aps, then switch, which is doing the bare minimum for maximum return relative to classes.

Agreed! And I'm aware of that but I have already addressed the same. Once a player changes class they can't change back, it's permanent in order to prevent an abuse for lbs, easily running maps and so on.
Making it a permanent change might be extreme, but also makes players consider all possibilities before they make a decision about changing class. This is what I've tried to explain here:-

Stonks
12-06-2020, 02:00 AM
I mean the 500 plats one.
And giving this option for 30k aps only players is not a good idea since that's a narrow pool of people and won't be fair to the others.

Ah I see what you mean! How would you feel if this feature was premium as well? Say, for like 1.7k plats or so instead of the quests?

Ilove_Poopoo
12-06-2020, 02:04 AM
Yes I'm aware of that and have addressed the same. Once a player changes class they can't change back, it's permanent in order to prevent an abuse for lbs, easily running maps and so on.
Making it a permanent change might be extreme, but also makes players and consider all possibilities before they make a decision about changing class. This is what I've tried to explain here:-The player switches during events to receive the main prize.

So how exactly does your solution address anything. They were already rewarded the main prize by doing the bare minimum, so they wouldn't care less if they can't switch back.

Theres a reason class lbs are there, so only the same classes are at the same track.