PDA

View Full Version : Pin code for stash!

Fabz
08-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Hey developers and u other guys!

Since stashing money is possible nowdays amd more people getting scammed on everything than ever, I would like to recommend PIN CODE to the stash.

This would make me and many players more secure!

I think this is absolutely nessecerly!

/ Fabz

ishibashi
08-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Hey developers and u other guys!

Since stashing money is possible nowdays amd more people getting scammed on everything than ever, I would like to recommend PIN CODE to the stash.

This would make me and many players more secure!

I think this is absolutely nessecerly!

/ Fabz
well i think this is a bit of a smart idea but atm i dont think thats the best thing to put their time into , everyone on PL knows not to give out your email and or password - and besides i think they are better off using their time making more dungeons and alla that good stuff lol

asommers
08-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Shouldn't be too difficult.

-ALS

Fabz
08-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Thx Ishi for answering but PL on Facebook Makes it easier to emailhack. This is just an example.

Thx Asommers for taking ur time. If its not too hard I strongly suggest this :)

KingFu
08-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Just one question, why? If you are the only one accessing your account, and if you don't give your account info to anyone, like the devs suggest, you should be safe.

Fabz
08-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Mystical u dont get it.. Hackers can access ur information without u giving it out. Maybe u Open some email u think is safe that give all ur information to them. An email they got from the Facebook group...
Ive heard like 10-20 People complaining about Theyre accounts getting cleaned!

KingFu
08-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Mystical u dont get it.. Hackers can access ur information without u giving it out. Maybe u Open some email u think is safe that give all ur information to them. An email they got from the Facebook group...
Ive heard like 10-20 People complaining about Theyre accounts getting cleaned!

Didn't hear about that, but the devs said that they won't ask for the players account info, granted probably not everyone got the message.

Fabz
08-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes I agree its not to hard being safe without pincode, mostly thinking about all the younger and newer players that dont have that much experience. If its not to hard to establish, why shouldnt we? It wouldnt harm anyone?

Snakespeare
08-10-2010, 03:26 PM
IDK, man... Where are these people who got hacked? Why don't they say so here, or report it? They think things will get better by complaining to friends?

You are saying that someone can figure out your email and password from Facebook? Then you need a better password. Don't use your puppy's name and then put a picture of your puppy on your Facebook page.

Sounds more like a disconnect between the keyboard and chair...

bmc85uk
08-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Can't say I agree with you Fabz, I've never played a game with a pin code on your bank; I'm sure I'd find it incredibly irritating. You speak about hacking like it's a common occurrence, in all my years of playing MMOs I've never had it happen to me, and heard about it happening to less than a handful of friends.

With all the scamming that goes on in game I'm not surprised people get 'hacked', I've seen plenty of kids on these forums saying they'd lost stuff, and every time it turns out to be a fault on their part.

Some simple rules that will steer you in good stead:-

DON'T SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT. Most MMOs don't even allow account sharing, for obvious very good reasons.
DON'T EVER GIVE OUT YOUR ACCOUNT EMAIL OR PASSWORD. Especially not to let someone 'buy you platinum'. If you are a minor, and can't buy your own platinum, you need to ask permission from your parent/guardian or pay for an iTunes card. We were all young once, and we didn't always get what we wanted, I had to clean my dads car once a week to pay for my subscriptions so deal with it.

STS need to enforce a no account sharing rule, it does happen in games that don't allow it, but the important thing that all of the naive people need to learn is; you share your account and get scammed - it's YOUR fault.

Funny story actually - I let this guy I met on the Internet share my house once; one day I came home to an empty house, so I phoned the police and was like 'omgwtf I got hacked!!!111oneoneeleven', you know what they said? 'Welcome to the real world.'

That was infact, not a true story. But you get the idea.

Cascade
08-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey bmc there is this little thing called "hacking". I believe we do need a pin code and I have played MMO's with pin codes on banks it secures most of your stuff from hackers.

bmc85uk
08-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Which games were those exactly? And AFAIK if an account is actually hacked, it's eligible to be fully restored by a moderator.

Cascade
08-10-2010, 04:48 PM
The only thing a pin code could do is benefit the game.

bmc85uk
08-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Ok well you ignored my question but fair enough.

A pincode could also be very annoying to people like myself who don't want to type in a code every time I want access to my stash, that is of course if the pincode is mandatory and not optional; by all means add the feature, but make it optional.

Also, when accounts do get hacked, people will still contact support to have things restored that weren't protected by the stash, and if an account can be hacked - so can a stash, so it doesn't really make a huge difference.

okram
08-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Interesting idea but I don't agree with it. I also don't want to enter a pin every time I open my stash.

Iambirdman
08-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Question!

Why the hell in the world would someone take the time and hack to get some game gold? I am stumped!

bmc85uk
08-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Mainstream MMO accounts, sure, people sell them for huge amounts of money, and with all the time and effort it takes to max out characters compared to PL, I can see why they'd be at risk.

But PL? I agree; a little bit under the radar for hacking.

jonboy
08-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I personally hate this idea and if implemented the person responsible should be made to answer all the "I forgot my pin" emails ;)

TylerBoyd
08-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Can't say I agree with you Fabz, I've never played a game with a pin code on your bank; I'm sure I'd find it incredibly irritating. You speak about hacking like it's a common occurrence, in all my years of playing MMOs I've never had it happen to me, and heard about it happening to less than a handful of friends.

With all the scamming that goes on in game I'm not surprised people get 'hacked', I've seen plenty of kids on these forums saying they'd lost stuff, and every time it turns out to be a fault on their part.

Some simple rules that will steer you in good stead:-

DON'T SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT. Most MMOs don't even allow account sharing, for obvious very good reasons.
DON'T EVER GIVE OUT YOUR ACCOUNT EMAIL OR PASSWORD. Especially not to let someone 'buy you platinum'. If you are a minor, and can't buy your own platinum, you need to ask permission from your parent/guardian or pay for an iTunes card. We were all young once, and we didn't always get what we wanted, I had to clean my dads car once a week to pay for my subscriptions so deal with it.

STS need to enforce a no account sharing rule, it does happen in games that don't allow it, but the important thing that all of the naive people need to learn is; you share your account and get scammed - it's YOUR fault.

Funny story actually - I let this guy I met on the Internet share my house once; one day I came home to an empty house, so I phoned the police and was like 'omgwtf I got hacked!!!111oneoneeleven', you know what they said? 'Welcome to the real world.'

That was infact, not a true story. But you get the idea.

That is probably the most deepest thing i have ever read.... u sir deserve a cookie.

Fabz
08-12-2010, 04:23 AM
Haha I'm glad the response is so big!

My experience is from Runescape, millions of players, that uses Pin Code for the bank.
This feature should be voluntary and you have to activate the function to make it work, like in Runescape.

Hayabusaz
08-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah.. I Didn't Heard About People Getting Hacked .. If it's Real, Than It's A Shame !

Smartress
08-13-2010, 05:28 PM
I agree with Fabs, but make it optional.

I used to play wow, had my account being hacked and everything cleaned, takes month to get restored.

Dizko
08-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Good idea, optional tho please.

Fabz
08-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Optional of course, thats very important. This would just increase the securitylevel for me :)

Gamelova
08-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah and if you forgot the code just ask for a request to get your pin code back or get a new one by your e-mail.

Fabz
08-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Yes and like Runescape had: like 2 weeks delay before pin get activated/changed so that no hacker can benefit from this!