PDA

View Full Version : Kiting in L23-35 PvP (tips)

Nick41324
04-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Since I deleted my L30 mage guide, I thought I should make up for it by creating this "semi"-guide.

L23-35 Kiting

If you play in L23-35 PvP, you have probably seen a lot of kiters these days compared to about 2-3 months ago.

-How do you get around this? You dont.. If you try to nuke a kiter, your going to fail terribly. Why? They want you to waste your drain so they can move up and nuke you after your drain is gone (great tactic).
Many low level bears are now being forced to use 6 beckon to get around the kiters.

-Well, what kind of skill/gear build should I use? One with at least 5 fire so you will have 12m range; 6 fire is not necessary. You can take 1 point off of 6 fire and put it on something that will offer a bit more help such as drain or heal (drain over heal for kiting then nuking). It takes skill/timing to use heal in the middle of your nuke and is very difficult to do and not really recommended. Lets not forget 6 Blessing of Vitality and 6 Bless of Might are always needed for any mage past level 30. (No full skill build :( sorry. Check out the link in my signature if you need one.)
Shivering has taken over L30 mage pvp (for the time being) because of the ability to use a Dex Dmg ring (11 dmg 1 crit%). You will always win a fight against a Int mage if you both use mana shield at the same time because of the incredible dps and slightly better def a dex setup offers.
In a FFA situation, i would defiantly go with int over dex because of the ability to gain mana faster.

-How exactly do I kite? It does take a bit of practice to get used to. For kiting, try using the combo: Buffs, fire, ice, move back, heal if hurt or frozen, move up, drain, light, ice, fire OR drain, ice, fire, light OR drain, light, fire, ice.

Check out this video to watch how I kite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1at5AQ9sOT0

Sryyoulose
04-06-2012, 05:41 PM
That's not necessarily true... You can beat a kiter by nuke. You come at 12m they fire u ice, heal, run towards, drain, ice light, fire... Gg kiter depending on build.

Nick41324
04-06-2012, 10:00 PM
I would like to fight u :D

Zenidal
04-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Nick, when I clicked on the video link, it says "this video is private, sorry about that".

Buddyf97
04-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Nick, when I clicked on the video link, it says "this video is private, sorry about that".

Same here! Nick, when you view the video make sure it says that it is public.

Nick41324
04-08-2012, 11:45 AM
I made it so you can only click on it if you have a link D: I'll try to fix it Monday.

Zerious
04-09-2012, 11:58 AM
That's not necessarily true... You can beat a kiter by nuke. You come at 12m they fire u ice, heal, run towards, drain, ice light, fire... Gg kiter depending on build.

this with a nuke build that runs 1 BOV and 5 fire and 5 drain the rest in lightning. GG kiter. Haven't been effectively kited with this setup yet :) Usually it takes 3 consecutive lucky crits to beat me