PDA

View Full Version : EXP Things.

Reaper
04-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Meh. This is an edited post. My other post was longer and fail. I think that we should still get small exp from mosters below us. Because I like FC but my cool char can't level there. If I help pals, I would like to level too, bye bye.

Deathshock
04-17-2010, 05:20 PM
The whole point is to buy the new campaigns so you can level. If you can get exp from lower level monsters there is less of a point to buying the new campaigns.

Splurd
04-17-2010, 05:27 PM
But what is the point?

Firstly, the reason why lvl 13 is the limit, is because they want people to buy their map packs. Forest Haven is simply a trial map pack, free for the first 13 levels. After that you move on. So to allow lvl 13 people to continue to level means that people will feel less inclined to buy map packs.
Well, maybe. Perhaps the frustration of killing the same monsters over and over for diminishing returns will motivate them to shop. :p

Other then non paying players, I cant see a reason why someone over level 13 would want to go back to Forest Haven, other then to bully or show off to the lowbies :p

Banned
04-17-2010, 05:37 PM
I think he means that if you purchased the map packs that increase the level cap you shouldn't have to level in just that map pack. Let's say I purchased Lost Expedition but I wanna get to level 30 in FC. Shouldn't I be able to? I think so atleast.

_ck
04-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Being a god that steps on ants shouldn't get you XP.

Splurd
04-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Being a god that steps on ants shouldn't get you XP.

Well he was saying we should use diminishing returns to limit the exp. So the ant stepping God still gets exp, but the amount gained would be insignificant. Which to me, is a... redundant feature I guess.

Xanthia
04-17-2010, 09:15 PM
I do not think this will ever happen. If one looks at all the big MMO's i.e (EQ2, WoW) Once one get to a certain level you do not receive XP from mobs below a certain percentage level of ones level. I think this is fighting a losing battle.

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 01:49 AM
I do not think this will ever happen. If one looks at all the big MMO's i.e (EQ2, WoW) Once one get to a certain level you do not receive XP from mobs below a certain percentage level of ones level. I think this is fighting a losing battle.

This is exactly why it'll never change.