PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still having trouble farming for the Easter Ears?

Skeletonlord
04-06-2012, 06:36 AM
What's up Spacetime Community!

Today, I did countless runs at "Skeller Krunch, Pentacle of Pain" with lwmark and kaiserwarrior, and a few others, and I must of ran that area a good 25+ times.

I kept getting legendary pinks, no vanities at all. Has any of you got the easter ears at this place and if so when? Someone said that they got bone ears on their first run, but thats the only time ive heard someone getting the rare vanity.

Are any of you having trouble getting the easter vanities? I'd love to know your issues and if you are, how you are.

Then Apollo told me a brilliant method of farming the area effectively. I dont know how, but Apollo got bone and flame there. I was doing the same thing he was. Here is what we done if you did'nt know. Try this method yourself and see if you are getting the vanities.

1. Make sure you have filled up all the whole dungeon (all 4 people)

2. Each person take a corridoor.

3. Go up the corridoor, dont kill the boss at each end, and lure it into the spawn zone.

4. Once all 4 players have returned to the spawn with a boss each, together, kill them all in one. You should hopefully get pinks and purples everytime, maybe vanities.

JaytB
04-06-2012, 06:46 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=54285

Sryyoulose
04-06-2012, 06:50 AM
The drop rate for a party of 5 is like one every 6 runs. The first 23 times I saw ears drop, I didn't get any! However after 11 Hours of constant farming I got! 5Ears! So 1Ear every 2 hours of farming.

Skeletonlord
04-06-2012, 07:09 AM
I guess I should keep what I am doing up. I'm sure this is a valid path to take, its just that i am not doing enough runs. Thanks guys, happy farming!

MrKrone
04-06-2012, 07:18 AM
After 75+ runs of scc, i switched to pentacle. On my first run, i got flame ears. Teehee.

zeusabe
04-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Looted several rabbit ears (5 on hand, sold 1, looted total of 6), no secret method, just straight up boss killing as quickly as possible to get in more runs. I believe we still have several days left, take it easy. Good luck!!!

Fao
04-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I ran a good 50+ by myself there and got nothing, then around 15+ with Swim, still nothing!!:(

RaptorBlitz
04-06-2012, 08:14 AM
I got my ears in such a weird fashion. The first game, I was running with Lwmark and I ran into the room directly behind the spawn to kill the boss (Pentacle of Pain). I got this freak 20k lag spike and poof, when I got back, my party had killed the boss and I got Bone Ears, which I promptly sold for 220k. Then, after a small break, I got into another run with mark and poof, my targeting thing messed up and I couldn't shoot the boss. You can guess what happened next. Icy Ears for me :) I sold for 145k to Lwmark. Both times I had done practically nothing and I got the ears. Twice in a row, as well! Now I've completed my Rift set, which I will wear for leveling up on double xp weekend.

Another thing: If you've only just started farming for ears, HURRY UP. Prices are going into a nosedive now that Britain is getting it's Good Friday, and when America wakes, expect ears to sell for 20k. I managed to sell both my ears for almost 400k, but you might not be so lucky. Will be buying after event is over so I can re sell a few months later for a lot more :)

Windwaiker
04-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Hi, I'm looking for a party to farm ears. So far, I've tried doing skellers, but I got nothing while I saw two ice ears drop lol

KTpantyhose
04-06-2012, 06:44 PM
lucky that you got pinks. i keep getting nothing at all. i havent gotten anything in months.

slaveleia
04-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Ugh!! No luck here either, my luck sucks even with bigger luck...I farmed Pentacle of Pain for over three hrs straight & all I got was PAIN! A lower level player dropped two ears in like 10 mins next to me! Ice & fire ones...this event is killing me bayou boss brawl looks promising but didn't pay off either

Garzoth
04-06-2012, 09:17 PM
I got both icy and flame at Pentacle of Pain using the method stated in the first post

Skeletonlord
04-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Hey guys,

I picked up a pair of "bone rabbit ears" from Sparky in "Pentacle Of Pain!" after about 100 runs, so don't be discouraged! They do drop!

I found that it is much quicker to get a pair if you follow the method I said in the OP. If you follow that and continually do that at Pentacle Of Pain I guarantee that you will get a pair of bone rabbit ears!

Another way is you can buy them from the cs fairly cheaply if you are really stuck and can't get them at all!
Current price: Icy- 90-110k
Flame-160k+
Bone- 110k+