PDA

View Full Version : Gear as a pseudo vanity

Deathpunch
04-06-2012, 09:08 PM
I do believe this has been suggested before, but I'm unsure if a thread for discussion had been made. If so, forgive me. :D

Since I've had a bit of down time from SL, I've been playing DC Universe Online. They have this nifty feature where any and all gear you collect goes under a "styles" tab. You can get rid of the gear, and equip the best you can find, and use those stats. Then go into your styles tab and equip a different look for the various pieces of equipment. I think this would be an excellent addition to SL and PL. That way, people could be fully geared up with level appropriate gear, but could change the way they look so we all don't look like cookie cutter toons. It may also change the dynamic of PvP, as you wouldn't be able to see what your opponent has equipped. Just a thought, I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but I personally feel it would be a great addition.

I would have it as a separate tab from the vanity slots so you would still be able to equip your actual vanities.

What's everyone's opinion on this?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Ardon
04-06-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm all for any type of customization.

Sent from my CM9 powered Droid X

Lady_Pebbles
04-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Looks like they are headed into that direction with the release of the level cap vanities. A few more updates of level caps and we will be able to complete our vanity sets. Allowing us to wear them over our gear so they won't know what our stats might be like. Especially since we are now allowed to hide our stats & arena info with plat.

Arterra
04-06-2012, 10:04 PM
SL and PL both, this sounds good. And no, it should not deter store/vanity item purchases, since they mostly are bought for the unique looks, not things like stats.

Deathpunch
04-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Looks like they are headed into that direction with the release of the level cap vanities. A few more updates of level caps and we will be able to complete our vanity sets. Allowing us to wear them over our gear so they won't know what our stats might be like. Especially since we are now allowed to hide our stats & arena info with plat.

While cap vanities are a good start, I mean any and all gear that you equip becomes available in the styles tab. Wether you still own it or not. This way, you could be a fully geared and capped toon, but wander around with low level gear showing.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

pizzaman
04-07-2012, 01:20 AM
I think it would be an excellent idea. And I'm afraid STS will go "yeah we'll use it for the game we release after DL, while we keep on recycling PL events in SL to maximize our profit from that game without any effort"

Deathpunch
04-07-2012, 06:56 AM
I think it would be an excellent idea. And I'm afraid STS will go "yeah we'll use it for the game we release after DL, while we keep on recycling PL events in SL to maximize our profit from that game without any effort"

ME-OW! Put them claws away! Lol! I see your point, but not having played PL during these events, it isn't that bad for me. With PL and SL seemingly similar, other than appearances, in the menus, I would assume the coding could be applied to both with a minimum of change.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Deathpunch
05-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Hey, Sam! What do you think about this?

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Theminecraft
05-04-2012, 05:13 PM
add me on dc universe online pc ign: Theminecraft

flashbackflip
05-06-2012, 07:08 PM