PDA

View Full Version : DL Question.

Sparco
04-06-2012, 11:17 PM
I heard that there will be a age limit for DL is it true?

Arterra
04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
I think that after "I have read the terms and conditions", "I am over 18" is the internet's most common lie. I think age limit or no, I doubt there will be a way to enforce it.

Seasiz
04-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Lets hope there isnt a dl age limit

Sparco
04-06-2012, 11:26 PM
If they put a age limit,it might be there lost because most of the gamers are young(including myself).

Commanderkeen
04-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Hey guys theres a quote from sam in the faq about the age limit.

Sparco
04-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Hey guys theres a quote from sam in the faq about the age limit.
Thank you!

Skeletonlord
04-07-2012, 12:46 AM
The age limit for iOS devices will be 17+, so android and chrome users should be around that age somewhere.

Sparco
04-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Do we have to put our birthday in the registration?

Skeletonlord
04-07-2012, 01:36 AM
Do we have to put our birthday in the registration?

Well, you needed to for the Dark Legends website, but if you have an existing Spacetime studios Pocket/Star Legends account all you will need to do is download the free game when it comes out, go to the log in screen, and use the same details when you log in to PL/SL.

Sparco
04-07-2012, 01:38 AM
Nice!

Skeletonlord
04-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Nice!

Is there anything else that you need help with? I'll be glad to help you out if I know the answer.

Sparco
04-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Is there anything else that you need help with? I'll be glad to help you out if I know the answer.

How bloody is it?

Skeletonlord
04-07-2012, 02:13 AM
Now that hasn't been revealed yet, but you can kind of get an idea about that from the preview videos that Spacetime are releasing. Catch up with these videos in "Dark Legends Announcements" if you havent already. They are about 30 seconds long.

Lowlyspy
04-07-2012, 03:24 AM
Sam posted the DL ToS in the announcements section. Toward the bottom it clearly states 18+.

Skeletonlord
04-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Sam posted the DL ToS in the announcements section. Toward the bottom it clearly states 18+.

You are wrong there lowly. Sam told me in a private message iOS age will be 17+. Hang on, I will get a quote:

"The game will be rated (on iOS) as 17+" So, basically when the iOS version is released it will be 17+ according to this PM.

Elyseon
04-07-2012, 09:20 AM
The ToS says 18+

7. YOUR REPRESENTATION TO SPACETIME
As a material inducement to SPACETIME entering into this EULA with you, you represent to SPACETIME that: (i) you are over eighteen (18) years of age, and have the full and unrestricted legal right to enter into agreements; (ii) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo or has been designated by the U.S. government as a 'terrorist nation'; and (iii) you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties.

Updated Date: March 22, 2012

So unless they change it again, it will be 18+

trixie
04-07-2012, 09:24 AM
You are wrong there lowly. Sam told me in a private message iOS age will be 17+. Hang on, I will get a quote:

"The game will be rated (on iOS) as 17+" So, basically when the iOS version is released it will be 17+ according to this PM.

At the bottom of dl TOS it does say 18 under item 7 near the bottom. While in both pl and sl this same section read 13.

I can post links if needed. I went to read after seeing this thread because I thought was 17+ too. So now Idk but looks like 18+
If not they will probably have to change TOS to reflect this.

Edit: here's the links to all three tos

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=27985

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=11694

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=52854
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Elyseon
04-07-2012, 09:30 AM
So i will just say 18+ ftw!

trixie
04-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Ninja'd lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Skeletonlord
04-07-2012, 09:53 AM
If it will be 18+, why did sam say iOS will be 17+? Unless Spacetime has changed the TOS, I agree with sam's message.

Deathpunch
04-07-2012, 09:59 AM
If it will be 18+, why did sam say iOS will be 17+? Unless Spacetime has changed the TOS, I agree with sam's message.

Even though we have actual quotes from released ToS agreements, and yours is a supposed quote from a pm? Believe what you want. STS, Sam included, is bound by their ToS as much as we are.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

*Zero*
04-07-2012, 02:18 PM

Bro thats apple app store age for downloading games. Now the age to to actually play the game is up to STS. So it says 18+ to play, so you have to he 18+ to play DL.

Apples tuaw: http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#GIFTS
Google play tos: http://play.google.com/about/terms.html

Elyseon
04-07-2012, 03:50 PM

Maybe the app store doesnt do an 18+ rating, but regaurdless what Apple rates it, it will be a bannable offense to play if ur under 18, unless they change the ToS again

Skeletonlord
04-07-2012, 04:04 PM
I dont know if I am supposed to reveal this, but I will. Sam also said in the private message he sent me that it is up to you if you are underage and you want to play. For example, me and woundedeagle are the same age, and wound is going to play Dark Legends when it comes out.
I get zombie and vampire games brought for me, so I should have no issue with Dark Legends.
Of course, he added check with your parents. I should be fine to play if I really want to.

Lowlyspy
04-07-2012, 04:06 PM
I dont know if I am supposed to reveal this, but I will. Sam also said in the private message he sent me that it is up to you if you are underage and you want to play. For example, me and woundedeagle are the same age, and wound is going to play Dark Legends when it comes out.
I get zombie and vampire games brought for me, so I should have no issue with Dark Legends.
Of course, he added check with your parents. I should be fine to play if I really want to.

Heard this already. How can you prove you have parent permission? Other than going to spacetime there is no sure way to prove you have spoken to your parents, even in emails because it's easy to make a fake email and play pretend.

Skeletonlord
04-07-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't know yet but the game hasn't been released yet so I cannot be sure at this point. I might speak to Sam at launch about the issue.

Ardon
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
I don't know yet but the game hasn't been released yet so I cannot be sure at this point. I might speak to Sam at launch about the issue.

Then why are you spewing info as if it were 100% true?

Seriously people need to stop, be quiet and wait for actual info that is from the devs with proof.

Sent from my CM9 powered Droid X

Elyseon
04-07-2012, 04:50 PM
No the ToS is the End-User Liscensing Agreement
End User means the one playing it, not your parents buying it for you. Your parents can buy you a game that is rated 18+.
But in this case, as it says in the log in screen 'By pressing play you agree to the dark legends terms of service', which as we know say that you are 18+, to press play otherwise would be lying/breaking the ToS

The ToS also warns that a violation could result in a ban, therefore if you play and are under 18, it means you are fully aware that you are playing at your own risk and could be banned at any time

Carth
04-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Seriously people need to stop, be quiet and wait for actual info that is from the devs with proof.

Agreed. People freaking out over this game, trying to find all sorts of information and making false claims for whatever reason (attention; being the information guru/hero), have already ruined the hype I had for DL. :/

Seriously, what do you guys do all day?

*Zero*
04-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Agreed. People freaking out over this game, trying to find all sorts of information and making false claims for whatever reason (attention; being the information guru/hero), have already ruined the hype I had for DL. :/

Seriously, what do you guys do all day?

Totally Agree.

Deathpunch
04-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Totally Agree.

+1

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Commanderkeen
04-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes ppl are freaking out just a lil to much and if you have a question just head over to the faq thats why i made it so threads like this would not start. All the info is on there and its all info from this site and most is straight from a devs mouth.

Shaocalur
04-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Sam told me on chat one day that each market will set it's own age limit for the game.

/My 2 cents
-Shao

Sparco
04-07-2012, 08:43 PM
I asked DL in facebook and this is what they said "Each market where you will be able to download the game (Google Play, Apple App Store, Chrome Webstore) all have their own rating system, but the game will be rated Mature. If you're under 18, you would want to talk to your parents about it."

Skeletonlord
04-08-2012, 03:23 AM
I asked DL in facebook and this is what they said "Each market where you will be able to download the game (Google Play, Apple App Store, Chrome Webstore) all have their own rating system, but the game will be rated Mature. If you're under 18, you would want to talk to your parents about it."

That's exactly what I was speaking about. Sorry I keep talking about it, but I am really looking forward to it! I cant help it if I am looking forward to it!

Arterra
04-08-2012, 03:47 AM
arrrgh forum freak out over the wording of something... 18+ or 17+, counts towards the same general rating: M for mature (intense violence, drugs, and/or much nudity)
probably should set it to the gaming world's rating system of letters to keep us guessing even more...

...and as I said pretty much at the top of the thread, it doesn't matter what rating they put it to.

*Zero*
04-08-2012, 09:00 AM
arrrgh forum freak out over the wording of something... 18+ or 17+, counts towards the same general rating: M for mature (intense violence, drugs, and/or much nudity)
probably should set it to the gaming world's rating system of letters to keep us guessing even more...

...and as I said pretty much at the top of the thread, it doesn't matter what rating they put it to.
Yep i even posted links too both app stores TOS, but nbody reads they just post what they want without even knowing whats going on.

Taipan
04-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Take a look at this:
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/Taipan714/52abbfa1.jpg
These are the Apple App Store ratings. You decide yourself what you think DL would be rated, and wait till it is released.

Deathpunch
04-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Take a look at this:
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/Taipan714/52abbfa1.jpg
These are the Apple App Store ratings. You decide yourself what you think it is, and wait till it is released.

Going by that, the fact that it accesses the internet because it's a mmo game automatically makes it 17+, regardless of any actual mature content. Still, wouldn't that make any app that has in-app ads be 17+ due to the fact of internet access needed for them?

All in all, its a moot point, as the STS DL ToS itself states 18+. So, unless they change that, anyone younger would be in violation and subject to removal, just as the under 13 crowd are in PL and SL.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Taipan
04-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Going by that, the fact that it accesses the internet because it's a mmo game automatically makes it 17+, regardless of any actual mature content. Still, wouldn't that make any app that has in-app ads be 17+ due to the fact of internet access needed for them?

All in all, its a moot point, as the STS DL ToS itself states 18+. So, unless they change that, anyone younger would be in violation and subject to removal, just as the under 13 crowd are in PL and SL.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
I give up

ArtStar
04-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Is this debate actually happening again?
Lol guys just wait and see....

Deathpunch
04-08-2012, 06:05 PM

Sadly, yes, and I've allowed myself to be drawn into it. All the "but, but, but Sam said" kids are digging for any reason they can. None of them supercede the ToS, so they can just keep digging. And, I've allowed myself to get pulled in again. LOL. I just wish they'd release the dang thing so people would shut up about the age limit.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Elyseon
04-08-2012, 06:24 PM

Sadly, yes, and I've allowed myself to be drawn into it. All the "but, but, but Sam said" kids are digging for any reason they can. None of them supercede the ToS, so they can just keep digging. And, I've allowed myself to get pulled in again. LOL. I just wish they'd release the dang thing so people would shut up about the age limit.

Yeh seriously, its like u go to a state park with a lake that has a no swimming sign. This doesnt matter for you though, cuz uve had swim lessons and previous experience swimming. If you jump in and swim and are caught you will get kicked out. Your personal assessment does not override the rules