PDA

View Full Version : few questions

Donut
08-10-2010, 02:57 AM
been playing for a few weeks now. have a lvl 43 enchantress which is my main. and a lvl 26 Archer that i dont really bother with.originally tried the bear but just never liked the 'warrior' types in any MMO. i seem to like the attacks the enchantress has over the other 2 characters. also preferred the look up until 1.3 came about.

i met a lot of nice people when i was starting out. they were all very kind and informative. helped me in getting through the first few levels. made playing the game really fun and mellow.

though it seems like lately theres been a lot of rudeness in each group of folks i play with in just about every map i go into. its like people now have an attitude or maybe take the game a bit too seriously. so it peaked my curiosity as to what is considered proper conduct plus i feel very chatty haha.

so my first question is , since i am an enchantress that has the ability to heal and revive..is it my obligation to heal and revive every member in the team?
cause when i go in, i go in with the mindset of just attacking the enemy. i use the different spells to reduce the armor of the opponent, etc. etc. and just try to eliminate all the targets as best i can. its all about survival to me. rarely do i ever just follow a group while monitoring their stats. i dont ignore the fact that i can replenish health and respawn someone, but its not my top priority. especially when im struggling to stay alive. in the past each member, despite the type of character, always used their own potions to keep them going in a battle. i trained myself to do the same and its gotten me through some intense situations.whereas in the beginning i neglected that potions were even an option. i now expect other players to do the same and carry their own weight without being a nuisance to the group.

its just been getting annoying when people are constantly saying 'rev' 'rev please' 'REV ME NOW!!' whenever they get killed. throwing out commands like 'heal' and 'revive' they stand still waiting there until i do. almost makes it seem abusive. while im there doing my best to finish off a boss or trying to clear out a corner. almost every time when i make the choice of going over to someone to bring them back, i end up getting myself killed because i lose focus of what my health and mana levels are or what attack i can execute in that instant.
even worse when people are just too damn lazy to respawn , especially when the entrance is just around the corner or not even a few steps away. they just sit there waiting for me to bring them back, they could wait several minutes because they refuse to take 3 seconds to just respawn and get back into the fight.
almost makes me want to tell them off, but i dont want to get booted or end up with a bad reputation. since i still feel that im a newbie since i havent been playing from the initial release of the game or know every slang term and detail of the game.

the other night i was with a group of lvl 40s. and one had asked if i would heal them up consistently while fighting bosses. i responded by saying 'sure i dont mind as long as i dont get raped in the process'. their reply was 'its not rape, its called being a mage'
they completely misinterpreted what i said. what i meant was ill make the effort as long as i dont get killed in the process by the hoards of enemies, cause my enchantress still gets knocked down pretty easily. any hesitation in a heavy battle and i get killed before i can even react. they just kept lecturing me that its my job to keep everyone alive since i was the only enchantress in the group.
was ready to just exit the map, but well i wanted to get XP and finding a capable group is tough to find.

second question is. whats the deal with the 'pinks' and 'purples'??
each time i pickup whatever is in those colors, people keep buggin for me to sell or give them the item.
everything i seem to get is in those 2 colors but i cant seem to use any of them because i dont meet the stat requirements.
always have players that just drop into a game , see that im a high level and they instantly become a salesmen asking for 10,000 for 1 weapon that i cant even equip. yet when i see the info to sell it in the store, its worth like 130 gold or less.
is it a bad idea to tell these salesmen to take a hike? ive bought a couple of things from a few cause to me gold doesnt have much value. ive never used gold to purchase anything from the store or the merchants in town. platinum is what i prefer, since that seems to actually get me something.
do i need huge amounts of gold for something later on? is it smart to go about selling the items that ive picked up for thousands of gold?

third question: whats the deal with the slots? it always tells me 50 is the max amount i can hold, but it still picks up everything and goes past the 50 limit. which of course prevents me from joining a game or progressing to the next chapter of a map. is there a way to keep it from picking up items? i find myself having to spend a few minutes every time i complete a level, in getting rid of just about everything in my inventory just to be able to play the game.

fourth question: why is there always players under level 15 in AO1+2 ?? isnt that suicidal or do they just not know any better? is that considered cheating? they dont really offer any assistance and are kinda in the way taking up that spot that someone else could take.

fifth question: when you block a person. what does that do exactly? i was harassed by a couple of people for a while. anytime i joined their game or one they were in they would immediately boot me off every single time. then they followed me into a couple of other instances and just kept throwing profanity at me. i put them on the block list, yet they were still able to join the games i was in.
hasnt happened anymore since i switched characters and used different names.but i see that on the new character they are still on the blocklist.

last question: in AO2, why is it that in the 3rd chapter when getting to the genies, EVERYBODY ditches the game?? its been a reall challenge to progress through this map cause no one commits to finishing off each chapter. tried it about 15 times today and each time, once it gets to that specific point, everyone leaves right away. makes it harder to join a game since i cant join any that are in the later chapters. always says it has to be unlocked.

hopefully whoever reads this longwinded post can provide some insight. first time ive gotten myself to ask anything on here. so thought id just put it all out there.

Tore
08-10-2010, 03:03 AM
Hi i have the anwser to ur last q the reasin they stop at the end before getting to the boss like creatures is because they are power leveling which means that they level up really fast by just killing the mummys because you get 2exp per kill if u have a exp pot you get 4exp per kill...does that anwser ur q

Tore
08-10-2010, 03:04 AM
O and visit this like plz http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5440-Tore7778-s-Pink-and-Purp-Giveaway

josho_96
08-10-2010, 03:06 AM
yeh i get that revive, REV PLEASE, rev a lot since im an enchanter. but if i revive them and they dnt say thnx i dont revive them again later, but if their an enchanter i would appreciate that when i died they would revive me as well.

Tore
08-10-2010, 03:06 AM
Oh and the pink and purp question: pinks are the rarest items and purples are the 2nd rarest and if they wanna buy it for alot LET THEM i hope that helpz and spread this around: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5440-Tore7778-s-Pink-and-Purp-Giveaway

Donut
08-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Hi i have the anwser to ur last q the reasin they stop at the end before getting to the boss like creatures is because they are power leveling which means that they level up really fast by just killing the mummys because you get 2exp per kill if u have a exp pot you get 4exp per kill...does that anwser ur q
oh!! yea that makes sense. suppose i would do that as well but im more for the full adventure than just reaching that level cap. especially since once i get to 45 there wont be anything left to aim for until a new map comes along.

Tore
08-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Oh one more thing i agree with josho

Donut
08-10-2010, 03:12 AM
Oh and the pink and purp question: pinks are the rarest items and purples are the 2nd rarest and if they wanna buy it for alot LET THEM i hope that helpz and spread this around: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5440-Tore7778-s-Pink-and-Purp-Giveaway
didnt realize that.

yea see i dont know what is considered worthwhile out of those. cause ive gotten the majority of what you have on that list, but since i can never seem to get the right attributes to equip them, id just sell them in the store to have slot space.

Tore
08-10-2010, 03:14 AM
The sniper bow u can sell for 10-30k so u might wanna get it from my list before somebidy else does :P

Donut
08-10-2010, 03:15 AM
yeh i get that revive, REV PLEASE, rev a lot since im an enchanter. but if i revive them and they dnt say thnx i dont revive them again later, but if their an enchanter i would appreciate that when i died they would revive me as well.
sometimes i get the constant 'Thx' each time i do. but that doesnt really do much for me. if its a good team that really goes out of their way to do their own thing and do it well. then im all up for trying to revive them the instant they are down. but a lot of the time i just dont even bother cause im doing my own thing.

i never say thanks to anyone cause i never ask to be revived. im used to just walking the whole distance to get back into the fight. feel that others should do the same, sometimes its better that way cause you get a chance to regroup and think a strategy out.

Tore
08-10-2010, 03:16 AM
Oh i meant scrab bow not sniper bow

Donut
08-10-2010, 03:17 AM
The sniper bow u can sell for 10-30k so u might wanna get it from my list before somebidy else does :P

yea but i want something that i can use that will help me in battle. not really into getting more gold, cause like i stated in my original post, i have no use for gold.

Tore
08-10-2010, 03:31 AM
Well i hoped i helped

josho_96
08-10-2010, 03:34 AM
tore how do we get the items? are you going to give them to us ingame? because im currently banned :\ i dont know why. but do any of you's know how long you get banned for?

Donut
08-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Well i hoped i helped

you did. very informative.

thank you kindly for taking the time to explain..

Tore
08-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Yes i do give the items in-game and im sorry for ur ban but i can hold one for u if u want

josho_96
08-10-2010, 04:01 AM
ok can you please hold the best one for me?

Tore
08-10-2010, 04:05 AM
I cant hold the best one but ill hold the one closest to ur level what level r u

josho_96
08-10-2010, 04:27 AM
im level 25 at the moment thanks

Royce
08-10-2010, 06:45 AM
It's not your responsibility to heal and rez but many will expect it and though people will disagree with me, I say you may as well do it. Heal is cheap and will keep you alive too. But yeah, when people start barking out heal orders I leave. If they're real jerks about it, wait til their health is low in some intense fighting then leave ;)

Pinks are the rarest and generally best items in the game. The gold you ge for liquidating them is unrelated to their actual value in the game. Most are worth at least a few thousand gold, and some far more. If you don't have the attribute requirements for pinks your level, thm you want to raise your Int so you can use them.

Lower level players play AO to powerlevel because they are not bright and don't realize that playing the game is what it's all about. Sitting atthe level cap is not as much fun as getting there ;) And AO2-3 is the xp farming map. People just kill all the easy mummies, stop at the djinn and restart.

You have 50 inventory slots to start. You can overfill them, but won't be able to host or join a game until you get you inventory back down under your limit or buy more slots.

When you ignore someone, you will not see their messages. They were talking about making it so you wouldn't accidentally join their games too, but I don't think that's been imemented yet.

Donut
08-10-2010, 04:46 PM
It's not your responsibility to heal and rez but many will expect it and though people will disagree with me, I say you may as well do it. Heal is cheap and will keep you alive too. But yeah, when people start barking out heal orders I leave. If they're real jerks about it, wait til their health is low in some intense fighting then leave ;)

Pinks are the rarest and generally best items in the game. The gold you ge for liquidating them is unrelated to their actual value in the game. Most are worth at least a few thousand gold, and some far more. If you don't have the attribute requirements for pinks your level, thm you want to raise your Int so you can use them.

Lower level players play AO to powerlevel because they are not bright and don't realize that playing the game is what it's all about. Sitting atthe level cap is not as much fun as getting there ;) And AO2-3 is the xp farming map. People just kill all the easy mummies, stop at the djinn and restart.

You have 50 inventory slots to start. You can overfill them, but won't be able to host or join a game until you get you inventory back down under your limit or buy more slots.

When you ignore someone, you will not see their messages. They were talking about making it so you wouldn't accidentally join their games too, but I don't think that's been imemented yet.

well thats the issue for me. is that im usually at full health or have no problem with staying afloat, cause i use potions to keep me in combat. if i go and walk across to heal someone, i almost always get killed. for me potions seem to be quicker than the healing ability, so i hardly ever use it on myself. which is why i dont think to use it to heal the group. especially when the majority of the group is all people that are too low a level to even have any business in those maps.
haha. yea i thought to do that once. just leave them hanging. thats why i was asking if actions like that will get me banned or booted from the game or just have a lot of strangers ragging on me cause i dont do whats expected for this character.

a lot of what i pick up requires 100+ in strength. some dexterity. rarely do i find something that requires intelligence. was never really sure how to spec the character. seem like intelligence is the thing to max out, not sure what strength or dexterity would do other than let me use weapons. but i tried to keep those two equal.

yea i wouldnt mind leveling up faster even more so cause AO2 is the only map i am able to play that gives me XP. AO1 is tough as it is , to get XP points so slowly just doesnt seem worth the effort.
though for me id like to actually be able to get through all of AO2. dont like how you cant join other games if you havent played through all the chapters.

my dislike with the slots is not that i have too many items to store. cause i have maybe 6 things that i actually use and keep. what bothers me is that the character still picks up items on its own when going through each section of a map. its kept me from being able to join games , cause i cant empty out the inventory quickly enough that i end up losing my spot in a game. just wish it was setup so that once u hit the 50 slot limit, that you are unable to pick anything else up. or at least be given the option to loot.

so you mean i wont be able to see if they message me directly? people are always evil in the normal chat that displays when your in a map. rarely do i ever get private messages. if it only blocks private messaging, then thats not very effective.

Snakespeare
08-10-2010, 06:57 PM
My healer, Nilsia, is not like you. I heal and revive as much as possible. The refresh on healing is minimal. I can do my ice/fire combo, then heal, lightning, bless, drink some mana pots, and heal some more. And now that you can revive while moving, and revive charges mana, I sometimes even revive when nobody is dead.

It is not necessary to thank me if I revive you, as I would thank feel obliged to thank you back for being tanks on the front line. The people who die before me have taken damage that I would have to take if they weren';t there. So it's actually even up. Serious. Better to spend that time jumping into combat. But if some says Thx, I just say Np.

Also, I do not power level. I'm opposed to it. I guess when I get to AO2, if ever, I will have to learn how to fight djinni's solo, since everyone will be bailing on me at that point. But maybe there will be quests in AO2 by the time I get there, and things will not be so hard.

Donut
08-10-2010, 08:55 PM
My healer, Nilsia, is not like you. I heal and revive as much as possible. The refresh on healing is minimal. I can do my ice/fire combo, then heal, lightning, bless, drink some mana pots, and heal some more. And now that you can revive while moving, and revive charges mana, I sometimes even revive when nobody is dead.

It is not necessary to thank me if I revive you, as I would thank feel obliged to thank you back for being tanks on the front line. The people who die before me have taken damage that I would have to take if they weren';t there. So it's actually even up. Serious. Better to spend that time jumping into combat. But if some says Thx, I just say Np.

Also, I do not power level. I'm opposed to it. I guess when I get to AO2, if ever, I will have to learn how to fight djinni's solo, since everyone will be bailing on me at that point. But maybe there will be quests in AO2 by the time I get there, and things will not be so hard.

it recharges mana as well? havent seen that happen before.

suppose thats the difference.is that im right up there in front with the others taking damage and killing off enemies. sometimes im stuck having to defend myself against 3 opponents.
if it were the case where it always seemed like i had bodyguards all around me, then id be obliged to heal and revive. cause itd feel like they earned it.

when people say thanks i just dont even bother to take it as gratitude, since they are the ones yelling at me to revive them in the first place. they never seem to be patient in giving me time to take care of business and then go and bring them back. so i see it as an inconvenience.

then there are those that irritate me, that type 'revive me' over and over. even though im also dead. and i have to walk a long way just to get back into the spot we were at. some even leave the game because they just have no patience. to me thats just lazy and not a good teammate.

im a level 45 now. so not sure if id get more respect from other players. though i suppose now if no one will play through all of AO2. ill just do quests and explore the changes in the graphics for the older maps.

Tore
08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
My enchantress likeitsme is really strong but i almost never revive them even if they ask i mean they should of taken better care of themselves and i WOULDNT HAVE TO REVIVE

Snakespeare
08-12-2010, 06:21 PM
I remain confused. It costs me almost nothing to revive or restore the others in my party. I just push a button.

What is all this whining about having to say thank you and they don't deserve to be restored? Sounds like the person with the issues is the one who thinks he's doing people a favor.

You're doing yourself a favor when you revive and restore people. It keeps them around. The more people banging on the bad guy, the sooner he goes down, and the sooner you get drops. So, I am doing it for myself.

But, since that's your attitude, please don't join a game I'm hosting. Thanks.

p.s. And you probably got your levels by leeching! Talk about hypocrisy... sheesh!

Furrawn
08-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Hi, Donut...

I am in fact the very person that u had the rape conversation with in-game. I was playing w/ my bow bear Scarlettohara who is quite strong except Dead Eyes can be a bit tough:) Consequently. I can easily explain my position. Ironically, my best known character, Furrawn, is a paladin, and I remember getting in big arguments w some folks who felt mages should stay in the back and heal ONLY. I vehemently disagreed and felt that mages in any build can have damage as the primary goal.

HOWEVER, the Mage is the only build that can heal, and I think it's terrible to not heal. The amount of mana it takes is negligible. Non-existent almost after level 25 w/ decent stats. Good teamwork means a Mage heals.

You refused to heal in the game. You waited til we all died and then you revived us. You were not at the front taking the most damage. The rest of us, including me, since I had a bear build, were at the front. That means we were taking more damage than you. But, for you to see our health going down & not do a heal means you give less than everyone else.

But, forget all that. The sad thing is that you are missing the joy of teamwork. I'm a good paladin when I play Furrawn. People who have played with me have often said I'm a great TANK. I STILL heal. I'm a Mage. Why would I withhold that from my team? If doing a heal in battle makes you die then something is wrong. Healing costs mages practically nothing.

The only expectation in the game we played was that you heal simply when the going was rough - which was only two bosses in the whole campaign.

As for people who call u to rev in the heat of battle. Those are usually people who haven't played a Mage build and don't understand that reviving makes us vulnerable... Though with Furrawn I can rev mid-battle except when a boss is on me.

No hard feelings. We just play differently. I always feel responsible for the health of who I'm with... I love being in a good team where we all work together for the good of the group...

Donut
08-13-2010, 01:56 AM
You refused to heal in the game. You waited til we all died and then you revived us. You were not at the front taking the most damage. The rest of us, including me, since I had a bear build, were at the front. That means we were taking more damage than you. But, for you to see our health going down & not do a heal means you give less than everyone else.

first of all i didnt refuse to heal. it just didnt occur to me that it was my obligation to heal.

second, i was taking in damage as well as the rest. only reason i was keeping up at all was cause i used potion after potion to stay alive while using my mana up for attacks on enemies. its not like i was hiding in the back while the rest fought. i was right up there with everyone else. with the bosses i either took the rear or fought off the other enemies that were in the same room, so that the ones taking on the boss, would have an easier time without outside interference.

my main focus was on staying alive and killing as many enemies as i possibly could. that was my participation to the group, FIGHTING.
i didnt pay attention to anyone elses health cause like i said in my original post, i always assume people use potions to keep themselves sustained in a big battle. especially when it comes to warriors and archers. since they seem a bit more robust than an INT driven enchantress.

thats what seemed a bit offensive, was that im there doing my own part and i get lectured on how its supposedly my duty to monitor the other players stats even after i agreed to do my best to comply. just killed the mood altogether.

But, forget all that. The sad thing is that you are missing the joy of teamwork. The swamps are a joy but it's hard to survive as a level 35 without a great team. I'm a good paladin when I play Furrawn. People who have played with me have often said I'm a great TANK. I STILL heal. I'm a Mage. Why would I withhold that from my team?

for me a good team is one where each can hold their own, has patience, is on the same page with one another, and doesnt make demands. a team that actually talks with one another so everyones in sync with whats going on. its rare to find a team such as that. especially in this game, where you are just thrown in with a random set of teammates. cant expect everyone to think the same and do things the same.

The only expectation in the game we played was that you heal simply when the going was rough - which was only two bosses in the whole campaign. We had some younger players with us and protecting them means more damage for us.

i only revived when someone was actually knocked out. which was struggle enough for me in trying to fend my way towards someone. take into account the lag that i get on and off when theres a lot happening on screen. it takes me a moment to see the text, react, and try to find the player on the floor in the midst of all the intense action happening. though seems no one has any patience. they either complain or start being rude..
when i did heal, it was cause i was in the clear of being attacked. so i thought ok nows a good opportunity. tried to make good on that. otherwise i would have not bothered at all, cause it would never have crossed my mind. i would have just found an enemy to attack.

for my character, all the mana goes into attacks.i usually have to wait a bit to get enough to do a revive or heal.unless i take a mana potion.sometimes i have no mana potions left. nobody seems to wait for my mana to regenerate so that i can bring them back.
its a different matter now, since i am actually equipped with a good weapon and armor. so my stats are much better than before when i had low level items.

I'm sure people call u to rev in battle. Those are usually people who haven't played a Mage build and don't understand that reviving makes us vulnerable... Though with Furrawn I can rev mid-battle except when a boss is on me.

happens in every game im in.its grown tiresome. even more ridiculous when the respawn point could be right behind me and still they are waiting there for me to do something even though im surrounded by enemies trying to hold my own. in most instances im there killing off nearby enemies so that when i do revive the person, they wont get knocked back onto the floor again. though no one is willing to wait for me to get that done.

No hard feelings. We just play differently. I always feel responsible for the health of who I'm with... I love being in a good team where we all work together for the good of the group...

im all for having a good group of players that make it through and make it fun. my way of thinking is....if i feel i am capable of reviving or healing someone then ill most likely do just that. if i am attacking a handful of enemies, then my focus is on fighting and maintaining myself to survive that occurrence.if theres a nearby enemy then ill take them on too. once thats taken care of THEN my attention will be on whos lying on the floor and who needs a little health boost. anyone that commands me to revive them, ill see if i can first locate them cause more often than not there are those that like to wander off or they chase an enemy a great distance. if its an easy task then ill keep it in mind if im nearby. for those that just lay there patiently to see if i come over to them.because at least those kinds of people are giving me an option (they are not demanding or expecting me to cater to their every command). THEN ill probably revive them without thinking twice about it. wouldnt expect a thank you or sign of gratitude. cause its all in good spirit. its part of being a team. if they see me there on the brink of death they will come to my aid. thats a good team.

healing/reviving are just not my priority in battle. for some it might be where they go in , stay clear of the heat, and just heal/revive whenever they see fit. i like to actually be in the middle of it all and attack with my fellow players. if i had been a warrior, wouldnt have an issue at all cause no one would be giving me commands like if im their slave. some pick the enchantress with the intent to use the healing abilities. i chose the character cause i thought it looked cool and i liked the wands as the main weapon.
all characters can use health potions. no reason to stop using them because an enchantress stepped into the playing field.

having someone badgering me with 'REVIVE! REVIVE!', 'HEAL ME NOW!', or having someone else whos just standing there watching me being attacked and doing nothing else but telling me to revive whoever is on the floor.....well to me thats not good teamwork. thats just lazy players that are wanting too much. i cant exactly type back to tell someone to wait or give me a minute. cause the second that laggy keyboard pops up , ill get killed. and then depending on the mindset of the team. either we all respawn together and make it back to that spot. or i respawn alone and hope i can get back to that spot without dying in the process of reviving everyone through a crowd of enemies.

i dont mean to go ranting on and on. but its just frustrating. kills the funfactor of the game for me. i do understand that theres people of all ages playing. even youngsters that probably dont know any better.or older players that just dont give a damn. so theres bound to be conflict and difference in perspectives. got some people on here telling me im supposed to heal/revive at all times, got others saying its not my problem and i shouldnt bother.

guess some people have a different take on whats actually going on. in that instance i saw everything as being equal with all players in combat. each taking on their own set of opponents... you obviously didnt see that. you base it all on which character is playing. whereas i go more by the players attitude and overall good morale, because that to me is what makes playing the game fun and less impersonal.

Raxie
08-13-2010, 02:20 AM
get some ****ing thoth gear.
the end.
i spam heal. i'm also a paladin and as soon as heal cools down i heal again. i revive as soon as someone dies. it's not that hard; if someone says revive or heal, just do it. you don't need to make a big deal out of it. seriously when i spam heal and use my damaging spells and use my buffs and use my debuffs i still never run out of mana. (unless i'm fighting boss and have mana shield on) you are also an intel mage so you have more mana than me.
just heal or revive. all you need to do is click one or two buttons.
not that hard.

jonboy
08-13-2010, 02:32 AM
How many points you have in heal skill?

Royce: agree
Shakespear: agree

It is annoying to be demanded to heal or rev, but for me as a paly I can fight and watch health, healing costs nothing and increases the chance for your survivability in the group.

Rev, if someone goes down I try to get them up, why because if I can rev them and then slap a heal on them, then guess what I have increased my survivabilty

If the person who goes down is another Mage then I get them up real quick, why because if I go down, guess who I'm hoping to bring me up.

This is really important in boss fights and a key to hood groups.

To me it sounds like you have never had a good group to play with to make the comparison.

Donut
08-13-2010, 02:34 AM
I remain confused. It costs me almost nothing to revive or restore the others in my party. I just push a button. yea but youre probably paying attention to wether or not the other players stats are falling drastically. or youre just accustomed to tapping that button periodically.

i always used potions cause when first starting out playing when id die there would be no one to conveniently revive me.a lot of the time if there was another enchantress, they would just walk on by and ignore that im laying on the floor. only randomly would i get revived. so i always do my best to keep my health up. i rarely use the healing spell on myself because it takes a moment longer to take affect and id have to wait a while to use it again which would could seem like forever when youre just taking a beating, whereas the potions are almost instant and you can tap away and itll keep refilling the health bar. so its not like i use the heal ability all the time.

What is all this whining about having to say thank you and they don't deserve to be restored? Sounds like the person with the issues is the one who thinks he's doing people a favor.not sure if this is directed at me or the other poster.
if its going by what i was saying. what i said was that if someone says 'thank you' afterwards, i dont really take that as a real thank you. because those that say it are the ones that have to nag me constantly to revive or heal them in the first place.
those that dont ask for a revive are the ones i usually go and help if im capable.if those same people say 'thank you' i just dont accept it either, because its not necessary. they say it to be kind. but i just see it as helping someone out who didnt annoy me into doing it.

You're doing yourself a favor when you revive and restore people. It keeps them around. The more people banging on the bad guy, the sooner he goes down, and the sooner you get drops. So, I am doing it for myself.i see it as the opposite. because if i can bring an enemy down with just a couple more hits, then ill do that. as opposed to having to pause and take damage while getting over to someone to revive them and then heal them right after so they dont get killed off the moment they stand up. well to me that takes up more time and seems less effective. completely different situation if you got a full team thats allowing you to help a fallen teammate. but usually everyones doing their own thing. which is why im used to being that same way..in just trying to hold my own.

p.s. And you probably got your levels by leeching! Talk about hypocrisy... sheesh! now thats uncalled for. i got leveled up fairly quickly cause i played for several hours each day. game was addicting and i found it to be just like WoW. so ive been playing like 5 to 6 hours a day each day for the past 5 weeks.
made a few acquaintances along the way, so whenever the other is online, we try to play through a map several times together.

jonboy
08-13-2010, 02:40 AM
Damn took to long to compose my post

Donut
08-13-2010, 02:41 AM
get some ****ing thoth gear.
the end.
i spam heal. i'm also a paladin and as soon as heal cools down i heal again. i revive as soon as someone dies. it's not that hard; if someone says revive or heal, just do it. you don't need to make a big deal out of it. seriously when i spam heal and use my damaging spells and use my buffs and use my debuffs i still never run out of mana. (unless i'm fighting boss and have mana shield on) you are also an intel mage so you have more mana than me.
just heal or revive. all you need to do is click one or two buttons.
not that hard.

well see i only knew about that after making this topic.
and yea now my character has better stats than before. so not as difficult as it was before.

some of the people selling the gear ask for way too much though. i tried purchasing a helmet, and people kept wanting 200,000 in gold. i only had a little over half that amount.

it was a lot harder than you think. now not so much.cause ive had people from here provide a little insight and some gear.

Royce
08-13-2010, 03:11 AM
So I stopped reading a while ago, as this thread has become mind-numbing. However I need to make the following point:
If you are a mage, and you don't heal and use health pots, you are wasting a ton of money.
Health pots and mana pots cost the same amount, and restore equal amounts of health or mana. As a mage, you have a spell called "heal" that will restore 140 health at the cost of 30 mana, and will heal your teammates as well. If you use health pots, you end up spending almost 5 times as much gold as you would if you healed and used mana pots instead.

Furrawn
08-13-2010, 03:15 AM
Royce is right. I always have 100 health pots & 500 mana which last forever

1) I also spam heal. I push the heal as soon as it is available. Always.
It costs me nothing. Even if it did, bears usually get targeted because they can do more damage. Even if you're up front, you won't be targeted unless the damage you deal is as great. There is a reason that a seasoned level 45 bow bear and a seasoned level 45 pure bear died while you were still alive.

2) And it's very true that the health of your TEAM contributes to your individual survivability...

3) As for needing better gear, many of us give Thoth & such to each other... But that's part of being a team... If we just look out for ourselves like you say is best, we'd sell everything and not share.

4) It's a very wrong assumption to assume if you do heals during a really tough boss that nobody has to use a potion.

5) Healing is not harder than we think. We've all played through from level one.

Donut
08-13-2010, 03:17 AM
How many points you have in heal skill?
i originally had 3 points in heal and 2 in revive. had the rest go to the debuffs and attacks such as the flame,lightning,and ice. i did that based on a few posts i read on this forum when i first started playing about which are the best tactics when in battle.

It is annoying to be demanded to heal or rev, but for me as a paly I can fight and watch health, healing costs nothing and increases the chance for your survivability in the group.i can only fight and keep myself healthy. if by chance the other characters appear on the screen in front of me then id see if they died right in front of me. if someones typing something in the chat, well i have to expand the chat window to see whos saying what.which distracts me. healing may cost nothing as far as mana goes. but at times it does cost me a life which throws me out of the fight.

Rev, if someone goes down I try to get them up, why because if I can rev them and then slap a heal on them, then guess what I have increased my survivabilty yea and that makes perfect sense to me. but it hardly ever happens that way. best case scenario i get them back on their feet and they help me take out an enemy or group of enemies.
the usual scenario that plays out, is that i go over to them cast the spell, and i die as they get up. which puts me back at the entrance, by the time i get back into the fight, the other player has died.
say i just tap like crazy without really having a good look at my surroundings. well either by chance the person is within reach, or i used everything up and nothing happens. have to wait to get the ability back before getting a second go at it. meanwhile the other player is there losing their temper screaming REVIVE ME NOW!!!. its a bit stressful.

If the person who goes down is another Mage then I get them up real quick, why because if I go down, guess who I'm hoping to bring me up.
This is really important in boss fights and a key to hood groups.
well of course. if they are near me then yea thatd be the thing to do. once i react to it and can quickly take that action. more often than not my focus is on whats in front of me. not whats happening behind me or out of my sight. if the camera was automatic and would show me these things. then yea its only logical to heal someone that can heal you right back.

if its in my line of sight. its what i do.im not opposed to keeping the team alive. i just dont like being nagged into doing something that i can do if i were given a little bit of time.

cause its like yea if i take a few enemies down and am in the clear for a few seconds , if i see a fellow teammate laying on the floor a few feet in front of me. then naturally i go i revive them. they get back up and we are good to go.
if im there struggling to stay alive, and in the far distance or behind me or to the left of me where the cam isnt facing or not fully in that direction, i got someone yelling REV, REV!!, REV PLEASE!, HELP!!!!
its just annoying as hell. its like yes i see that someone needs to be revived. am i going to help them? if i can help them without killing myself to get over to them. if i die halfway to where they are. then i see that as a fail. because i have to start back at the beginning. and they are stuck there or start over as well. unlike if i managed to kill the immediate threat and then get the other person back on their feet again. i see more chance of success that way.

if theres low levels that have no business on a map thats for a higher level. then i dont see the point in reviving someone thats gonna die with each and every hit. just seems like a waste. with the healing.. its just that i never think to use it. im all about the health potions. not that i dont want to heal people. i just dont use it to heal myself, so doesnt cross my mind to heal others randomly. cause im not there staring at their stats the entire run through.

so dont get me wrong here. im not anti-heal or anti-revive. i just cant multi task as efficiently and have the character move and react at the speed of light.

maybe my iphone is too old or my connection isnt as speedy. but its not like im not a team player. i just dont like being taken advantage of or feel like my only purpose in the game is to be the medic instead of fighting like the other 2 characters.

To me it sounds like you have never had a good group to play with to make the comparison. ive had a few. and those are always the best moments. where everyones kind, respectful, and determined to succeed. these handful of people just arent online at all times. so majority of the time im playing with people ive never seen before.

Donut
08-13-2010, 03:20 AM
So I stopped reading a while ago, as this thread has become mind-numbing. However I need to make the following point:
If you are a mage, and you don't heal and use health pots, you are wasting a ton of money.
Health pots and mana pots cost the same amount, and restore equal amounts of health or mana. As a mage, you have a spell called "heal" that will restore 140 health at the cost of 30 mana, and will heal your teammates as well. If you use health pots, you end up spending almost 5 times as much gold as you would if you healed and used mana pots instead.

i dont use money on potions. i always use what i have already. which seems to refill itself in battle. i always have 25 of each. almost never hits zero. usually stays within the 10 to 15 range.

jonboy
08-13-2010, 03:20 AM
I draw the OP attention to this, I forgot to mention it myself

Royce:If you are a mage, and you don't heal and use health pots, you are wasting a ton of money.

beester
08-13-2010, 09:00 PM
to make a long story short, Furrawn is the best:)

asommers
08-14-2010, 12:31 AM
If 50 items isn't enough for you, you can always purchase additional inventory slots (up to 250) in the Upgrades store. Make sure you buy inventory slots and not stash (bank) slots. They are sold in packs of 50.

-ALS

Rarefew
08-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Straight out now I will apologize to every single Mage I've Bern with

Rarefew
08-14-2010, 03:34 PM
I support both sides. As a Mage I would rev you,then heal you then bless you because i'd care.But it is important to be independent I'm very strong as rarefew.

Let's go into the fact that I am good at pve. I have played through the swamps and lost expedition. I am trained to take out any boss. You go into tomb of mynas, I go in plasma pyramid. Meaning Im not a Pansy. Lemme ask the people that I've played with in plasma pyramid: Am I a very skilled magic user? Don't I have full health mostly all the time I'm battling minions? This is because I know how to play this game.

Yes I do admit I refused to buy platinum and was stuck at level 13. But when I bought platinum I got every campaign and played on them. I couldve gone to lost expdetion and zoom through levels (remember that?) but I actually played this game like a real person.