PDA

View Full Version : We need two servers!!

Marrypoppins
04-07-2012, 01:27 PM
I can barely even get anything done with ping constantly between 500-1500... I've been hearing from tons of folks they're experiencing the same thing... Please help devs..

Dartagnian
04-07-2012, 01:35 PM
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. 8)

Im sure with all the updates there are some kinks to work out. Sides, how they have the architecture should alleviate a lot of lag since it limits the sessions per game instance...not that ima dev.

Anyhow, itll get better.

XghostzX
04-07-2012, 01:56 PM
We seriously need two servers. The lag is getting somewhat over board with me when I'm in a great spot for Wifi.

furryfighter
04-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Bring fnord back

GELLIO77
04-07-2012, 01:59 PM
ye we do

NECROREAPER
04-07-2012, 02:02 PM
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. 8)

Im sure with all the updates there are some kinks to work out. Sides, how they have the architecture should alleviate a lot of lag since it limits the sessions per game instance...not that ima dev.

Anyhow, itll get better.

Nice outlook on things. Nice to know someone still has their head above water in this sea of complaints

GELLIO77
04-07-2012, 02:13 PM
one for pvp other for merch/pve?

Marrypoppins
04-07-2012, 02:28 PM
one for pvp other for merch/pve?

Great idea!

LwMark
04-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Hey lets get no ping! I want 8 servers!

Late
04-08-2012, 12:36 PM
oh i thought the lagging was just me :/

Artemis
04-08-2012, 12:37 PM
The more servers the higher the bill is for STS. Higher bills for STS = more things costing more plat.

yokoman
04-08-2012, 03:41 PM
The more servers the higher the bill is for STS. Higher bills for STS = more things costing more plat.

SO true, and later on, many servers would become dead servers as in many games happened, believe me

n00b13st
04-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I can barely even get anything done with ping constantly between 500-1500... I've been hearing from tons of folks they're experiencing the same thing... Please help devs..

I'm pretty confident there are many servers running the STS games - they just make it *look* like one server. I'm sure there are all kinds of spiffy load balancing/etc. going on behind the curtains. As I recall they run it on Amazon's cloud?

The game has been generally playable for me which is pretty good for what I'd expect to be a relatively busy weekend due to their promo.

Siejo
04-17-2012, 03:53 AM
There were 2 servers. Sadly Fnord was destroyed :(

JaytB
04-17-2012, 04:03 AM
One of the things I really like about STS games, is that everyone is on the same sever. But if it really would become unplayable, I would have an open mind for more than one. Personally though, I don't experience any of the lag you're talking about :)

RaptorBlitz
04-17-2012, 04:11 AM
500 - 1500 ping isn't very bad. I get it all the time and I do fairly well as a tank bear in Fang.

KingFu
04-17-2012, 04:32 AM
My ping is only bad when my sister is downloading tv shows on her laptop (We have very low KBPS with AT&T:/). Besides, another server wouldn't really settle the ping down exactly, it would just slow it down from worsening, since not every new player will join the second server and 99% of players would stay put in Alterra. Devs said they'd bring back Fnord if it was needed, and I think they'll know when it's necessary to bring it back.

plmafiaboss
04-17-2012, 05:17 AM
I lag and disconnect on perfect wifi. Beat that

Ladyviviane
04-17-2012, 05:20 AM
My ping various between 98 n over of 100k since DL has been released n m keeping get disconnected at least 3-4 times / day . I thought m the only one who get this prob til I c this thread 😱

Blind
04-17-2012, 05:51 AM
I can barely even get anything done with ping constantly between 500-1500...
It infuriates me when people complain about 500-1000 ping. Seriously, cause that's my constant ping, i've never even had green in my 1 year pl time. Yet i manage to have 17k kills/12k ctf deaths as well as 750 flags all as pure 100% dex bird always. Far out...i'm so envy of pvpers with 50-100 ping, Oh well, sucks lol :(

EDIT: I live in Australia btw

MrKrone
04-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Tampa, Florida, Usa.
*insert dos egos meme here*
I don't always lag, but when I do, i prefer to yell at my dad to stop torrenting.

;)

Ixillicus
04-17-2012, 08:20 AM
I sometimes see my ping spike, but generally on 3G or Wifi i have green connection. I don't know that its really the server thats causing the lag.

Elyseon
04-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Name a server after me maybe?

Gracious
04-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Hmmm, maybe you need to clean up your device, check with your service provider, something other than blame it on STS. As stated above in the posts before, I'm sure that STS has already done a lot in an attempt to alleviate lag. Cover your end first, before blaming someone else for something that can potentially be a problem from you. I myself play on both wi-fi and 4g network, on either of the different connections i average 50-200 ping on a daily basis. Therefore, i dont believe STS needs to add more servers.

There are other ways to improve your ping as well, one as such is something I've experienced personally. I used to play on my Android Thunderbolt, never had any real problems with ping staying in the moderate level of 200-300 via wi-fi and 4g network. From then I have upgraded my device to the LG Spectrum. In doing so my ping dwindled to a low 50-200 while using the same wi-fi and 4g network. The only thing that changed was the more up to date device i am currently using. I didn't need "more servers," nor did i need to change service providers for either my home internet or mobile phone. Maybe your device isn't up to par with soft ware and/or hardware? I dont know, but it maybe something you can look into.

On that note, STS is doing an exceptional job, not only with the new release of Dark Legends, constant flow of content between Pocket Legends and Star legends, but with "ping" as well.

Seiyen
04-17-2012, 02:45 PM
i've never even had green in my 1 year pl time.
I've never even had yellow in my 1 year time,BEAT THAT
Edit: my connection totally sucks

sent from my hand using tapatalk

Elyseon
04-17-2012, 03:59 PM
I can say i used to regularly have green ping bellow 100, now im lucky if its bellow 1000

Kiwihawk
04-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Name a server after me maybe?
You Wish
It Will Be Named After Me The Kiwi Sever

Fusionstrike
04-17-2012, 04:32 PM
There is definitely something different at the STS side accounting for worse pings. But saying "we need two servers" misses the point. What we *need* is less latency. Getting that by splitting the PL universe into separate servers is far from the best way to achieve that goal. One of the great things about PL is that there is only one "world" that everyone plays in. There are lots of things STS could do to tackle the recent ping problem, but making separate servers to divide the population would be about #10 on my solution list. Keeping the community together in one place has been (and should continue to be) a primary goal.

Elyseon
04-17-2012, 05:12 PM
The Kiwi Sever
What? It cuts up kiwis so we can eat them?

I prefer 'Server Ely'

Buffedbear Pl
04-17-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't think we need to servers, but I will say I had a constant stream of 50-200 ping, but nowadays I'm waiting to see the day my ping goes below 1000

OvigorothO
04-17-2012, 05:32 PM
You Wish
It Will Be Named After Me The Kiwi Sever

I don't think you deserve a server named after you if you can't even spell server

timeismoney1
04-17-2012, 07:01 PM
My wifi ping is 100-150

My 3g/4g is anywhere from 200-500. Avg being 350

Swords
04-17-2012, 07:18 PM
a lot of us had lag problems because of the spring easter event. By now the lagging is over.
When u mean 2 servers, there used to be fnord and alterra.

Kiwihawk
04-17-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't think you deserve a server named after you if you can't even spell server
Haha Lol Thx For Spotting That Out Man
Sometimes I Just Cant Spell

Kiwihawk!

Kiwihawk
04-17-2012, 08:29 PM
what? It cuts up kiwis so we can eat them?

I prefer 'server ely'
if you cut up a kiwi you will go to jail
they are almost all gone in new zealand
kiwi the bird

Elyseon
04-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Oh ur a bird? Thought u were one of those tasty fruits

timeismoney1
04-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Marinade a kiwi with a kiwi

Best of both worlds then

Elyseon
04-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Mmmmm sounds so yummy

Zeus
04-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Before complaining about your STS's servers, run speed test.

Yes yes, I know, you have all run it before, but this time, during the course of the test, watch out for the needle accelerating and decelerating, in other words, not rising steadily. This is shown by it going up and down.

If your test displays those symptoms, it's your Internet, not STS.

The needle going down actually means that your Internet is "pulsing", not sending a constant steady stream of data packets like it should be.

JaytB
04-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Before complaining about your STS's servers, run speed test.

Yes yes, I know, you have all run it before, but this time, during the course of the test, watch out for the needle accelerating and decelerating, in other words, not rising steadily. This is shown by it going up and down.

If your test displays those symptoms, it's your Internet, not STS.

The needle going down actually means that your Internet is "pulsing", not sending a constant steady stream of data packets like it should be.

This is exactly what I experienced a good while back. My ping in PL was horrible back then. I even contacted my service provider who told me everything was fine at their end.

The first thing to test is if your cable modem isn't the problem. A way to check that is as Parth stated above, doing a speedtest from for example speedtest.net. Make sure you connect a PC/Mac directly to your modem with a cable (not wireless), without any switch(es) or router(s) in between. Make sure you're not using a faulty network cable. Try different cables if you see your signal fluctuating. If your signal fluctuates there, you should contact your cable provider as this proves that there's something wrong with either your modem or with a component somewhere along the way to your service provider.

If your signal is stable there, then start to replace your switch(es), cables and router(s), one by one, and test again after changing out each component.

I did it this way and my problem was solved. In the end it appeared to be my router that was the culprit. I solved the problem by reflashing the firmware on it, and haven't had a problem since. ping is usually between 100-200, and there hasn't been a degrade when I started playing again recently.

So yeah, my advice would be to check all of your own components first. Chances are high you'll be able to find out what's causing the problem.

Worst case scenarios could be that there's nothing wrong at your side and the cable providers' network is simply overloaded in your area. In that case there's nothing you can do but switch to another provider with more stable bandwidth for that area. Another thing that could be faulty is you mobile/tablets' wifi/cellular module, in that case you need to return your device to get it fixed or get a new one.

Given the fact that most players (at least the ones I know) don't have bad ping, or always had bad ping, I highly doubt that the problem resides at STS's side. If it really was a STS server problem, shouldn't everyone be affected by it?

Anyway, I hope you get it solved :)

Anecat
04-17-2012, 11:34 PM
I think that the leg comes with the device of system used. 50-100 ping comes with ipad 2, i pod touch, and iphone, and macs. 500-1000 ping comes with chrome and android products, and th rest are usually in this range. Want get ping? Get apple products.

timeismoney1
04-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Well on my android bionic wifi i get 90-150 ping

Over 3g/4g its 200-500 depending on signal quality of my location

modredd
04-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Same here I only play the game on wifi it's much smoother.

Jig
01-18-2013, 12:28 AM
I have a really good Internet, everything works so quick but this game, seems strange doesn't it..? Yeah Nero I don't care can't find any other thread.. My constant ping is 600-1300 and a lot of no ping spikes.. could it be because I live in Australia?

razerfingers
01-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Why not just post a thread asking a question? Its a lot easier than necroing anc people wont get mad about it. Js

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

LwMark
01-18-2013, 02:01 AM
We need 2 servers to seperate the trolls from the players

moonway03
01-18-2013, 05:57 AM
Hey lets get no ping! I want 8 servers!

Lol

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Waug
01-19-2013, 10:16 AM

They've already taken the action, rather improving their server, they force eliminated low paying users, clever move, low end devices tends to be low paying users obviously, in this way less traffic better ping. Hope you got the sarcasm. Gf. tho sts

Hadesofshadow
01-19-2013, 10:26 AM
My ping is only bad when my sister is downloading tv shows on her laptop (We have very low KBPS with AT&T:/). Besides, another server wouldn't really settle the ping down exactly, it would just slow it down from worsening, since not every new player will join the second server and 99% of players would stay put in Alterra. Devs said they'd bring back Fnord if it was needed, and I think they'll know when it's necessary to bring it back.

i hope to god you mean mbps

to the guy who asked, yes it because you live in australia

Delphina
01-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Please don't necro threads. Thanks.