PDA

View Full Version : A Guide to Farming Green Ice

Griffinfan
04-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi guys!,
this is my first attempt at a guide so please be patient while I work out the kinks. I had to discover most of the tips and tricks myself do to a lack of this on the forums. Green Ice seems to be a rarity and is not farmed regularly due to the low drop percentage, so I hope that this guide helps you guys a little bit!

Introduction

What is Green Ice? Green Ice is a set of 3 weapons farmed in the Lost Expedition hidden dungeon, They were coined "Green Ice" by the community due to the fact they glow green instead of the rest of the Lost Expedition weapons which glow blue. Also the weapons are a rare level 32, that is the second sign of a rare Green Ice drop

There is one weapon for each class (Warrior, Avian, Enchantress). The weapons are as follows

- IceBerg Frozen Longsword
- Brain-Freeze Ice Blast Staff
- Shivering Ice Auto Crossbow

Where Can I Find Green Ice?

You must enter the Icy grate behind Ryom In the Lost Expedition Towne.

What To Expect Behind the Grate:
-Dozens of large and small Yetis
-A Few Ice mages
-3 Normal Blue Demons
-1 Elite Blue Demon
-1 Boss "Fridge"

Step Two (Stay with me on this)

Begin by clearing the map of enemies, you will face 77 total and you must clear them all for the computer to reset the map for your next run.

You did that? Great! Lets move on, You have come to the final room, You can see fridge but what do you do? how do you defeat him?, read on.

DO NOT RUSH THE ROOM. Did I make myself clear? ok good, Why not? you ask, well there is A elite blue demon in the room, and he alone will cause good damage to you, not to mention the boss ("fridge") will kill you in a few punches. Here is the technique for doing this room effectively.

-First pull the elite blue demon out without fridge seeing you.

Great job! now just kill this demon, keep moving around him if you are a archer or mage and stay with it.

Step Three, Almost done!

Fridge time!! Listen carefully or you will not survive his attacks.
Fridge uses a special freeze attack to freeze you in place and move in and make the kill, Don't let him do this!

To Avoid his attacks.
Enchantress's - Spam Heal to break his icy hold and firestorm to move him away from you.
Archer's - Use Avian Scream To break his icy hold and use Repulse Shot to move him away from you
Warriors - Spam Beckon/Stomp to keep Fridge away from you, and remember Spam those health potions!!

Great, now give him all you have got!!

Once you have finished you can enter the Magic portal that appears, this will teleport you back outside the grate, then just re enter the grate again and do it all over again!

Recommendations
If your wanting to solo I would recommend only level 63 and over (Archers and Mages preferred) And if you can't beat fridge then throw on a 1.5X armor elixer.
If you have a party of two characters make sure you both are over level 55 (Archers and Mages preferred)
If you have a party of 4+ characters make sure you have at least a Level 63+ in the mix, although not required to beat fridge.

Lastly, who drops the green ice?
Good question, I have seen drops from the Elite Blue Demon and from Fridge. Only thing to remember is don't give up, you will get a drop if you keep at it!!

Thanks for looking, post if you have any improvements :)

* Special Thanks to Noniklauw for the help ;) *

NECROREAPER
04-07-2012, 02:08 PM
GUIDE ON HOW TO FARM FOR ANYTHING

• Find the appropriate map for where that item drops
• clear map to kill boss
• If not needed, skip step two and proceed to kill boss directly
• collect loot
• Remake and repeat steps 2-4

Cake
04-07-2012, 03:25 PM
^ha

LwMark
04-07-2012, 03:55 PM
nice guide..all yu need is a pic sayin u receicved green ice !!!!

Storms
04-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Thank you for your thoughtful post while some may consider it obvious,I met many new players because of the double exp weekend.
It is unfortunate some players who have a fancy title or shield to match feel the need to troll and be obnoxious.

NECROREAPER
04-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Thank you for your thoughtful post while some may consider it obvious,I met many new players because of the double exp weekend.
It is unfortunate some players who have a fancy title or shield to match feel the need to troll and be obnoxious.

It is, I'm glad I haven't done it. Just pointing out the obvious isn't enough to warrant something as a guide

kiitz
04-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Actually, I thought this was a pretty decent guide. His post was FAR from just "pointing out the obvious." I for one, have never farmed any green ice weapons because I leveled right through it and went to end game. I thought everything was actually laid out quite nicely and included everything from recommended # of players and relative strength (lvl) for beating the boss, to the specific types of monsters and strategies recommended for killing the boss. There are also detailed photos that give me a very clear idea of what exactly to expect.

Actually, great work griffinfan. If I ever want to farm a green ice weapon, I'd come back to this post for tips.

RaptorBlitz
04-07-2012, 06:21 PM
It is, I'm glad I haven't done it. Just pointing out the obvious isn't enough to warrant something as a guide

So when you spawned into Alterra your very first time, you knew every single thing there was to the game? Exactly what set to wear, which dungeons to farm and how to level up quicker? How to farm green ice with pinpoint efficiency and what strategy is best for killing Fridge? Because obviously, all that information is 'obvious'. For an AoA, I thought you would know what it's like to be a newb and would encourage, not flame, these types of guides. *smh*

-100th post

Lowlyspy
04-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Necro, at least (s)he has thought out his/her guide and come up with facts unlike some other forumers around here.

I for one didn't know about the elite ice demon, I thought it was the same as the rest. 7/10 as a guide, a bit of obvious stuff in regards to farming but it did teach me something new. Nice job.

Griffinfan
04-07-2012, 09:45 PM
If we can keep this from turning into a debate that would be great lol. Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

NECROREAPER
04-08-2012, 02:20 AM
Indeed.

I never said it was a bad guide, it's just a bit too "pointing out the obvious."

It's a good start but needs a bit of polishing. Looks like it could be something of worth later on down the road.

n00b13st
04-08-2012, 04:32 AM
GUIDE ON HOW TO FARM FOR ANYTHING

• Find the appropriate map for where that item drops
• clear map to kill boss
• If not needed, skip step two and proceed to kill boss directly
• collect loot
• Remake and repeat steps 2-4

Useless trolling your post is Necro. Like driving directions that say "Find where you need to go, drive there, park." Accurate but not adding any value. I don't know what your objection was but I think we should support the addition of new and useful content. I suggest acting like an AoA in forums as well as in game.

griffinfan's guide below is, on the other hand, useful. I figured that stuff out for myself but I could have saved deaths and frustration if this guide had existed. +1 CHEERS to griffinfan!

Hi guys!,
this is my first attempt at a guide so please be patient while I work out the kinks. I had to discover most of the tips and tricks myself do to a lack of this on the forums. Green Ice seems to be a rarity and is not farmed regularly due to the low drop percentage, so I hope that this guide helps you guys a little bit!

Introduction

What is Green Ice? Green Ice is a set of 3 weapons farmed in the Lost Expedition hidden dungeon, They were coined "Green Ice" by the community due to the fact they glow green instead of the rest of the Lost Expedition weapons which glow blue. Also the weapons are a rare level 32, that is the second sign of a rare Green Ice drop

There is one weapon for each class (Warrior, Avian, Enchantress). The weapons are as follows

- IceBerg Frozen Longsword
- Brain-Freeze Ice Blast Staff
- Shivering Ice Auto Crossbow

Where Can I Find Green Ice?

You must enter the Icy grate behind Ryom In the Lost Expedition Towne.

What To Expect Behind the Grate:
-Dozens of large and small Yetis
-A Few Ice mages
-3 Normal Blue Demons
-1 Elite Blue Demon
-1 Boss "Fridge"

Step Two (Stay with me on this)

Begin by clearing the map of enemies, you will face 77 total and you must clear them all for the computer to reset the map for your next run.

You did that? Great! Lets move on, You have come to the final room, You can see fridge but what do you do? how do you defeat him?, read on.

DO NOT RUSH THE ROOM. Did I make myself clear? ok good, Why not? you ask, well there is A elite blue demon in the room, and he alone will cause good damage to you, not to mention the boss ("fridge") will kill you in a few punches. Here is the technique for doing this room effectively.

-First pull the elite blue demon out without fridge seeing you.

Great job! now just kill this demon, keep moving around him if you are a archer or mage and stay with it.

Step Three, Almost done!

Fridge time!! Listen carefully or you will not survive his attacks.
Fridge uses a special freeze attack to freeze you in place and move in and make the kill, Don't let him do this!

To Avoid his attacks.
Enchantress's - Spam Heal to break his icy hold and firestorm to move him away from you.
Archer's - Use Avian Scream To break his icy hold and use Repulse Shot to move him away from you
Warriors - Spam Beckon/Stomp to keep Fridge away from you, and remember Spam those health potions!!

Great, now give him all you have got!!

Once you have finished you can enter the Magic portal that appears, this will teleport you back outside the grate, then just re enter the grate again and do it all over again!

Recommendations
If your wanting to solo I would recommend only level 63 and over (Archers and Mages preferred) And if you can't beat fridge then throw on a 1.5X armor elixer.
If you have a party of two characters make sure you both are over level 55 (Archers and Mages preferred)
If you have a party of 4+ characters make sure you have at least a Level 63+ in the mix, although not required to beat fridge.

Lastly, who drops the green ice?
Good question, I have seen drops from the Elite Blue Demon and from Fridge. Only thing to remember is don't give up, you will get a drop if you keep at it!!

Thanks for looking, post if you have any improvements :)

* Special Thanks to Noniklauw for the help ;) *

OvigorothO
04-08-2012, 07:32 AM
the non-elites have the same drop rate for green ice

n00b13st
04-08-2012, 03:36 PM
the non-elites have the same drop rate for green ice

Really? Maybe I'll go farm there a bit when the double XP weekend is over (and I don't have a pwnage on.)

Delphina
04-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks griffinfan for the great guide!

Everyone please keep the forum rules in mind when replying to a post. Thanks!

1. Please Respect Others.
The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.

Suchislife
04-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Indeed.

I never said it was a bad guide, it's just a bit too "pointing out the obvious."

It's a good start but needs a bit of polishing. Looks like it could be something of worth later on down the road.

Necro, griff has spent his time to help us. If you think it is the obvious then dont post...
Because personally I think it was GREAT for his first guide..... After hard work please dont discourage him...

NotYoCookiez
04-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Amazing!! Haha thanks so I been looking for a guide to farm green ice!!

Keep it up !! :D

NECROREAPER
04-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Lol

Griffinfan
04-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback!

Cake
04-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Nice guide!

NECROREAPER
04-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks for All the support guys! Regarding necro i had no intentions of making you upset by making this guide.. Just trying to help with something i have at least a little bit of knowledge in.. But thanks for readin it guys and again post if you have any improvements!!

Nah no harm done. Was just trying to point out that with so many 'guides' being produced nowadays, there are hardly any real guides of worth.

Yours is a great start, but of course there are some things that could be added to it to make it even better. Basically, use my 'guide' as a guide (lol) of what not to do since that's how most of the 'guides' nowadays are turning out.

Bilaxman
04-09-2012, 07:00 PM
I think this is a good guide! I learned something today. :)

Bebsi
04-09-2012, 08:49 PM
thx griffin, i play this game for almost a year and learned sth new today

yeah, there still r things to be learned xD

p.s: necro, how did u become Ambassador?
being pro or vet doesn't mean to be arrogant

Elysony
04-09-2012, 09:08 PM
thx griffin, i play this game for almost a year and learned sth new today

yeah, there still r things to be learned xD

p.s: necro, how did u become Ambassador?
being pro or vet doesn't mean to be arrogant
IMO the one being obnoxious/arrogant here is you. Necro didn't even say anything arrogant he just said what he thought I saw nothing wrong with his post, granted maybe he could have said it nicer but bringing up 'How did you become an Ambassador.' I believe is a bit to far. Necro became an Ambassador because he helps, is nice, doesn't comment on people and ask them how they became a Ambasssador, and he does a lot for the community. So please don't bring something up that could have been over with, I believe his post was ended a while ago. Anyways +1 for the guide. It might have have been a bit obvious but I learned a few things in there that would be useful the next time I farm for it. Especially for new players wanting to know how.

Roc
04-09-2012, 09:38 PM
I think something that could make this better is having pictures of the weapons (like from searching in the cs). I've never gotten/been in the market for green ice, so the names of the green ones are the same as the blue ones, the level is different, but otherwise there are no other markers? If I search "Iceberg Frozen Longsword" in the cs with no levels set, I'll get green and blue ones?

Sryyoulose
04-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Dude amazing guide! I don't care what other People say! It is organized near and contains pictures that help show what is going on.
I already knew all of this, however it takes 10years to explain. Now I'll just send people to your guide !

Elixirgod
05-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Nice guide! Keep up the work!

Pakax
08-23-2012, 07:37 AM
Green Ice is not at the same level than other frozen weapons. I think green ice is 32 and the others 30, or the other way around. I havent traded that for two months, cant remember. Names are the same though, but they are green (light green) instead of blue. I think a nice addition would be to post a picture of these weapons indeed, agree with Roc on that.
I have personnally spent a lot of time farming green ice, and have had very little luck. Perhaps giving some stats would be interesting if available. This is a really rare loot and I question whether or not this is worth it. Last time I checked the staff was worth, what, something like 200-300 in CS. From my experience, this felt like farming for dragon, and a dragon is gold cap if not more, so I;d rather farm dragon now (I know I know a lvl 30 cannot farm dragon - but hey, life is unfair).

Wyvern
08-24-2012, 02:58 AM
Great guide. Now if only I could get a green ice drop...

Griffinfan
08-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Green Ice is not at the same level than other frozen weapons. I think green ice is 32 and the others 30, or the other way around. I havent traded that for two months, cant remember. Names are the same though, but they are green (light green) instead of blue. I think a nice addition would be to post a picture of these weapons indeed, agree with Roc on that.
I have personnally spent a lot of time farming green ice, and have had very little luck. Perhaps giving some stats would be interesting if available. This is a really rare loot and I question whether or not this is worth it. Last time I checked the staff was worth, what, something like 200-300 in CS. From my experience, this felt like farming for dragon, and a dragon is gold cap if not more, so I;d rather farm dragon now (I know I know a lvl 30 cannot farm dragon - but hey, life is unfair).

Yeah I was thinking of putting those up, ill put up pics of them to. I personally tried farming for about a month off and on and got 5 drops, (3 swords) I know the swords are highly valued in pvp on those levels for the DPS. Now that the forgotten items are out it may hurt the value of these items, also I think the shivering bow is mainly just for show lol

demonsty
08-27-2012, 04:35 PM
until i read this guide i always thought green ice items actually had green ice in their name. no wonder i could never find anyone selling it in CS. i figured, Wow it must really be rare.

Griffinfan
08-27-2012, 08:08 PM
until i read this guide i always thought green ice items actually had green ice in their name. no wonder i could never find anyone selling it in CS. i figured, Wow it must really be rare.

Not really, you just have to get lucky, with time and dedication you will get some drops

Also the signs of green ice is Level 32 Iceberg longsword/Staff/Shivering bow. and Green ice is a Pink weapon :)

Ubernewber
10-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Nice guide seems kinda bland somehow don't know how though :/

Entertaining
10-29-2012, 06:09 PM
You just kill bosses and get lucky.

Griffinfan
10-30-2012, 09:08 AM
I made this guild when the cap was 66( like right after it came out) And back then it required strategy,....now?...not so much :(

Yich
10-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Gf outdated guides...

Griffinfan
11-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Gf outdated guides...

+1 lol

It wassss dead, but then someone HAD to revive it -_-

AresDamage
11-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Thx for the guide, Helped alot!