PDA

View Full Version : weapon for paladin

Raxie
08-10-2010, 08:12 AM
ok so i have narrowed it down to 3 weapons.
khopesh of thoth, d'jinn spear of thoth and plasma of thoth.
which one do you think is better and why? i don't think the khopesh is better than the plasma but it just looks cooler so i put it up there.:)
i put the spear up there because it has a chance to break armour. however, can someone explain to me in detail what breaking armour does? does it reduce the armour by a certain amount of points or something?

Royce
08-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Spear>plasma>khopesh
Break armor reduces opponent armor like the avian skill. Plasma swords have a similar but weaker lightning proc.

KingFu
08-10-2010, 08:21 AM
I would recommend the plasma, or the spear, the spear has a chance at breaking armor (like you said), and the plasma weakens armor using lightning proc, but the spear has higher damage, and the plasma has more DPS, so do you like more of a damage base (spear)? Or do you prefer more of a DPS base (plasma)? I myself prefer DPS, so I would go with the plasma. Also, is the khopesh for sale? ;)

Royce
08-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Nothing wrong with going for DPS and the plasma but just FYI the spear also has a bit more range so you don't have to get quite as up close and personal with your target.

KingFu
08-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Nothing wrong with going for DPS and the plasma but just FYI the spear also has a bit more range so you don't have to get quite as up close and personal with your target.

But, if you are looking for range, go with a 2H ;)

Is the spears short range worth it? I haven't found it much more ranged than the sword.

jonboy
08-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Ahh royce, if just gone paly myself (thanks violent) and noticed that I had more range with the spear have dijinn Horus ATM so not as good as Thoth but I'm loving the range of the spear.

Jstizar
08-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Spear>plasma>khopesh
Break armor reduces opponent armor like the avian skill. Plasma swords have a similar but weaker lightning proc.

Spear works really well for PvE but in PvP, the person that your pvping must have to suck to actually hit them with anything but your AOE spells.

Royce
08-10-2010, 09:28 AM
The main issue for Paladins and melee fighting is that you don't have any stun skills and only limited rooting (freezing) skills, so your enemies will be wriggling around in and out of range. I find that less of a problem with a spear (or 2-hand sword which unfortunately suck in oasis). And Jstizar is right, you do most of your damage with skills (enhanced by crits which is why you need dex), so if you can break your opponent's armor with a spear and then wreck them with skills, you'll be in good shape ;)

Raxie
08-10-2010, 04:10 PM
does breaking armour reduce armour by half or something? also, is spear the only weapon that can break armour? how about the plasma and khopesh; can they also break armour?
edit: i hate 2h swords lol. they are so slow and i can't hold a shield.

Royce
08-10-2010, 04:18 PM
does breaking armour reduce armour by half or something? also, is spear the only weapon that can break armour? how about the plasma and khopesh; can they also break armour?

Break armor reduces armor by a set number of points but I am not sure of the exact number or if it is the same in PvE as PvP (where you could actually test it). The spear isn't the only armor breaking weapon, tridents and pitchforks also break armor. Different weapons have different procs. The plasma swords have a different armor reducing proc called lightning. Khopeshs have no proc at all which is why they are only for looks.

Raxie
08-10-2010, 04:20 PM
is the lightning proc more efficient than the armour breaking spear?
there also aren't any thoth or isis lvl 45 tridens and pitchforks are there lol.

Royce
08-10-2010, 04:23 PM
is the lightning proc more efficient than the armour breaking spear?
there also aren't any thoth or isis lvl 45 tridens and pitchforks are there lol.

The break armor proc seems to be more effective than lightning, but that's based on observation and hearsay and not hard testing. There are no Thoth or Isis tridents or pitchforks because they are level 30-35 items and there was not Thoth/Isis at that level. The best ones are the Copperhead and Swamp Rat tridents from the swamps (earlier equivalents to Horus and Osiris).

Raxie
08-10-2010, 05:21 PM
so the plasma could be better because it has higher dps than the spear?
the lightning proc and the break armour proc hasn't been compared so the plasma could be better right?
edit: are there any other procs that i don't know about?

Royce
08-10-2010, 05:28 PM
so the plasma could be better because it has higher dps than the spear?
the lightning proc and the break armour proc hasn't been compared so the plasma could be better right?
edit: are there any other procs that i don't know about?

Well, as a melee warrior who usually gets only a few blows in and uses a lot of skills, I would personally take the big damage and extended range of the spear over the DPS of the sword even if the procs were exactly equal, but that's just my preference and it really depends on how you play. To your second question, I don't know because I don't know what procs you do know about ;)

Raxie
08-11-2010, 12:14 AM
i only know nightmare, lightning and break armour proc.
does extra fire damage count as a proc?

Royce
08-11-2010, 06:49 AM
i only know nightmare, lightning and break armour proc.
does extra fire damage count as a proc?

Yes. Here are some more: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?4916-What-are-all-the-different-weapon-procs-and-what-do-they-do