PDA

View Full Version : How to do Mt. Fang Count Vlod without elixirs.

superme
04-08-2012, 03:36 PM
This thread is late, but I guess this is for newer players.

So, there is a secret ingredient on how to do Count Vlod without elixirs and this is....

The tank!!!

Not just any tank, the tank has to be a smart tank. The tank should be preferably lvl 65 or 66. Well, why do we need a tank? We need a tank so that he/she can beckon Count Vlod to a corner and keep him there!

There should not be more than 2 tanks/bears, else the bears can beckon Count Vlod to distant corners of the room and the party will waste time running over to him.
The usual party should be 2 mages, 2 birds or 3 mages 1 bird with the tank of course.
If there is 3 mages and 1 bird and the tank, one mage can stand outside of the room in case the party is struggling.

Here's a few tips:

1. If u die, and you are not a mage and you feel like the mage(s) can't revive you, respawn. Why? Well, because if everyone dies, then Vlod regenerates his health. But if one person respawns before everyone dies, Vlod will not regenerate.
2. Distance. At least one mage should be far away from him, only close enough so that auto will hit him, unless, you are the backup mage.
3. GOOD LUCK FARMING!!!!

I'm sorry that this thread is short, but this is pretty much it. Sorry, I don't have any pictures at the moment :(
I managed to do this with the awesome tank, Cutaree and my friend. The other people are only lvl 62. We managed to defeat Vlod with the tank, 3 mages and a bird.

Fao
04-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Nice guide, I never want to fight him again!! Maybe I could!!

n00b13st
04-08-2012, 03:59 PM
This type of information is likely said in more than one other place but it's so rare that I see good teamwork I'm all in favor of spreading the word far and wide. What you said is the basics of how a good group should handle a boss - thank you for putting it out there once more.

ExperimentNebulaCore
04-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Wait, we can beakon theem n will they fly? Fang bosses and nuri bosses dont move when stomp and beakon. Im confused.

Sky../
04-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Maybe your beckon missed?

kiitz
04-08-2012, 04:49 PM
I am a little confused as well. A geared tank bear still can get killed after the beckon attack happens. What is your recommendation for the fight? Does the tank sit in the corner and eat shots to the face while spamming pots? Does that even work? What happens if the boss spawns one of the dark clouds where he is standing? And as mentioned above, beckon doesn't work on these bosses...

Appleisaac
04-08-2012, 06:23 PM
If I get him to the corner he does his own beckon and then laughs, and the whole party dies...

Kaytar
04-08-2012, 06:29 PM
I only beat him once. Can't figure out how to avoid his hit that owns the whole party

superme
04-08-2012, 07:14 PM
The tank should survive Count Vlod's laugh with at least a third of his health left... Beckon does work on Count Vlod. The bear I went with survived all of Vlod's attacks throughout the whole battle. The birds and mages stand at a distance, so when Count Vlod laughs, they can run far away, enough to evade his attack.

Appleisaac
04-08-2012, 08:13 PM
The tank should survive Count Vlod's laugh with at least a third of his health left... Beckon does work on Count Vlod. The bear I went with survived all of Vlod's attacks throughout the whole battle. The birds and mages stand at a distance, so when Count Vlod laughs, they can run far away, enough to evade his attack.

:P guessing an int bear tank won't survive then ^_^... I'm too used to bosses taking SKLILL to tank, and not just sheer armor ^_^ useful guide though for str bears...