PDA

View Full Version : int bear setup(s)?

MrKrone
04-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Hey guys, I for somereason cant find any useful guides or posts about int bears, and how their setups should be.
I just made a new toon today, and he will be an intbear. But before I spec him, I want to know how exactly it should be done.
Ie, Stat allocation, skill allocation, what gear sets I should keep an eye out for, combos, etc. The whole fourteen hundred yards.
He will be a pve bear. 1-65.
If anyone can link me to something that can help, or if you can just make a mini guide here, it would be MUCH appreciated!
Thanks!

Swampy
04-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm currently experimenting with a 35 int bear and it's ok. You don't get as much damage and you get hit harder...I use a dark wand and the brainfreeze gear and eyeball. I've tried the whole voodoo set but I find the dark wand works better. If my int bear turns out well I might decide to make a guide since no one really has and INT bears look EPIC.

MrKrone
04-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah, we do get hit harder, but that's why I want to play one; it requires skill.
I think I have only seen two int bears, and one int bird. Its saddening. :(

kiitz
04-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Honestly, I would say str/dex until you can get some better AOE flame staves. The basic idea is - only enough int to equip gear, otherwise dex for hit to make sure your beckon & other skills land and more damage. Really, the ability to proc the AOE damage on tightly grouped mobs is the MAIN reason to go int. Range is nice too, but just a little bonus since you still gotta get close to use slashes.

The key is rotating cooldowns and spreading out beckon, stomp and hellscream to keep them stunned as long as possible to stay alive.

Auto attack as much as possible, and make sure you are auto attacking after beckon when the mobs are grouped together. If the AOE proc happens, you'll see a TON of the mobs drop. At lower levels, maybe all of them in 1 series of attacks by yourself when you have rage up.

Xionskull
04-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks! This is great advice, my bear is going int at lvl 60.

MrKrone
04-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Honestly, I would say str/dex until you can get some better AOE flame staves.

So going pure int is not wise?

Long ago, supposedly, there was an int bear who had either the most Pcp kills or pve kills. Does anyone happen to know his stats/build? Or am I treading on holy ground here? :P

NotYoCookiez
04-09-2012, 09:55 PM
I would suggest not to go full int lol

Because honestly you might end up wanting to switch back after a few tries with it.

My set up is 115 str & int, just enought to equip gear and the rest dex, for hit percent because it will be low with str or int.

My Int Bear :)

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/notyocookiez/c0f8da63.jpg

Appleisaac
04-09-2012, 10:34 PM
I wrote a mini guide a while ago... Let me find it...

Here we go! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45323-Int-Bear-Guide

Zerious
04-09-2012, 10:34 PM
at 35 its all about them debuffs being maxed as well as iron blood

MrKrone
04-09-2012, 11:51 PM
I wrote a mini guide a while ago... Let me find it...

Here we go! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45323-Int-Bear-Guide

Sir, your mini guide has just solved everything for me. Thank you!

And of course, thanks to everyone else ^_^

nazgulking
04-10-2012, 02:13 AM
Wise choice, my friend, welcome to the circle of the druids (that's how I call the intbear build). I chose to wear staff until lvl 65 (where i was forced to switch to a wand setup since the range was shorter and it didn't have an AOE proc).
Always pick strenght armour and helmet and combine it with a staff until 55 -included- (skip the lvl 30 equip since the requirements are too high to dual spec). After choose always the INT sets (since the difference in armour between the INT and STR sets is minimal). At lvl 65 put enough INT to equip the set, same points in STR and the rest into DEX and choose the wand setup.
That's it :)

Some observations:

1) The staff setup is rather cheap overall, compared to the wand one.
2) To survive with a staff usually i do like this: Beckon the baddies to a wall, stomp, Hellscream then leave the crippled baddies to the rest of your group and your AOE attack. Of course if the baddies are tough enough you have to auto-attack them while waiting for your beacon to recharge and this is particularly efficient if you have an AOE staff.
3) As a wand druid you are actually a tank from a distance (and this is particularly true for the last two campaigns since the difference in armour is very small)
4) You will be particularly efficient in the ao2-ao3 campaigns as a staff bear

MrKrone
04-10-2012, 06:12 AM
At lvl 65 put enough INT to equip the set, same points in STR and the rest into DEX
And if I want to be int/dex? A few sources ingame told me that int/dex is extremely challenging, but that with the risk comes a great reward. And I'm up for a challenge ;)

Edit- going thrum appleisaacs guide, I found this from ellyidol-

A pure damage int bear should be dex int :)
Which only furthers my liking for going int/dex.

nazgulking
04-10-2012, 06:16 AM
And if I want to be int/dex? A few sources ingame told me that int/dex is extremely challenging, but that with the risk comes a great reward. And I'm up for a challenge ;)
Well in that case put enough INT to equip the set, same points in DEX and rest into STR (or even all the remaining points in DEX).
Personally I prefer to have some breath of surviving, equipping the STR, than beign powerful and squishy. That again is my personal choice, but many told me the best druid is a INT/DEX hybrid build.
Tell me what is it like (and expect to guzzle health pots like there is no tomorrow) ;)

MrKrone
04-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Tell me what is it like ;)
Yeah, I personally could care less about death count. In fact, I don't even frown upon them; looking at my death count as a tally marker for how many times I have learned from my mistakes makes me feel like a better overall player.

Ill report in when I have decent levels under my bears belt. Hes only level seven right now.

nazgulking
04-10-2012, 06:57 AM
Go! You have my support :)
Strangely enough no intbear-hater have showned up yet.
Be warned that people will bully you for beign an intbear. Happened to me sadly.
Never give up though, we are pro :D

RaptorBlitz
04-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Int bears suck. Int birds FTW :D

MrKrone
04-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Int bears suck. Int birds FTW :D

Gtfo mah thread, sir. Thanks for your guide though :3

Sky../
04-10-2012, 10:14 AM
For int/dex i suggest minimum int to wear staff, the rest in dex.

Swampy
04-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Int/dex isnt TOO challenging. I still have no deaths. :D There's nicer damage than I had with int/str.

MrKrone
04-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Well, its been decided that I am going dex/Int, so I don't need setup help anymore.

Guess this can just be a random int bear discussion thread, eh?

Sky../
04-10-2012, 11:03 AM
My favorite previous levels for intbears were lvl45 (apep sunkiller staff) and 50 (keeper staff of AoE pwnage)

kiitz
04-10-2012, 12:05 PM
55 with the Enchanted gem blast staff was "a blast" as well because there was a ton of HP/second on that gear. The demonic gear at 60 was awesome as well!

In Appleissac's guide, a few people say that putting points in Str increases your skill damage.

I am pretty sure this is incorrect. I am at work right now, but when I get home, I am going to test it again!

Canyon97
04-10-2012, 12:32 PM
If u meet htiek which still play pl by the way lol then ask him. Last time i met him he had a dex/ int setup so that is alot harder than a str/int setup with lack of armor and health. But he does have the highest amount of kills for bears sp definetely ask him if u can. Also from my knowledge use staffs cuz stomp's damage is increased and everything. Hope this helped!

wvhills
04-10-2012, 12:46 PM
i have a level 55 int/dex bear that I'm going to respec back to str/dex. The int doesn't work for me. The damage is higher with the enchanted set than the custom set but my crit with enchanted is 14 compared to 48 with custom. The armor is higher with the staff but I don't think it's enough to warrant going int/dex versues str/dex.

Htiek
04-10-2012, 02:03 PM

Edit- going thrum appleisaacs guide, I found this from ellyidol-

Which only furthers my liking for going int/dex.

If you like extremely challenging, go pure int ;D
Welcome a new smart teddy ^^

MrKrone
04-10-2012, 03:45 PM
If you like extremely challenging, go pure int ;D
Welcome a new smart teddy ^^
Hmm. Maybe ill make two int bears. One dex/int, one int. teehee.

Appleisaac
04-10-2012, 04:38 PM

its gonna take a lot of work to make a pure int bear, but you could always try ;). i suggest making your dex/int bear first so you can get the hang of int before you sacrifice your dmg AND armor XD

MrKrone
04-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Oh trust me, I will! God this is gonna be a blast! *badum tss*

FluffNStuff
04-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Being able to self combo terror is what I loved about the Int bear, but the lack of hit percentage and the fact you can't debuff a Mage in PVP is what I hated about it.

Appleisaac
04-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Being able to self combo terror is what I loved about the Int bear, but the lack of hit percentage and the fact you can't debuff a Mage in PVP is what I hated about it.

well sadly the wands after sewers dont give proc (CURSE YOU STS), but for a dex/int bear hit percentage is no problem at all.

Htiek
04-10-2012, 11:38 PM

If you will make two int bears, maybe try make one more of this build, thats fantastic XD
Try 3 way spec, like 111-112 str/dex/int, you can eq lvl47-49 AO3 pinks
Use harpoon & shield for tanking / gun or bow or dagger for dps / wand or staff for debuff
Currently my build similar like this, i am using hammer+bow+staff :D

RaptorBlitz
04-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Would Restore be a viable healing option for pure int? The heal gain would be increased phenomenally due to having a bear who knows first aid :p

nazgulking
04-11-2012, 03:26 AM
As a druid I have a point in restore and it does its job. :)

MrKrone
04-11-2012, 05:52 AM
If you will make two int bears, maybe try make one more of this build, thats fantastic XD
Try 3 way spec, like 111-112 str/dex/int, you can eq lvl47-49 AO3 pinks
Use harpoon & shield for tanking / gun or bow or dagger for dps / wand or staff for debuff
Currently my build similar like this, i am using hammer+bow+staff :D
I'm currently happy with starting as int/dex. Ill triple spec after I finish my int/dex and a pure int. O.o gonna be awhile.

As a druid I have a point in restore and it does its job. :)

You have a point there. (Lololol)