PDA

View Full Version : Character Names

SS Falcon
12-23-2020, 10:58 PM
Can we incorporate some type of inactive character deletion. If the character has not been active for X amount of time it should get deleted. I just hate trying to make a new character and every single name is taken.

Happilyanonymous
12-23-2020, 11:41 PM
This has been talked about and sts has said no everytime. I suggest u get more creative.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SS Falcon
12-23-2020, 11:47 PM
Why did they say no? What was the complication to add it into the system?

Happilyanonymous
12-24-2020, 12:35 AM
U can do a search in forums and read all about it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SS Falcon
12-24-2020, 01:05 AM
Why comment on a post and not actually offer information? It’s like some people in life live to be a* holes.

Roycedamagnet
12-24-2020, 02:22 AM
Why did they say no? What was the complication to add it into the system?

Lots of reasons. Some of them are:
1. Name selling used to be a huge thing back in the day and still is. Re-releasing these names will become an opportunity for a new illegal market.
2. AL has been known to have returning players. It would be unfair for these players to found out what was once their's, has now been harboured off by literally the developers of the game to another person. I had a friend that recently came back after 5 years of inactivity and he had some op IGNs. Would have been a shame if they got handed over to someone else.
3. It's complicated and an unnecessary tangle of mess.

P.S, these are not my opinions but the points that were made by devs in response to this suggestion, over the years.

Emulsify
12-24-2020, 06:12 AM
You just don't have perseverance to look for In Game Names. I, myself, likes to use the dictionary and manually typing it in game to see if the word is still available. Some of the IGN I gaveaway are:
Detainer, Suspecting, Signifier. I also got some really nice IGN for myself. I got most of the names this 2020. If you really want something you just have to put effort into getting it. Anyways, goodluck on your sewrch for an in game name.
https://media3.giphy.com/media/wrBURfbZmqqXu/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7lz1wfwtnf5ubmdgxjl9zjciox4wy foz6wsczrlmy&rid=giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

SS Falcon
12-24-2020, 10:03 AM
Lots of reasons. Some of them are:
1. Name selling used to be a huge thing back in the day and still is. Re-releasing these names will become an opportunity for a new illegal market.
2. AL has been known to have returning players. It would be unfair for these players to found out what was once their's, has now been harboured off by literally the developers of the game to another person. I had a friend that recently came back after 5 years of inactivity and he had some op IGNs. Would have been a shame if they got handed over to someone else.
3. It's complicated and an unnecessary tangle of mess.

P.S, these are not my opinions but the points that were made by devs in response to this suggestion, over the years.

Thank you for the explanation. Name selling is illegal no? And if it’s not illegal how do you go about buying names?

Cinco
12-24-2020, 10:07 AM
Thank you for the explanation. Name selling is illegal no? And if it’s not illegal how do you go about buying names?

You don’t go about buying names unless you’re planning to go out with a big ‘ban.’ ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk