PDA

View Full Version : Chain Reaction

Cake
04-09-2012, 06:28 PM
So, my story begins like this:
I've noticed a lot of bad things going around in the forums, and decided that I should become a WALRUS. WALRUSES are peaceful animals and they're well behaved, better behaved than humans. I've already eaten 10 tons of food and cut of my arms, and I now slide where ever I go. I've already bought plane tickets to go to the Arctic Circle (that's where the majority of walruses live). If you support me I WILL BECOME THE GREATEST WALRUS EVAR! (:3=

I'm just kidding here is the real story:
I Pvp A LOT, like A LOT, I've perfected a lvl 19, 20, and 23 bear build that almost no one can defeat, and also a 26 Mage that I beat people almost 96% of the time. This shows that I've been Pvping a lot :D I've been seeing a lot of bad things in Pvp going on such as farming of newer players without reason and VERY INAPPROPRIATE language used in Pvp. Recently I've been seeing a lot of sad things going around not only in Pvp but in towns and dungeons. There is a lot of vulgar language being used and that's a serious problem. A lot of "Pro's" are scaring off newer players in PL with scams, inappropriate language, and by making fun of them. PL is a video game where we go to, to have fun, not to be made fun of. As a community I want to start a new program called "Chain Reaction". In this program people start off a chain reactions by doing good to the community, and helping others. If someone looks new and is trying to sell a useless pink found at pentacle of pain then you should pay for it, not for 500 gold but for 50k this is will show that person that PL is a place of good not evil, and maybe one day we might too give out money and help others and get a positive view on this game. I'm not saying to give out free gold, I'm saying that you should do something nice, even if its small, like when someone kills you in Pvp don't rage and say noob say good job or nice build. A simple idea can start a chain reaction! Not everyone that PL use the forums, so lets get out there and change the WORLD!

BUT WE CAN'T DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF HATE :O

Theawesomeone
04-09-2012, 06:29 PM
I completely agree, and I will follow with this movement

Elyseon
04-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Oops i broke da chain

Cake
04-09-2012, 06:40 PM
And I've fixed the chain by smashing the broken chain (You) to smithereens and attached it back together with the forces of good

Elyseon
04-09-2012, 06:41 PM
I seem to be unharmed, the troll gods are protecting me

Cake
04-09-2012, 06:48 PM
No seriously, get out if you aren't going to help me and other players and be a bad troll

Elyseon
04-09-2012, 06:50 PM
There was already a thread just like this, it accomplished nothing sry, but the people who dont agree with u just feed off these complaints

Theawesomeone
04-09-2012, 06:53 PM
I actually helped someone today by giving them a Pvp build, and they looked happy and might spread the happiness

Cake
04-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Good job awesome, you truely are "The Awesome One" lol, keep spreading good and don't let people put you down, ahem* ahem* Elyseon. Also Elyseon I know that you think this will get no where, but you have to at least try , and if you don't your just not human

Elyseon
04-09-2012, 07:01 PM
lol its not i like im just a jerk to everyone, i agree, it would be nice if the world was a better place, the point is its not.
There was a thread almost exactly like this and someone disagreed with them and the ppl siding with the OP ended up doing exactly what they wanted to stop.
People are gonna be haters. Make the decision on your own for u personally to show love and kindness. Gathering 'a force of good' will do no more than encourage the ppl your trying to stop

Phoenixking
04-09-2012, 07:05 PM
There's never a white or black, just always a grey...just saying, I dont believe in heroism or the good people, this world goes round because of the greed and taking o.o, though sadly, I wish that wasn't true

Suentous PO
04-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm all for real altruism, but the best folks I've known wouldn't announce their kind deeds. They just do what they do. It might be unfortunate if folks "did good" just for the opportunity to get applause.
But don't get me wrong, I'm not disrespecting what you intend with this thread, but it might become a "look at me I help" (for attention or hope of reward) thread.
Either way, cheers

Cake
04-09-2012, 08:00 PM
^I understand your point, but I didn't make this thread, so that I can say 'Look at me doing good" I'm doing this as an announcement, just trying to tell everyone that there is a lot of bad in the world, but ty fot the bump assist :P

Swimmingstar
04-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Sounds just like a book! It's possible! You just need hope, faith, and ivy june. Wait no just hope and faith.

Cake
04-09-2012, 08:06 PM
^Thanks

Phoenixking
04-09-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm all for real altruism, but the best folks I've known wouldn't announce their kind deeds. They just do what they do. It might be unfortunate if folks "did good" just for the opportunity to get applause.
But don't get me wrong, I'm not disrespecting what you intend with this thread, but it might become a "look at me I help" (for attention or hope of reward) thread.
Either way, cheers
Just like aoa or aob, most players join for the reward, but there are some good people in that group, but I'm just pointing it out

plmafiaboss
04-09-2012, 08:31 PM
50k for a useless pink? Im still stuck on that part lol

Suentous PO
04-09-2012, 08:46 PM
I wasn't implying you were doing this for reward but you set up a thread where others prolly will for attention. The same way folks make guides that have already been made, as if it's the first step to stardom. I'd rather people didn't do "good" just for their turn on the soapbox where they publicly pat themselves on the back.
Have you seen the AOK thread? As to bad behavior just report.
Just my perspective, don't mean to sound argumentive.

Appleisaac
04-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Okay I was with you until you said I should pay some newby 50k for his "BASTARD SWORD OF ARNOLD SCHRAWTSINAGR". They need to learn that some pinks are worhless crap... :-/ and besides if they are genuin newbs 500 is a lot. I'll help the community by giving advice,items, or even large sums of money, but I don't see how giving a newbie 50k for crap will help :-/. After all, they will now think "my pinkz r wurth sumting!" and will sell pinks at outrageously high prices... Think about what u just did. You gave a newby 50k and taught him that, "IF I GET A PINK I CAN SELL IT FOR TONS OF MONEY! IM GONNA GO FARM SKELLER CRYPTS FOR FIVE HOURS!"... Now the new player is even worse off then before.

Elyseon
04-09-2012, 09:25 PM
I will now be making new chars and selling all my skeller pinks to you ;D
50k each remember

Cake
04-09-2012, 09:41 PM
OH MY GOSH LOOK OVER THERE!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> (Nothing)
But below me you can see an un related whale

╭━━━━━━━━━╮╭┓┈┈┏╮
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃┃╰╮╭╯┃
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃╰━┓┏━╯
┃┈┈┈┈┈-●┈┈┈╰━━╯┃
┣━━━━━━╯┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
╰━━━━━-=-==-=-=-=====━━╯
un related whale

ALSO,due to the amount of hate in this thread going on I'm going to be a walrus like I said before

Elyseon
04-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I would have alot more respect for u if u were one, they are one step below oysters

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m513/ThePhantomCow/il_170x135230717518.jpg

Appleisaac
04-09-2012, 09:57 PM
IMO the whale is the best thing you wrote in this thread so far ;) I do agree with you saying there are too many kill farmers though...

Cake
04-09-2012, 10:00 PM
^ And I can't believe your a "Ambassador of Alterra" making fun of me trying to discriminate against my thread, saying I'm more lowly than an oyster and trying to stop me from doing anything good. When I "Troll" I'm doing it for fun and for the laughs and as a joke you on the other hand want to seriously hurt someone's feelings and attitudes against others. Its because people like YOU that make me not want to do good, and feel like giving up. How on earth did someone like you get to become an Ambassador of Alterra. Also here is a fact: Walruses eat oysters so they are a step ahead on the food chain, not below

Xettacross
04-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Do we have to add the new people? I used to try and help new people a few months back and it was fine at first. A few thank yous here and there were nice. Till the constant begging for gold and the spam invites and constant "help me lvl?" Pm's started to pile on. Oh and good luck with the whole walrus thing.

Cake
04-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Sorry apple i didn't want to direct that 2 u wanted to direct it to ely

Cake
04-09-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm sorry if I went overboard, but that's how I truly feel

Lowlyspy
04-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Okay I was with you until you said I should pay some newby 50k for his "BASTARD SWORD OF ARNOLD SCHRAWTSINAGR". They need to learn that some pinks are worhless crap... :-/ and besides if they are genuin newbs 500 is a lot. I'll help the community by giving advice,items, or even large sums of money, but I don't see how giving a newbie 50k for crap will help :-/. After all, they will now think "my pinkz r wurth sumting!" and will sell pinks at outrageously high prices... Think about what u just did. You gave a newby 50k and taught him that, "IF I GET A PINK I CAN SELL IT FOR TONS OF MONEY! IM GONNA GO FARM SKELLER CRYPTS FOR FIVE HOURS!"... Now the new player is even worse off then before.
Yup. Giving them a ton of gold for a "poopink" will do nothing but set them up to fail, thus doing more harm than good.

Here's an idea, actually TEACH newbies things. I encounter newbies often and occasionally when they are begging for stuff I will tell them "come one, let's go run a bit and get you some gear, all begging will do is get people mad at you." (we all know it is true, every one of us has muted a newbie at some point for begging or just told them to go away.)

But anyway, I would take them into a dungeon but I won't use my main, i'll use a toon of their class and their level. With this toon I will show them the power that can be pulled out of their class with the right stuff and a little hard work. On countless occasions I have left the newbie with some not-so-awesome-but-not-so-bad items (such as halloween gear, always a good item to give to a newbie because thry are better than most things the newbies would be able to get their hands on) and met them later and they are level 50+ with some really good gear.

To sum it up, teaching will always trump being charitable. Giving people a lot of gold for a crap pink may make them feel good but it will also make them think they can get the same amount for other crap pinks and eventually they will get discouraged when they find out they got a handout and they wasted their time farming crap pinks.

It's a nice thought though.

Appleisaac
04-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Yup. Giving them a ton of gold for a "poopink" will do nothing but set them up to fail, thus doing more harm than good.

Here's an idea, actually TEACH newbies things. I encounter newbies often and occasionally when they are begging for stuff I will tell them "come one, let's go run a bit and get you some gear, all begging will do is get people mad at you." (we all know it is true, every one of us has muted a newbie at some point for begging or just told them to go away.)

But anyway, I would take them into a dungeon but I won't use my main, i'll use a toon of their class and their level. With this toon I will show them the power that can be pulled out of their class with the right stuff and a little hard work. On countless occasions I have left the newbie with some not-so-awesome-but-not-so-bad items (such as halloween gear, always a good item to give to a newbie because thry are better than most things the newbies would be able to get their hands on) and met them later and they are level 50+ with some really good gear.

To sum it up, teaching will always trump being charitable. Giving people a lot of gold for a crap pink may make them feel good but it will also make them think they can get the same amount for other crap pinks and eventually they will get discouraged when they find out they got a handout and they wasted their time farming crap pinks.

It's a nice thought though.
And that it why lowly is AoA ^_^ lol... I just gained so much respect for you.

Lowlyspy
04-09-2012, 11:37 PM
And that it why lowly was AoA ^_^ lol... I just gained so much respect for you.

Fixed that for ya. Resigned when I retired from PL.