PDA

View Full Version : Making a guide? Read this!

dudetus
04-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Congratulations to u if u have decided to make a guide!

I am here today to tell u guidemakers about a very special feature, which seems to be used only in rare occasions

BEHOLD!

THE SEARCH FUNCTION

I know u all are now probably thinking what does it do? Well tbh it is very complicated and that is the fact why it is used so seldom. U need to write some stuff into it and click on a thingamob and the conclusion is that there comes something out as a result of the search. I know this sounds complicated but if used correctly u r able to find out some really irrelevant things like has this type of guide already been made with much better info and presentation. I know this is useless but I think it's good to know.

The search process is tricky and that's why I have gathered FAQs about the search function.

FAQs

Q: Even though I try to write, the text won't go to the search function blank. Any help?

A: In order to write to the search function, u need to click on the blank spot to be able to write stuff to there.

Q: I typed the thing I was looking for into the Search Blank, but I am not getting any results.

A: In order to do the search itself u need to press that grey thingamob next to the blank.

Q: I was trying to search for Warbird info and after I typed Rawdrib I couldn't find any results.

A: U sir made a common mistake: In order to find what u were looking for u need to assemble the letters excactly how the word itself is spelled. The search function is so stupid, I know.

Q: I finished my super important guide on how to log into game and I put super funny cat pictures in it and all was written in pink. When I tried to post the thread, my internets froze and my computer exploded. Why?

A: In certain circumstances when the guide is ridiculous enough, the automatic Forum Suicide function kicks in and it destroys all of the data which was included in ur guide. This has happened to me numerous times when I have been making my "How to look" - guides but u'll get used to it.

Happy guide making :)!

Sky../
04-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Lol

Sryyoulose
04-11-2012, 09:33 AM
That Was Hilarious.

Beanmachine
04-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Haha:D

Elyseon
04-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Um can u help me, i r noob, and want to makes somes guides plx... maybe one about the definition of pocket legends?

dudetus
04-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Um can u help me, i r noob, and want to makes somes guides plx... maybe one about the definition of pocket legends?

Yes that is a very good idea!!

How about adding a lvling guide in it as well! Would be something new :)!

Pinocciohh
04-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Congratulations to u if u have decided to make a guide!

I am here today to tell u guidemakers about a very special feature, which seems to be used only in rare occasions

BEHOLD!

THE SEARCH FUNCTION

I know u all are now probably thinking what does it do? Well tbh it is very complicated and that is the fact why it is used so seldom. U need to write some stuff into it and click on a thingamob and the conclusion is that there comes something out as a result of the search. I know this sounds complicated but if used correctly u r able to find out some really irrelevant things like has this type of guide already been made with much better info and presentation. I know this is useless but I think it's good to know.

The search process is tricky and that's why I have gathered FAQs about the search function.

FAQs

Q: Even though I try to write, the text won't go to the search function blank. Any help?

A: In order to write to the search function, u need to click on the blank spot to be able to write stuff to there.

Q: I typed the thing I was looking for into the Search Blank, but I am not getting any results.

A: In order to do the search itself u need to press that grey thingamob next to the blank.

Q: I was trying to search for Warbird info and after I typed Rawdrib I couldn't find any results.

A: U sir made a common mistake: In order to find what u were looking for u need to assemble the letters excactly how the word itself is spelled. The search function is so stupid, I know.

Q: I finished my super important guide on how to log into game and I put super funny cat pictures in it and all was written in pink. When I tried to post the thread, my internets froze and my computer exploded. Why?

A: In certain circumstances when the guide is ridiculous enough, the automatic Forum Suicide function kicks in and it destroys all of the data which was included in ur guide. This has happened to me numerous times when I have been making my "How to look" - guides but u'll get used to it.

Happy guide making :)!

The 'Thingamob' i think is a magnifying glass? xD

It is a good guide, good job! :D

Elyseon
04-11-2012, 11:12 AM

Yes that is a very good idea!!

How about adding a lvling guide in it as well! Would be something new :)!
Okz i maybe add some pvp guide too

dudetus
04-11-2012, 12:03 PM
The 'Thingamob' i think is a magnifying glass? xD

It is a good guide, good job! :D

No it is a thingamob and this isn't a guide. More of like a pointer ;)

dudetus
04-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Okz i maybe add some pvp guide too

Yes it would be nice to add some PvP info to it as well! No one has ever even posted anything about PvP so what we rly need is a PvP guide!

Suentous PO
04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
*spits lunch all over screen laughing*
thank you.
stickie this, lol

Artemis
04-11-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry if this is a offensive, but this is a joke guide right? :p

dudetus
04-11-2012, 04:09 PM
*spits lunch all over screen laughing*
thank you.
stickie this, lol

Lol ty :D!

dudetus
04-11-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm sorry if this is a offensive, but this is a joke guide right? :p

Well tbh... Kinda is a joke guide and kinda is not. Sure all the things I put in there are jokes but they have a deeper meaning inside them ;)

MrKrone
04-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Such as, if you cant figure out how to search for something, or click a thingabob, you shouldn't be alive?

gotrocks420
04-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Yes it would be nice to add some PvP info to it as well! No one has ever even posted anything about PvP so what we rly need is a PvP guide!

And a money making.guide. Theres only like 12 of those.

No, what we really need is a comprehensive 'how to beg in pl' guide, something you briefly tiuched on in your how to look like a ho o guide.

Noodleleg
04-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Cool! This is probably going to result in another look-like guide. So er...how's this going to work? The cameo =p

Otukura
04-11-2012, 09:40 PM
The irony is that someone already created a guide for this... including the part about search.

fuzzylazer
04-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Rofl

dudetus
04-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Cool! This is probably going to result in another look-like guide. So er...how's this going to work? The cameo =p

Nah lol :D. This has nothing to do with my How to look - guides! This was just a result of me being rly bored :D.

Arterra
04-12-2012, 12:32 AM
but damn is the search function lacking sometimes... picking up threads with the word you are searching for (ie warbird) randomly on the second page, but not what you are looking for.

if only people used the thread tagging option more...

gotrocks420
04-12-2012, 12:48 AM
but damn is the search function lacking sometimes... picking up threads with the word you are searching for (ie warbird) randomly on the second page, but not what you are looking for.

100% agree. The search function can turn up a ton of worthless garbage. Or nothing at all if you get too specific.

dudetus
04-12-2012, 12:56 AM

Lol yup... I don't even put myself the tags but I try to title the guide so it would still come out. Like "Warbird PvE Guide". Well what can u say..? I am lazy :(.

Offtopic:

I just can't help laughing when I try to search for "Bear" and there comes out Robbie's Scatterbear guide. Imagine how many newbies has that guide freaked out :D!

Arterra
04-12-2012, 02:31 AM
I just can't help laughing when I try to search for "Bear" and there comes out Robbie's Scatterbear guide. Imagine how many newbies has that guide freaked out :D!

oh god why what has been wrought

dudetus
04-12-2012, 02:40 AM
The irony is that someone already created a guide for this... including the part about search.

Umh. I know there are many diffirent guides on making a guide :D

As I have stated, this is sort of a message to some new guidemakers ;)

Samhayne
04-20-2012, 10:20 PM
This is a troll post. We ask that you not create baiting or insulting posts designed to stir up negative discussion.

Thread closed.