PDA

View Full Version : Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - First Five Minutes of Gameplay

Samhayne
04-11-2012, 11:15 AM
We would love to hear your thoughts about the first 5 minutes of gameplay in Dark Legends and the Dark Legends Tutorial. After you have played Dark Legends, please post your thoughts below.

We ask that you please keep your feedback constructive, as per the Forum Rules at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.

Thanks!

morfic
04-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Okay, so I just finished my first 5 minutes of gameplay, and here are my thoughts:

1: The feel of the game is awesome so far. The charge up attacks, and the effects of the special moves really give you a sense of power. I love charging up my attack and seeing zombies explode everywhere. (The blood spatter helps this a lot). So pretty addictive combat so far! Love it!

2: I think you're start up tutorial is a great idea. By the time I finished it, I had a grasp on the basics of the game, and it kept me entertained.

3: I am still scared about the energy, but need to test this further than 5 minutes.

FUN SO FAR!

ninjaduck
04-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Morf how are you playing it?!

Walkhardd
04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Feels awesome, and I agree that the tutorial is very good.

The one thing im going to have to get use to is the fact you can't rotate the camara.

Quick question about the premium toon. It asked me if id like to buy a premium toon. I said yes. it took me to where you buy plat. Once I bought it, I had to reconnect to the game, and now i can't find where to buy it again.

Last thing. Is there no towns to "hang out" in?

octavos
04-11-2012, 12:37 PM
My feed back

0. tutorial is nice
1. when i first started...town...i was like...where is it.
2. I was a bit confused when doing missions...one minute i would see my toon draining a guy and the next he was making a hole in the ground. i thought i would be killing most of the time lol.
3. before I buy plat i wanted to know if the max was 500 plat...or was there going to be 2k like other games?
4. 50 plat for new toon, wow a bit high since were used to 5 plat per toon slot
5. navigation is a bit odd, but the more ill play the more ill get used to it
6. energy is debatable for the hardcrore, so leveling will be an issue
7. Promo codes, fantastic :D love it
8. cant see my name or level...i dont know what levl i am lol
9. no stashing vanity's for another alt. they are on the same account, why cant i switch?

Ill update as i come across them.

Justg
04-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Feels awesome, and I agree that the tutorial is very good.

The one thing im going to have to get use to is the fact you can't rotate the camara.

Quick question about the premium toon. It asked me if id like to buy a premium toon. I said yes. it took me to where you buy plat. Once I bought it, I had to reconnect to the game, and now i can't find where to buy it again.

Last thing. Is there no towns to "hang out" in?

- You can rotate the camera (fully!) from Options > Unlock Camera setting
- Premium toon is available from main screen, little $ sign by your name
- Towne is Sanctuary... get there from any Map

ninjaduck
04-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Seriously HOW ARE YOU PLAYING IT!?!?!!!!!111!1?1

octavos
04-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Seriously HOW ARE YOU PLAYING IT!?!?!!!!!111!1?1
Chrome :p

Seiyen
04-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Ninjaaaa its out on chrome!

ninjaduck
04-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Grrr i r jelly so jelly. Must calm down. Grrrrrrr.

morfic
04-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Additional feedback.

The plat prices do seem a bit steep. 50 plat for an additional character slot... only up to 500 plat purchases for $50... Then if you really wanna grind this game out, you have to constantly spend 10 plat to replenish energy (or skip missions), or you can spend plat to buy experience, or buy gold.. Pretty much everything requires plat.

That's my only complaint so far; Game is super duper plat heavy. But it's still awesome so far.

ninjaduck
04-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Additional feedback.

The plat prices do seem a bit steep. 50 plat for an additional character slot... only up to 500 plat purchases for $50... Then if you really wanna grind this game out, you have to constantly spend 10 plat to replenish energy (or skip missions), or you can spend plat to buy experience, or buy gold.. Pretty much everything requires plat.

That's my only complaint so far; Game is super duper plat heavy. But it's still awesome so far.

Nooooo! I thought it would be the opposite! :( :( :(

StompArtist
04-11-2012, 01:20 PM
I think the game is great. The look and feel are outstanding, congrats to the artistic group.

I wish the difficulty level (in solo mode) would be increased by a lot, mobs are a bit too easy.
The energy costs of running levels should be made clearer on the map to reduce clicking :D

Besides that well... I just found another hole in my pocket fund. lol

Samhayne
04-11-2012, 02:47 PM
I think the game is great. The look and feel are outstanding, congrats to the artistic group.

I wish the difficulty level (in solo mode) would be increased by a lot, mobs are a bit too easy.
The energy costs of running levels should be made clearer on the map to reduce clicking :D

Besides that well... I just found another hole in my pocket fund. lol

We're glad to hear you are enjoying Dark Legends, StompArtist!

Regarding the monster difficulty, when you get to the upper levels (current max is 20) things get a bit more rough. Keep in mind that the design of the game is to have you feel like a crazy powerful vampire. Wading through hordes of badguys (and giving you a number of different tools to do that) is by design.

XchilangopwnX
04-11-2012, 03:58 PM
In one word: Exhilarating

The UI was new in certain aspects compared to the others Legends titles.
How it is more story based is quite Wonderful.
The Graphics were well designed.
The xp gain at then end of a run instead of per mob is intriguing.
The town is cool because of how you can go into building and such.
CTF no spawning idea was perfect I really loved that.
The energy concept was all good until I hit level 6 and got stuck waiting for regeneration (What I mainly dislike).
The vanity gear is cool and how the gems are what improve your stats.
Overall great game I love it I am not disappointed, just take care of revamping the Energy Mechanics cause it is too plat oriented for a hardcore free2play gamer.
I Love Dark Legends!
Superb work STS!

Fyrce
04-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Love the 1st 5 minute so much I've done it like 7 times already :p

Love the tutorial, the blood is great, and yes, I do enjoy rounding up the zombies and doing charged-up powers on them. Haven't had as much experience with the energy thing, but I'm sure I'm about to. LOVE all the customized looks and think the gold drains are a fantastic idea. Of course, I don't have that much gold yet :p

It doesn't look like I can trade vanities between my characters? I think it'd be great to be able to do this, especially as we level up.

So far, amazingly fun. I gotta go see if I can make a whole screenful of blood splats :)

Kaytar
04-11-2012, 09:34 PM
I love DL! I think it's the best of Spacetime's games! I really like How PvP is out already so while we wait for energy to replenish, we can hang in sanctuary or PvP. LOVE it

Apollyon
04-12-2012, 10:07 AM
There really needs to be a skip tutorial option. If I am paying 50 plat for a new toon I would like that option to skip the tutorial. If it is there, it should really be more noticable.

octavos
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
There really needs to be a skip tutorial option. If I am paying 50 plat for a new toon I would like that option to skip the tutorial. If it is there, it should really be more noticable.
dont skip it it helps you level. :p plus having 3 total toons help with waiting for time.

Apollyon
04-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Well playing the regular missions helps you level too lol. As for three toons, well that and their prices are being beaten to death hunters on a vamp lol. I guess the main issue I was having was that you can not pick the name till after the tutorial.

Basswhole
04-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Can't kill boss and end of the tut.. He regains hp when it goes to half

Slant
04-12-2012, 03:22 PM
1. Hack n slash action is awesome
2. Not too much variety in choosing the looks, they all look similar
3. confus abt the diff between zombies and vampires
4. cutscenes are time consuming, the "contacting" or whatever levitating meditation thing three times in the tutorial was boring.
5. on mobile platforms a lot of time ppl dont care abt the audio, it will often happen that the game will be played with no sound
6. cost of everything looks prohibitive, wus looking forward to creating 10 alts - iggy this bit if its irrelevent just voicing it>>> there are various approaches to IAP, but trusting the consumer to opt in for the big buyouts regularly... on their choice works better than forcing em to make small purchases time and again, also the game should ideally reward you premium currency for playing, this adds value to the time ppl spend in game and IAP consumers have nothing to compete with... would love to see STS up the ante in how much mobile games can demand, but this should be the gamers choice
7. naming char and customization is waay too much into the game should preferably start with this before the tutorial, as this is the fun bit
8. away benefit is cool
9. Really liek being able to play solo... so far.. .

Snakespeare
04-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Well playing the regular missions helps you level too lol. As for three toons, well that and their prices are being beaten to death hunters on a vamp lol. I guess the main issue I was having was that you can not pick the name till after the tutorial.
^this. I plan to re-make my toon once I know the game mechanics better, and I would actually worry during the tutorial that my name will be gone before I get through it. Can't we skip the tutorial after the first time?

Late
04-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Dark Legends=too good to forget

Snakespeare
04-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Can't kill boss and end of the tut.. He regains hp when it goes to half

I tried NOT clicking the energy button, too and he kept regenerating, but the moment I clicked that big button the arrow was pointing at, I was able to kill the boss.

rkp71
04-12-2012, 05:23 PM
no idea why we cant name and customize our character first, only one hair color? really? I could not find a way to turn off auto leveling in the tutorial now that I think about it. other than that i think it gives you a good idea of the game flow, though perhaps you should make people run out of energy in the tutorial then give them a 3 hour wait time before thay can finish it, so they get a better idea what they are in for before they buy platinum

bronislav84
04-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Okay so my first five minutes of gameplay. Here goes.

I started the game and ran the tutorial.

My first thoughts. I'm a nameless vampire. No customisation. Would be nice to be told these things are after the tutorial. But I kept playing.

Middle of the tutorial, I had a bug. Game froze because while a quest is completing it's window comes up briefly. Tapping it before the next one comes up freezes the game up. I had to force it closed and resume fresh.

Middle of the tutorial I leveled up and gained my first skill. I frowned. Menu key is disabled so I can't see what the skill does.

Finished the tutorial, leveled up again, gained a second skill? Still can't open the menu and see what it does. Named my vampire, customized her, exited tutorial. I'm level 3 with one skill I don't need, because I want to go down the caster tree now that I see what the skills are. But we don't get to disable auto leveling until level 3? Frowned again.

So I am in Sanctuary and realize that the game takes too many taps to get through the UI. Android Menu key doesn't open the menu, the back key does. Menu does nothing, and Back can't be used to exit interface stuff like shops or dialogs. The game on Android seems to work like it's natively designed for iOS and not Android. I am not happy about Menu not opening the floating game menu overlay and Back not allowing exiting dialogs.

Plat prices are a bit high.

And that's what I saw in five minutes. Yes, I'm fast like that.

Swimmingstar
04-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Pretty cool, tutorial is good, I think a tutorial like that for PL and SL would make PL and SL a good experience for new players.

Staryknight
04-12-2012, 07:05 PM
As an experienced gamer and someone who has played other STS games before I did not like how forced the tutorial felt. The first thing I wanted to do was chose my name, customize my character, and look through the menu options. I wanted to read the skill descriptions so that I could be thinking about my build and I REALLY wanted to turn off auto leveling. I wasn't able to do any of this until after I was level 3 and completed the tutorial. I wish the game menu was fully functional in the tutorial and simply gave a warning if you were about to do any action that would cause you to exit the tutorial. This would make more experienced players feel more comfortable and in control of there characters but still allow new players to get used to the game in a controlled environment.

For new players I think the tutorial was great. There wasn't too much reading to do and you got a good feel for what game play is like. The tutorial was just the right length. All of the basics of game play were covered without letting things get too boring.

The only thing that I felt was missing was the hotkeys for chrome. It's possible that they were mentioned and I just missed them. I only did the tutorial once and I'll be the first to admit that I don't always read all of the instructions, but it would be great when we are being taught how to use skills and drink blood packs if chrome users were told "click on the health pack icon or press E".

Overall my first 5 minutes of game play was a pleasant experience. I just wish I had been able to chose my name and look through the menu before the tutorial.

Cjon
04-12-2012, 08:25 PM
In the first 5 min, all I was thinking was "Wait, did I skip the character customization??? D:"

Vampgrrl
04-12-2012, 09:06 PM
First thing, I loved the start-up screen lol.
Chose a female character, started the tutorial. Hated that I couldn't customize my name right away. After starting the first solo run of the tutorial, I realized that my phone screen was too small and I couldn't see anything, so I just pressed randomly on my screen. I couldn't even finish the solo run. I'm sure the graphics and such are great, but I find the screen layout to be too crowded, and being unable to rotate the camera just made it that much worse. I don't put all the blame on the game, I realize my phone screen is smaller than normal.
However, I'm willing to wait until it comes out for iOS to make a real decision on whether or not I'll keep playing. For the time being, it gets a thumbs down from me, sorry >.<

Dragonrider023
04-13-2012, 08:18 PM
MY OPINION:

1: Its really fun! quick and easy to understand guides/tutourial.

2:The Store is expsinsive

3: energy (Dislike)

but point is i really enjoy it!:vsmile::vsmile::vD::vshock::vwink:

Lazaras
04-15-2012, 01:45 PM
FIrst five minutes was Interesting.

Choose Gender/face (wait no color options for either? Lame.)

Wait what, did i miss a step? I was supposed to name this guy right? Oh well. ONWARD TO THE TUTORIAL!

Interesting. Very 'gives you a feel of having LOTS of power'. Liked that you have to do more than just murder your way through (the non-combative 'missions'.)

Final boss of the tutorial is... Odd. Kinda flailed around before clicking on the button the tutorial pointed at, but didn't feel like much cause and effect here.

NOW I get ot name character/go into invintory/etc. Great. Got skills I didn't want and didn't have an option ot not learn and got hit with a (compared to respec costs in Star Legend) too high price to re-spec. Lame.

After the first five minutes:
I like that some of the missions make you wait before continuing in a way. IN a way I dont like it. When it's a couple minutes or a half hour hey great groovy Ican kill time in capture the flag (even though it's a cube.) Kinda wish there was a deathmatch (hell even here there'd be an excuse or why you can respawn!) However making me wait NINE HOURS is... a bit excessive. As is the constant badgering to try getting me to spend plat (want more blood? Plat. Want gold? Plat. WANT EXPERIANCE POINTS? Plat!)

I realize Spacetime needs money to work, but this punching you in the face and begging for money at every turn feels... a bit overbearing.

Also. The promo code items. Great idea! Even better when you let the community share codes they found. Get everyone involved in the scavenger hunt. That's win. Having maybe three or four models (mace, swords, daggers, bones) with no variations in each type is Lame. Very lame. Would have also liked to see promo-code outfits. Then again that might actually happen but in the thread where the codes are aggregated was full of weapons.

mydragoon
04-23-2012, 04:01 AM
awesome! that's what i thought after the first 5 minutes.

having played Pocket Legends and Star Legends, i found this to be just somehow different. it wasn't as confusing and 'difficult' as Star Legends (i was not sure what to do and when going on mission, i died too often). DL has got enough balance. i wanted to go on and on till i realised... hey, energy counter?!? but i'm ok with that. i'm not hardcore gaming, so the energy counter makes me do some planning before i go on the 3D missions.

storyline is engaging...

i just wished there's more customisation to the character (besides buying clothings). also, longer 3D missions would be great. going solo isn't fun. but when i go on multiplayer, it just ends way tooooOOOoo fast. <-- sorry if i lumped some of the things that went slightly beyond the first 5 mins.

but in summary, it was a really impressive first 5 minutes for me!

Whoopsie1337
04-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Keep in mind, I do realize the game is fresh and brand new with many updates to come. However you end up seeing my starting experience to be, my only intention is to provide it as feed back so that as updates hit, perhaps it will be considered. All in all, the development is off to a fantastic start, and I'm interested to see whats to come in the future updates to improve the game it sell. Cheers.

Dating back to my experience starting out recent couple days. This is my opinionated statement with feedback that may or may not be thought upon.
-Starting out the game easily caught my interest due to several concepts mainly revolving around a smooth running morpg for a smartphone.
After a few levels gained I decided to check out the back door aspect such as the options menu, the lair and what else was available.
-I like the options capability at the moment, its a great start to allowing the player to diversify game play to ones liking.
Onto the Lair
-Nice stats recording, I like the achievement ladder, it gives us something to work for at the moment until more updates come.
-Drop rates are to high for lack of item uniqueness ( meaning each items status to level is the same exact ). This thought mainly came about to the fact when you goto the auction, everyone and there family has the same exact items in the auction for sale as I have in my back pack 10 fold. Gold is only good for 1 thing, blood pack. Sure you can accumulate and toss it at vanity fashion, that's all your getting though. Why bother looking at the auction, won't find anything you need there since you can get it on your next mission. Blood packs, that's where gold belongs.

( Especially odd reading all the casino/gambling suggestions on the forums, why would I gamble gold when its only use is blood packs and blood packs are the most affordable item in game. The one and only item that has literally any use is the most affordable item in game and any user can buy it all day long.... gamble it away for what? Vanity which gives 0 stats, 0 progression. Ok some vanity allows achievements in your profile, easily gained later I'm sure )

-What I really disliked discovering in the lair is what I found when I stumbled upon the skills tree, however I do like the option of skill path... but....
-I really did not enjoy finding out that new characters are defaulted to a auto skill system. This is mainly due to the fact that what I found out after
un-selecting the auto skill feature. I had already read up on the skills at this point. Now having said that, since new characters are defaulted to auto skill without given prior option of this during character creation, I did not like the skills given to me by the auto skill system so I hit the respec skills option. Wait a minute, I have to spend 8 premium coins to respec because I don't like the skill path I was forced to take without notification.... Okay, I know I'm given 10 free premium coins, but geezz, I don't have a choice to save them for something else, I have no choice but to waste them on something that could of easily been avoided, so realistically if I don't just deal with the fact that my char has been auto built in a way that I personally feel is a bad build... I either accept the fact that everyone else gets 10 free platinum coin, and i get 2 free platinum coin to fix a issue that could have been avoided, and here's how.
1) After character creation, prompt the user to select the option, auto skilling or manual skilling before even stepping foot into the game for the first time.
2) Prompt the user of a msg that auto skill is default, put a okay button that must be pushed to clarified its been read.
3) Allow each character a free respect if you are not going to notify them.

There's a few methods of this. Yes I realize that this is in play for a reason, however not everyone will be lead to a same thought/belief of the reason. This is a open door to flame and trolling directed to the dev team by a particular class of players regardless of how minor the damage of 8 premium coins.

Reason belief 1) Helping new comers by auto-skilling until they are used to the fact of leveling.
-Sweet, that's thoughtful
-Good thing that's there, I didn't know I could level skills.

Reason belief 2) What.... they put that there to scam me of premium coins. Now I have to buy coins to respec because after reading I'd of never picked that skill.
- Open door for unnecessary flame
- Easily avoided, however its not avoided to the user at first by notification

Now, I'm not flaming, or degrading for those of you who are quick to read without a proper mindset. That's clarification that I'm just point something out along with the potential future outcome. It's just a observation, with a suggestive notion added.

-Having said that. I don't think its necessary to remove the default auto-skill. I think to avoid any potential ridiculousness later on, you should seriously consider adding a notification during character creation. Allow the feature to be selected before character creation is complete
-"How would you like your characters skill tree to upgrade during a level up phase? You have the option to manually select skills from the skill tree in which when you level up, you will have to go to your lair to select a skill manually from your skill tree in order to improve your vampires abilities. You also have the option to use the auto-select skill feature so when you level up, the auto-skill feature will choose a skill from the skill tree for you so you don't have to. If you choose auto-select you can not retract the skill selected for you. You can also reset your skill points for 8 premium coins from your Lair."
I don't know something like that or even just a stated message during character creation
-"Character skill upgrading is defaulted to auto-skill which means when you level up the system will automatically choose a skill for you from the skill tree. If don't prefer this method, you must go to your lair and deselect auto skill, which means you can then manually choose your skill path to your liking after each level gained."
-All and all, the system I just ranted about is a good feature, I do agree. However what I don't agree on is that it is defaulted without notification. Have auto skill on default is okay, but it's not okay that there is no notification prior, then charging 8 premium coins to respec your skill tree.

Thanks, I'm still playing.

To end with my starting intro-

Keep in mind, I do realize the game is fresh and brand new with many updates to come. However you end up seeing my starting experience to be, my only intention is to provide it as feed back so that as updates hit, perhaps it will be considered. All in all, the development is off to a fantastic start, and I'm interested to see whats to come in the future updates to improve the game it sell. Cheers.