PDA

View Full Version : Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Outfits and Costumes

Samhayne
04-11-2012, 12:00 PM
After you have played Dark Legends, what do you think about the different outfits and costumes your vampire can wear? Which ones do you like the best? Are there any that you feel could be improved? What other costumes and outfits would you like to see?

We ask that you please keep your feedback constructive, as per the Forum Rules at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.

Thanks!

morfic
04-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Pretty cool stuff. Witchdoctor is the best hands down.

Samhayne
04-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Check out this guy!

octavos
04-11-2012, 03:50 PM
here is me

8956 8958

trixie
04-11-2012, 05:15 PM
I love all of the costumes. I think my favorite is the school girl uniform. I am going to wait to see how the games pans out before I spend the plat to get it.

I also love that you can purchase some of the items with coins. That is a great way to let everyone be able to customize their character! Great job with the designs of these!

octavos
04-11-2012, 05:16 PM
I love all of the costumes. I think my favorite is the school girl uniform. I am going to wait to see how the games pans out before I spend the plat to get it.

I also love that you can purchase some of the items with coins. That is a great way to let everyone be able to customize their character! Great job with the designs of these!

If you buy expensive ones u can get achievements :p ill buy many for my main

Mitchturbo
04-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah the vanities and cloths are awesome I do love em and would like the idea feature in other sts games aswell.

Raith-Dagger
04-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Very cool outfits available. Although it would be even better with dye kits for clothing and hair! Plus a wide selection of faces and hair styles would be nice. :vwink:

StompArtist
04-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Ima French maid and I love it.

trixie
04-11-2012, 07:39 PM
If you buy expensive ones u can get achievements :p ill buy many for my main

I didn't realize that! That may influence my decisions a little more! Thanks! :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Catric
04-11-2012, 11:33 PM
wow what the ! double katanas!!! omg i want that in PL like legit double katana bein' held like that :o_o:
ios stinks!

Siejo
04-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Pretty cool stuff. Witchdoctor is the best hands down.

That one caught my eye too. I love the outfits and would love to see more added ^_^

Apollyon
04-12-2012, 02:09 AM
Cyber goth, vest, and that slutty one with the pasties. Sooo tempted to buy gold lol. How do we get the bird mask???

pizzaman
04-12-2012, 03:34 AM
I like it. But charging up to 130 plat for an outfit? That's at least 13 dollar. And that's when buying plat at maximum bulk discount. It can be up to 21.62 dollar. For changing a 0 to a 1 in some database.

And, as a result, the reward will be getting all the annoying underage kids that are in the game (and actually favored by the energy mechanism (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54943)) come up to you and beg for stuff.

Fyrce
04-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Really love it, but I really want to be able to stash vanities, so my toons on the same account can share/trade outfits, in case I change which one I play more or change how I want one to look.

In other words, I want ONE closet!

And of course, I would love to see more costumes with a more progressive gold cost.

Paramedic
04-12-2012, 05:22 AM
I love it, but it seems a bit expensive. :(

Rawrimafish
04-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Octavos what is the helm u wear in first picture?

octavos
04-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Octavos what is the helm u wear in first picture?
I bought the witchdoctor, remember if you buy a vanity set that comes with a helm you can change your outfit (mix an match :p)...so the outfits you see on the pics above, are a combo of different sets.

Rare
04-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Maybe this has already been discussed but I don't have time to search at the moment. Currently, all aesthetics are vanity (very cool looking i'll add). So I'm wondering is if there are currently lootable vanities in the game or if there will be in the future. More specifically, I am wondering if there will be viable appearance options other than buying plat and spending it. Or will all non-plat buyers be stuck wearing their street clothes or underwear until they can get enough free plat?

EDIT: My mistake, you can also get them for gold. But they are quite pricey. I don't know how long it will take me to get that much.

Swimmingstar
04-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Vanities and the outfits are very cool looking so far, looking to see more.

hawkingcrazy
04-13-2012, 02:42 AM
I like this costume thing. It brings a variety of looks. Wish you could change hair color. More faces would be nice too. Besides that its great. I know with time you will add more to stores.

nazgulking
04-13-2012, 03:41 AM
I like the vanities, but the gold ones are bit too much expensive. What I mean that curve increase is too much steep. The 2 vanities I'd like to buy cost 50k apiece O_O

Skeletonlord
04-13-2012, 08:43 AM
I personally love the choice of costumes, there is a lot to choose from, but each piece are quite costly. It is fairly easy to get gold, but I have been trying to get the Gambler gear, but each piece is about 2,000. So, you would be looking at about 8-10k for all the set.

Cjon
04-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Made a perfect BLU Spy. I love you. Now you just need to add a single (non-dual wielded) dagger please c:

Also. Add dyes. The customization would be SOOOO much better if you didn't have to worry about whether or not your outfit will match, since you could just dye your articles to match. Also, different colors would add a lot more diversity in the outfits.

Lylaise
04-14-2012, 04:12 AM
I love the outfits! I'm collecting different pieces. Mixing and matching them is awesome! ^__^*

I would like to see more face styles and skin tones, as well as more hair styles and hair colors. :)

MonolithEffect
04-14-2012, 01:31 PM
A broader selection of faces, hairstyles, cheaper clothing. It would be nice if players had the ability to change the color of the clothing, skin tones, eyes and hair, to add more diversity.

Baine
04-15-2012, 04:04 AM
Are there going to be tradeable vanities i think its fun to save up to get em or even get them myself. Also are there stil going to be holiday events?

Elyseon
04-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Personally i think almost all the costumes look better on females, idk but i would like to see some wings added to some guy costumes, and maybe bulk up some of the guys costumes to look tougher

Maynard
04-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Any chance of customization of this level bleeding over to PL?

MonolithEffect
04-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Dreadlocks! For Rastafarian vampires.

I would love to see a variety of styles of dreadlocks, such as different lengths, pony tails, thicknesses and so forth.

Gluttony
04-16-2012, 12:49 AM
I like the variety of outfits, but there are very few pieces that match well with anything but the set it was designed for (on the female version). I don't really like how there is an achievement and a title associated with owning them all as this is an obvious play to appeal to those players who will remain unnamed, that insisted on buying every single vanity item in every single color offered. STS has done their homework with this one, they know that gamers love achievements and some STS patrons will buy them simply because they're offered. I have to admit that I am curious to see how they respond to the very blatant hike in pricing and disappointing lack of bulk packages.

Really love it, but I really want to be able to stash vanities, so my toons on the same account can share/trade outfits, in case I change which one I play more or change how I want one to look.

In other words, I want ONE closet!

I assume that this is in place to prevent a player from being to transfer each outfit and thus earn the achievements without buying the items again. If you want the achievements on multiple toons/accounts, you have to pay for them again. I personally would rather have this whole block of achievements removed for the ability to transfer clothes to other chars on that account via stash.

Rare
04-16-2012, 10:23 AM
I assume that this is in place to prevent a player from being to transfer each outfit and thus earn the achievements without buying the items again. If you want the achievements on multiple toons/accounts, you have to pay for them again. I personally would rather have this whole block of achievements removed for the ability to transfer clothes to other chars on that account via stash.

I only have one toon. I also haven't searched for much about the achievements. I was under the assumption that the achievements are account based. Are they toon based?

DexGOD
04-16-2012, 04:12 PM
After some given time I've started to actually like the game and learned to accept the energy factor. Overall, I must compliment, but there's still a few things I'm failing to understand.

Firstly, a new character costs 50 platinum.
Next, 75 stash spaces costs 180 platinum.
Lastly, premium vanity outfits range from 15-130 platinum.

I can't help but question why all of this is so pricey when this simple stash can't be used to store these expensive vanities to transfer onto such costly alternative characters. I'm sure just the ability to stash vanities and be able to use them on multiple characters will not cause any harm unless I am missing something here. I will refrain from purchasing any platinum until vanities are made able for stash use and if there is a reason why not, I would like to know.

Fyrce
04-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Oh yeah:

Would love to see varying premium character vanities. Could be easy, like not just red, but also blue, green, copper and steel. The colors could vary by day, week, month or randomly. That way for people considering multiple premium characters, they won't all look the same.

Thanks!

Flippys
04-17-2012, 01:19 AM
As a couple of others have mentioned, I am not pleased with not being able to transfer vanities between my toons. Surely there must be a way that the toon buying the outfit will get the achievement award while still being stashable. I'm not concerned about getting the full achievement award on all my toons. I purchased a 130plat vanity ahead of time for a future creation. After paying the 50plat for my second slot, I was quite upset that I couldn't transfer the outfit to my new toon that the outfit was planned for.

Another reason I feel that they should be stashable, is I do commonly re-roll some of my toons. I was thinking of re-rolling my main for a third time, but not now, as I'd lose a pricey vanity.

It would be really nice if vanities were stashable. I think it would encourage more people to purchase more plat vanities if they could share them amoungst their own characters. The way it stands now, I will not purchase more than 1 plat vanity per character.

Lylaise
04-19-2012, 11:43 PM
I'd love to see a wider variety of vanities. Hats, shoes, jewelery, pets, that sort of thing. :D

dugantale
04-19-2012, 11:55 PM
I love the outfits one thing I thinks is the girls out fit have more style, such as assasins hood, cyber shirt, but I love all of em I am working on getting the armored out fit!!

Battlegrinder
04-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Ideas:
1. Sunglasses. Patrol outfit just doesn't look right with a pair.
2. PL inspired cloths.
3. SL inspired cloths.

Commanderkeen
04-22-2012, 11:17 PM
I would love to see some different colored glowing eyes, I would pay plat and/or in game money for them.

Rare
04-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Regarding costumes...

I love them. The designs I think are great. Only problem I have is that they are not stashable. I have both a male and female character. I'd like to use them interchangeably. I'm sure that I won't be spending to buy a vanity set more than once.

I don't have a problem paying the premium for these outfits, but please don't make me pay multiple times for the same thing. In fact, and don't take this as a bargaining chip, I would be much more inclined to buy plat if I could stash the vanities. Its one of those situations where I know the stuff is expensive, but maybe worth it. If I have to buy it multiple times that changes and I don't have much incentive to buy it or buy plat.

StompArtist
04-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Some of the higher end costumes are not breakable, for example i do not like the dog mask on the costume but like the rest. A set should not prevent us from mix and matching imo.

Slant
04-28-2012, 03:45 PM
the kill bill costume is cool, needs a few weapons, like a broken chair leg with nails sticking out

Battlegrinder
04-28-2012, 10:53 PM
I've been playing the levels with werewolves and police, downtown suburbs, and I think a set of armor like the police Sargent bosses have would be really cool, maybe have the armor that the riot gun cops have too. Favorite enemy armor and equipment so far, really wish I could get a set.

ToPBoY
04-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Werewolf vanity set would be groovy.

jdmaloy
04-30-2012, 09:10 AM
I love the Retro outfit for the ladies, but I hate that there are distinctive black marks (over-shading?) On the upper arms whenever the outfit is worn.

NMH
04-30-2012, 09:58 PM
the kill bill costume is cool, needs a few weapons, like a broken chair leg with nails sticking out
Nyahahahaha! Or a ball on a chain with spikes and a saw in the middle.

Siejo
05-03-2012, 03:17 AM
A few ides from me:

Capes! A black one and a red one.
Bandanas.
Morph suit (for you Mr. Spy ;))
All black robe to look like the grim reaper.

WolfShaman
05-08-2012, 10:53 AM
This may have already been spoken. I apologize in advance if it has.

I did not notice and appreciable increase in stat efficacy with the outfit I purchased. I purchased the all leather combat outfit thinking it would provide an increase in attack and damage output being combat related. [Especially] at the exuberant, if not extortionistic, cost of 130 plat. I understand the game is in it's infancy and tweaks and polishing are in due order over the course of many months. However, for players who choose to make the investment in their gear upfront, which translates into investment in your sustainable business model, an upfront appreciable uptick of stats, based on whatever avatar outfit you choose, is not too much to ask for. In humble opinion.

Thank you for listening.

Malerian
05-08-2012, 01:08 PM
This may have already been spoken. I apologize in advance if it has.

I did not notice and appreciable increase in stat efficacy with the outfit I purchased. I purchased the all leather combat outfit thinking it would provide an increase in attack and damage output being combat related. [Especially] at the exuberant, if not extortionistic, cost of 130 plat. I understand the game is in it's infancy and tweaks and polishing are in due order over the course of many months. However, for players who choose to make the investment in their gear upfront, which translates into investment in your sustainable business model, an upfront appreciable uptick of stats, based on whatever avatar outfit you choose, is not too much to ask for. In humble opinion.

Thank you for listening.

Outfits are pure vanities without any stat increase added to them, you know ? They're only for the looks. And that's good as it is, at the prices they are, cuz if they did add stats the game would be hopelessly imbalanced. Game now is quite balanced gear-wise between plat and non-plat users, better keep it that way.

Back to topic, current vanities are definitely cool. The only improvement i could see would be to make the different versions of them (male and female) avaible for both genders (like the assassin's hood i would really like to see on a male, or the bird-like masquerade mask on a female).

Sadar
05-11-2012, 01:34 AM
a clown outfit would be pretty funny :D

Sherifferic
05-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Just two words: Blonde Hair...well another word: pleeeeze!

Fyrce
05-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Can we get the old Endless Night face back, as an additional option? I had this on a bunch of my toons and now they're all fangs. I prefer the more subtle look. Not to mention the fangs are a bit long in the tooth.

Ethmoid
05-13-2012, 07:37 PM
I really enjoy this game but there are some small details about it that bug me.

1. Acquired clothing fills up inventory. It's not a huge problem, but how can I dress up my char if it means fewer space for drops?

2. Slutty clothes. Okay, I'm not THAT conservative, but I wish there were clothing options that were more modest. The male models get awesome full body armor and suits. The females get a few scraps of metal and some string. When it gets down to it, though, I object to these current choices less out of prudishness and more out of practicality. What good is armor if it only cover less than 20% of the body? (But I still am a prude and don't want my character to be dressed like a tramp.)

justisemo
05-21-2012, 10:53 AM
I really like the costume ideas and it really allows you to look the way you want without fear of losing out on stats.
I would like to see a cowboy hat though lol :)!

Nassar
05-24-2012, 04:45 PM
The following would be amazing:

- different hair colors
- different skin colors
- please allow us to mix and match ALL sets! I'd really like for all outfits to be split into top/bottom/head/accessory pieces!
- could we get some Caribbean/Arabesque themed sets?

:-)

Jake Miller
05-24-2012, 11:38 PM
jus wanted to say ..

i love customizing the apparel and i love how DL is so much more fashionable than pl or sl ever were
.. imo
more items that have a demonic, dark, grim, evil, but yet at the same time able to brightly stand out in a croud a bit..
thats jus my style. im not really into things such as .. that goofy school kid outfit .. or the pointless gambler set..
i bought some of them, dont get me wrong- im not trying to complain! just trying to give a clear perspective

id also like maybe alternate color schemes for some of the vanities or something.
I mean lets face it, other than the weapon
and hair- thats the only way to customize appearance.
so far, I LOVE THE MOST OF THE
VANITIES! GReat work!! keep up the cool ideas!

^^NECRO

iteachyou
05-27-2012, 07:33 PM
I must be the only one who thinks that they don't need to have the females walking around half naked. A few of the costumes are nothing more than strings. I love the game, but I won't spend plat on a costume that is practically nonexistant.

Iteachu

Jake Miller
06-03-2012, 10:12 AM
I am addicted to personalization and i wish there was a way to earn or find vanities within levels and quests. . I want more options to mix and match with too.. it doesnt even even really have to be a complicated elaborate theatrical vampire outfit... maybe just more to pick from we could customize our apparel even more.. sick of seeing the same combinations everywhere!

In addition, is there any way we could have gems visable?

Snuffshow
06-14-2012, 06:45 AM
I reckon there should be dyes for Vanities and Hair. BUT have them as VERY Rare drops, making them tradeable and makes us want to grind to get those Rare Ghosts cause REALLY when you grind and finally hit a ghost ppl go "meh" cause the drop is always dumb only once i got a legendary weapon and Almost fell off of my chair when it happened like 'what the!?' but like I sed they're mediocre. Lets spice up the Ghosts and have em change colors every second n when yhu kill em ona Certain colour it drops a certain item know what I mean like white for stink item pink for legendary gold for ultra rare.

Please spacetime Make me FistPump when i see a Ghost pop outta the trash LMFAO.

And yeah vanities why do the girls look sexc and the guys look like useless steam punk jack the ripper billy ray cyrus mullet lukn guys, make em look SWAG mayen. SWAG,

And add more shades, That is all...

Snuffshow
06-14-2012, 07:05 AM
I would also like to see HIGHER more expensive ingame gold vanities have a special Aura or something flashy once the whole set is collected and only works when all equipped.

For example:
Executioner Gear looks like an electric chair victim costume (Bolts around the kneck, mask over the face etc, etc)

Once the set is collected and all equipped it gives a electric spark look makin it look EPIC!

But one condition I want em very very expensive where even plat to transfer to gold would be costly hehehe it'll scream out I'm the best... That is all...

Redman
06-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Would love to see tatoos included. They would be a hot seller! Especially for players who run around shirtless and aren't into the flamboyant outfits.