PDA

View Full Version : How to survive kiting?

Amanda C
04-11-2012, 01:37 PM
So! I keep seeing a lot of talk about kiting and birds do it regularly in game play. As a mage, my question is how do I survive this!
if i just wait for them to come back my shields down and my buffs are about done and im dead. if i chase after them im dead. if i run away im dead.

I need some new techniques! help please :)

Ixillicus
04-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Try timing your ice for when they are retreating, so you can catch them. It's also important if they are freezing or rooting you so they can kite, that you save your heal so you can chase them right away. Otherwise, try kiting them back if your shield is down.

plmafiaboss
04-11-2012, 02:37 PM
I can usually tell when a bird is gunna kite so I late shield lol

XghostzX
04-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Hey Amanda! The best way to get better at PvP and kiting is to just try it yourself. Don't be afraid to fight some "pro" players or tough competitors at the least. Watch closely and some of their techniques and it can really help you out! Any questions regarding your build, stats, items, etc, It's bound to be somewhere on the forums. PM me if you have any questions!

Amanda C
04-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Thank you all, especially for the freeze tip! thats a good idea, im going to have to try it out :) i just dont want to die 300 times before i started winning lol.

Dirtymonkey_666
04-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Hey Amanda! The best way to get better at PvP and kiting is to just try it yourself. Don't be afraid to fight some "pro" players or tough competitors at the least. Watch closely and some of their techniques and it can really help you out! Any questions regarding your build, stats, items, etc, It's bound to be somewhere on the forums. PM me if you have any questions!

yes. i've always said and lived by "can't kill them, join them" i kept getting kiters so i bought a xbow myself and now i kite and kiters.

Dirtymonkey_666
04-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Thank you all, especially for the freeze tip! thats a good idea, im going to have to try it out :) i just dont want to die 300 times before i started winning lol.

what level do you pvp? i might be able to help out

Sryyoulose
04-11-2012, 09:44 PM
I can help with skill points, attribute points, gear, combos, and techniques for any class and most levels. Also, if you need help practicing I may be able to help you.

The trick to counter kite:
Bear:
Possibly the hardest kite to stop. When they get the pull in, or just before quickly use repulse, fire, or pull and stomp yourself.
Birds:
Try to get close use damaging skills, save: pull and hell scream, ice, and root. when they repulse quickly use one of these 12m skills.
Mages:
If they shield and still kite, get close: Don't use: Stomp, fire, or repulse unless it's a final blow. Use: Root, ice, Stunning/rooting/ pulling skills.

Amanda C
04-12-2012, 10:00 AM
I have a lvl 26 and 62 (but im aiming for 65 in time) Before this post i just didnt chase after kiters lol. I just let them run. But thanks for the info for each diff character that helps too. I may just learn to kite myself. :)

Amanda C
04-12-2012, 10:05 AM
also, it seems that as a mage the best thing is to prevent it by using ice. Im off to practice now!

Twinklaser
04-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Kite back. The danger of chasing someone is that you never know when they will turn around and nuke you. So always try to be the person bein chased. Then youll have the element of surprise. Thats all now, "grasshopper" :).

Catric
04-14-2012, 09:12 PM

birdmasta
04-15-2012, 02:21 PM
if ur a mage u should try to ice ur opponent, charge at him, save heal, when he does ice on u, heal, and then u close to him and nuke him

Blind
04-15-2012, 06:39 PM
nvm