PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts about purchasing xp

Nick41324
04-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Ok.. so i guess im going to be the first to complain about this. I just now found out that you can buy XP with platinum. WHAT!

What about instead of buying xp with Platinum, you bring back elixirs?..

Buying XP with platinum is just a horrible idea. Im sorry.

StompArtist
04-11-2012, 01:44 PM
XP with plat does not cause a bunch of over powered toons running around in instances. I say yes to XP for plat!

Skeletonlord
04-11-2012, 02:00 PM
buying experience with platinum? This does sound strange. How can you actually see how much experience you have?

TheSnowman
04-11-2012, 02:02 PM
buying experience with platinum? This does sound strange. How can you actually see how much experience you have?

Experience is the blue bar at the top of the screen next to the yellow energy.

Irulelol
04-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Well yes it is a cheap way to level up and people will take advantage of it, but in the long run they will miss out on learning to truely play the game and become a good player. Its almost exactly the same thing as exilars because technically with exilars you are buying whatever Exp you get x2,x3,or x4; and with buying the Exp your buying a selected ammount instead of a random ammount that depends on your team and the maps you play which will hopefully make it so you get more bang for your buck. Also, in PL and SL have you ever had that moment where your close to the cap and either can't make it for person reason or gaining intrest in a different app(s) or you're to late to get the vanity? Because it seems in game and on forums I've seen alot of people who have been in that situation.I'm not trying to flame or troll, I'm just telling how it seems from my point of view. :)
(And sorry for bad grammar and spelling,typed this on ipod :p )

Samhayne
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Hey Nick, I'm sorry you feel that way. Dark Legends is a different game, in a number of ways, from our previous offerings. While it is not for everyone, there are people who ask us in Pocket Legends or Star Legends if they can buy experience all the time. In PL and SL, people achieve that by power leveling with elixirs. In other MMO games, people go to the secondary market and buy and sell characters all the time. The bottom line is, some people want that. As Irulelol points out, it's not for everyone.

Nick41324
04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
lol nice thread name change.

I realize I have a choice to play this game or not, but i have a feeling that a lot of people are going to dislike this idea and the community is already starting to show it on the first day of release :/