PDA

View Full Version : My First Hour

jayx20
04-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Game is awesome apart from one major thing thats bugging me (which i'll get to in a sec)

Combat is pretty fluid, it could follow PL a little more where you can click a target rather than just swing or a health bar for smaller mobs too so i know what im doing!
Graphics are awesome as well, really good work guys.
Platinums a bit dodgy as I've got some on PL that wont seem to carry over, and I'm sure I read somewhere that accounts transfer plat.
The customization is pretty sick so far, and im guessing that things will be added soon enough as well!
Making me want to spend money for plat already haha
The UI is confusing at first, but gets pretty fluid when you know what your doing!
Thoroughly the game is really good, however, there is a BIG letdown.
The fact that you have energy that stops you from doing many things is irritating.
Waiting 25 minutes in towne to do another mission that lasts about a minute and a half with a full party just makes it feel pointless.
When i had full energy and I was flying through, it was a blast!
But waiting around for energy to refill, I dont think its such a good idea.. I know you're trying to differ it from PL, but really with the freedom to do anything at anytime, wether it be farm, help out a friend, or level your own character was brilliant.
The fact that now I can't do anything until my energy bar refilled has annoyed me, and I've gone to play PL.. Which I'll now probably remain on for the rest of the day, because coming back to do a mission then going back to PL is going to become very annoying, I'd rather spend a few hours here and there.
A lot of people in the town were complaining about it as well
I think its something that DEFINITELY needs altering, it might put me off playing all together otherwise!

But other than that guys, seriously, what an amazing game, and hats off to you
I can see it being very addictive as I want to jump in already!

Zapoke
04-11-2012, 01:54 PM
They wanted to do a plat transfer thing, but Apple doesn't allow it, so it was removed shortly after Star Legends was released.

And I'm with you 100%... The energy bar is going to seriously kill the game.. Lol. It either needs to change for the better or go completely.

Samhayne
04-11-2012, 02:44 PM
But other than that guys, seriously, what an amazing game, and hats off to you
I can see it being very addictive as I want to jump in already!

Thanks much for the props, Jayx!

Regarding the Energy mechanic, we know it won't be for everyone. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you feel about it!

Ripper McGee
04-11-2012, 04:10 PM

Regarding the Energy mechanic, we know it won't be for everyone. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you feel about it!

Sorry, but I don't think the energy mechanic will be for any, but the most die hard apologists. I don't mind the mechanic, overall, but its cost simply to harsh right now.

Jay's experiences pretty much mirror my own - I was having a blast until I screeched to a halt due to energy issues. That's frustrating enough to make players simply quit rather than deal with it. As for the "plat transfer", why is it a transfer at all? Why isn't it simply available as part of a "Spacetime Studios" bank, just like facebook credits that are managed by facebook, but can be used in a number of games?

LelouchX
04-11-2012, 06:56 PM

I'll leave you with one last suggestion, since i didn't mention the energy bar in my thread. if you have dungeons, boss gauntlets, elite stages, etc that you are building into this game, make it apply there only. in the game i am currently playing, all the best gear drops in elite dungeons, and there is an exhaust bar that resets daily. you can run, on average, 3-5 dungeons in a day, then you need to wait for your exhaust to reset to farm more gear from them. imo, this is the ONLY way an energy meter is feasible.

stonewalljameson
04-11-2012, 07:14 PM
I wont both downloading now because of the energy, i was very excited for DL, now im a die hard PL fan because as stated before i feel its oretty dumb to have to wait like 20-30 min to do a mission.... That takes all ur energy but only takes 2 min to conplete... Id love if this was taken away before the release on ios....

stonewalljameson
04-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Yes plz use this suggjestion, of only using energy on boss stages or elite stages, as to keep the ultimate items rarer, and to keep people from power leveling everyone to the higher lvls

Samhayne
04-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Hello friends,

If this is discussion is going to only dwell on the Energy mechanic, then lets please take it to the official feedback thread, that can be found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54766-Official-Dark-Legends-Feedback-Thread-Actions-and-Energy-Mechanic

Thank you!

Thread closed.