PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts about energy and platinum pricing

LelouchX
04-11-2012, 01:59 PM
I only played a few minutes, and don't get wrong, it looks great and i probably would have enjoyed playing the game, but i'm not even going to give it a shot. Well, i'm not disappointed in the game itself, but in STS. in 5 minutes of playing, i feel like it's more about sucking the wallets of you players dry than it is about us sucking the enemies dry.

- Character slots:
In PL, i was given 3 free character slots, and i think it was just 1 in SL, but they weren't that expensive to buy more. Now we get 1 and need to pay 50 plat for more. You should have told us this before we spent plat reserving out toon names.

- Purchasing Plat:
Well this link is up on the website now. In SL/PL, it is 2000 plat for $90 USD. in DL, its 500 plat for $50 USD. so i would need to spend $200 USD to get the same plat i could for $90 in SL or PL. Did you do this bc the game is geared towards adults? Is it that, since you are losing your younger crowd and part of your customer base, you are trying to get more from the older people that are going to play it, and you want to make up for the lost revenue?

I thought that DL was going to be something that eventually brought me back to STS gaming. It won't under these conditions, and i think that you are more likely to turn people away bc of this, even though i did have a good impression of the game itself.

I hope you don't take these criticisms as an attack.

Deathpunch
04-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Moo! Moo! Easy on my udders, STS. I only got so much milk. Like the game so far, though.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

trixie
04-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Game looks cool so far, but I'm not happy about 50 plat to get other characters. I guess ill just have to stick with one because I really don't have the money atm to spend 100 plat to get the other two names.

I even spent plat in sl to make a new character name just for dl :(

I would like to see the cost to purchase an addtional slot lowered.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Noelx
04-11-2012, 02:08 PM
What's with the energy..I'm stuck at lv5 now

It's like mafia wars on facebook

LelouchX
04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
What's with the energy..I'm stuck at lv5 now

It's like mafia wars on facebook
look here, he talked about the energy thing
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54800-Awful-so-disappointed

SexyIsland
04-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Wow this makes me not even try it when I get home, what a disappointment

SssoulSsshine
04-11-2012, 04:28 PM
- Purchasing Plat:
Well this link is up on the website now. In SL/PL, it is 2000 plat for $90 USD. in DL, its 500 plat for $50 USD. so i would need to spend $200 USD to get the same plat i could for $90 in SL or PL. Did you do this bc the game is geared towards adults? Is it that, since you are losing your younger crowd and part of your customer base, you are trying to get more from the older people that are going to play it, and you want to make up for the lost revenue?

I hope you don't take these criticisms as an attack.

Went to the website ready to spend $90. Spent $0.

I think it's great that STS saved me all this money.

Gonna go buy a REALLY nice bottle of Scotch now.

Deathpunch
04-11-2012, 04:30 PM

Scotch, you say? Well, I got gas money now, I might come for a visit.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Samhayne
04-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Hey LelouchX,

Thanks for taking the time to write us with your feedback. To be clear, there is one character slot available for new accounts in both Pocket Legends and Star Legends. We know that the energy mechanic will not be for everyone. We have set up an official feedback thread for it that you can find in the Suggestions and Feedback forum here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54766-Official-Dark-Legends-Feedback-Thread-Actions-and-Energy-Mechanic.

I edited your thread title to represent the content of your post and moved it to the Suggestion and Feedback forum for you.

Regarding the Platinum values, Dark Legends is a new game with a different Platinum curve. One of the problems that Pocket Legends and Star Legends have with such a huge difference in price per Platinum by volume is the user who spends $5 doesn't get very much because of how things are priced out. Our intent with Dark Legends Platinum curve is to even that out, making for a more uniform experience while still giving a lot to someone who wants to spend a lot and providing solid value for someone who just wants to try a few things out with a smaller purchase.

Also, just as a reminder, we ask that you please keep your feedback constructive. From the forum rules: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

Thanks in advance for keeping the feedback constructive.

Drizzid
04-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Sam, the only differences as far as I can tell is the greed at spacetime studios. Now I understand everyone is trying to make money here, but it's entirely too obvious that DL is nothing but a money grab. I hope you guys find a way to solve these problems before the game launches on iOS or prepare to lose plenty more loyal fans.

It's now obvious to me why there was no beta because the hype would have died weeks ago had players known how expensive this free game would end up being.

LelouchX
04-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Hey LelouchX,

Thanks for taking the time to write us with your feedback. To be clear, there is one character slot available for new accounts in both Pocket Legends and Star Legends. We know that the energy mechanic will not be for everyone. We have set up an official feedback thread for it that you can find in the Suggestions and Feedback forum here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54766-Official-Dark-Legends-Feedback-Thread-Actions-and-Energy-Mechanic.

I edited your thread title to represent the content of your post and moved it to the Suggestion and Feedback forum for you.

Regarding the Platinum values, Dark Legends is a new game with a different Platinum curve. One of the problems that Pocket Legends and Star Legends have with such a huge difference in price per Platinum by volume is the user who spends $5 doesn't get very much because of how things are priced out. Our intent with Dark Legends Platinum curve is to even that out, making for a more uniform experience while still giving a lot to someone who wants to spend a lot and providing solid value for someone who just wants to try a few things out with a smaller purchase.

Also, just as a reminder, we ask that you please keep your feedback constructive. From the forum rules: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

thanks for your response sam. i have to say that i bit my tongue (or fingers) regarding how i felt after seeing the plat prices. i also thought pointing out what bothered me, and obviously others, was considered constructive, but that's neither here nor there.

I may have been wrong about the character slots you start with, but i'm pretty sure my point is still valid. we get less plat for our money, which would be fine IF the "Platnum curve" you mentioned was actually proportional. I believe it was 10 or 20 plat for a slot in PL/SL? i may be wrong, but i know it is much much less than 50. This would mean plat costs more in DL AND you need to spend more plat to get a second character slot.

For PL/SL, Lets assume that a character slot is 10 plat (if someone posts the actual value and its not 10, i'll edit this part):
EDIT: It's actually only 5 plat for a character slot in PL & SL, so:
- at the best bargain, you get 2000 plat for $90
- 1 plat = $0.045 ($90/2000)
- extra character slot = $0.225 (5 x $0.045)

For DL:
- at best bargain, you get 500 plat for $50
- 1 plat = $0.10 ($50/500)
- extra character slot = $5 (50 x $0.10)

Sorry if this sounds rude, but how how can you justify this? Maybe your platinum curve applies to other aspects of the game, but not here by any means.
EDIT: a character slot in DL costs the player $4.775 more than it does in PL/SL, and that's if they get the "best bargain" package.

ninjaduck
04-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Each one of these threads just pushes me further and further away from the game, and i havent even played it yet :(

pizzaman
04-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Regarding the blah blah different Platinum curve blah blah.

I sincerely mean this in a constructive way. You're loosing your community fast, no sense in denying it. First thing you need to do to get them back is be man enough to admit that DL is all about STS making lots of money. There are so many objective differences with how you guys once started in PL. At least admit it or risk loosing not only the community's presence but also their respect.

Phoenixking
04-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Each one of these threads just pushes me further and further away from the game, and i havent even played it yet :(
Oh, good I'm not the only one o.o, I feel the same lol, so I think I'll just stick to Star legends and Pocket legends

mafiainc42
04-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Haaa.. my phone died waitin for energy awesome well done sts

LelouchX
04-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Also sam, i would like to point out that i've seen numerous people posting with complaints/concerns/general unhappiness with DL that all have a post count of 1. people who never cared to register on these forums, but obviously played your other games, were motivated to take the minute they didn't feel like taking before to make an account to tell you guys that they are unhappy. this is the that robot screaming "danger danger will robinson"

I've also edited my last post to include the actually cost of character slots in SL/PL compared to DL, after checking the character slot prices. Don't look unless you want to be appalled.

STS, you have lost me for good, but if you fix this quick enough, you may be able to keep other players that are dedicated to you, like i once was. good luck, and farewell.

if you just buy a really nice bottle of scotch instead of a REALLY nice one, you can get me a really nice bottle of gin too.

Justg
04-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Please keep specific feedback for energy here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54766-Official-Dark-Legends-Feedback-Thread-Actions-and-Energy-Mechanic

Thanks for the open feedback. We know Energy is controversial. We'll be talking with you a lot more about it as the game bakes in.

- g