PDA

View Full Version : Awful, so disappointed.

Vladtepes
04-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Was really looking foward to this game, all I got was awful platinum greedy mess.

First off, you cannot play for more than 30 minutes without having to sit there most of the time and wait for energy.

IT TAKES FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, biggest mistake of this game. I put 30 coins in making my character thinking it would be like PL or SL, but no no no.
This game is like a crappy Zynga game where you wait for energy 99% of the time and actually gameplay is that leftover 1%.

This game feels so rushed and only looks like a way to get more money through platinum. I have no problem spending money on free games, there is another game out there I have spent thousands of dollars on.
This one will not be like that, I already wasted 30 platinum and already feel like it was a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeee waste of money.

Awful job Zynga..... I mean Spacetime. I seriously lost respect in this company after this mess of a game.
Lucky I am not begging for a 5 dollar refund for my 30 platinum.

Urqui
04-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Whoa chill, first of all you can always play SL or PL while you wait for energy to load back. Second if you don't like the game don't play it...
It sucks that if you don't like it & you spent your 30p for name reservation, but sometimes you win some & sometimes you lose some
The game looks really cool & just look at it this way if you decide to play You don't have to waste all you time playing DL 24/7 You can just switch off between SL or PL:)

WoundedEagle
04-11-2012, 02:23 PM
I thought it was expensive too, then I said to myself 'They made the game for adults and mature audiences'. It would make perfect sense that platinum would be a different price, because it is being directed to an adult crowd. And have you played Zynga games? Their games are nothing like DL. This is real time MMORPG gaming. Not Zynga Poker. Thousands? That's a bit too much for a game? And if you've spent thousands on one game, how could $5 hurt you that much? I'm just taking your statements into reasoning. I don't care for the game as much either, but I am not going to go rant on a game that has only been live for less than 5 hours. There is constructive criticism too. Instead of ranting, you could provide some reasons why the game doesn't fit your taste.

Ripper McGee
04-11-2012, 03:39 PM
...you can always play SL or PL while you wait for energy to load back.

I disagree. Creating such a large time sink that it inhibits actual play and encourages players to log out after relatively short play sessions is poor game design. As with the OP, I'm all for spending money on vanity/convenience items in a game like DL, but there's a difference between convenience items like exp scrolls and being forced to pay to play. Forcing a player to pay or wait to play beyond the tutorial is just ridiculous. The energy regeneration rates needs tweaking and it would be most excellent if energy consumption was suspended for the tutorial.

longsteak
04-11-2012, 03:49 PM
I thought it was expensive too, then I said to myself 'They made the game for adults and mature audiences'. It would make perfect sense that platinum would be a different price, because it is being directed to an adult crowd. And have you played Zynga games? Their games are nothing like DL. This is real time MMORPG gaming. Not Zynga Poker. Thousands? That's a bit too much for a game? And if you've spent thousands on one game, how could $5 hurt you that much? I'm just taking your statements into reasoning. I don't care for the game as much either, but I am not going to go rant on a game that has only been live for less than 5 hours. There is constructive criticism too. Instead of ranting, you could provide some reasons why the game doesn't fit your taste.

I logged on after months of avoiding STS just to say this:
Your argument is silly. He spent $1000s for a reason, don't judge him on that. $5 does hurt him because it's still a whole $5! And he won't be getting any value out of it if he does not play this game! And how can you call standing around waiting for energy to charge a real mmorpg experience? Trust me it's not.

The fact that you would even suggest to play a different game to wait for energy just shows how poor of a design the whole thing was. You never want to have your mmo player base just stop and wait, let alone leave and play a different game.

ninjaduck
04-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Well although I havent played/seen it, I think you have a well thought-out argument, that STS may build on in th near future.

Samhayne
04-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey Vladtepes,

Thanks for taking the time to write us with your feedback. We know that the energy mechanic will not be for everyone. We have set up an official feedback thread for it that you can find in the Suggestions and Feedback forum here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54766-Official-Dark-Legends-Feedback-Thread-Actions-and-Energy-Mechanic

Also, just as a reminder, we ask that you please keep your feedback constructive. From the forum rules: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

Thanks in advance for keeping the feedback constructive.