PDA

View Full Version : PvP Thoughts

Swimmingstar
04-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Post your thoughts about pvp here. I think PvP is unbalanced. People many levels ahead can join, with way better gear and stats. It's just not fair when you're level 10 and get killed by a L20.

Noelx
04-11-2012, 04:03 PM
U can rotate in options

Late
04-11-2012, 04:24 PM
go to the options then game-options tab the uncheck lock camera

Commanderkeen
04-11-2012, 07:56 PM
My first pvp thoughts its way better and funner than SL/PL. I might actually pvp in this game.

Buddyf97
04-11-2012, 11:38 PM
PvP, for me at least, seems like you just run around spinning and slashing hoping for the best. If you get lucky and kill someone you have no chance of winning the next because you have lower than half health... I'm just hoping I can pvp with more grace and persistency with my iOS devices.

Noelx
04-12-2012, 12:48 AM
I don't understand pvp, as I don't understand what the skills do lol

Carth
04-12-2012, 02:36 AM
The notifications that pop up on the screen after each kill is really annoying. Other than that, I enjoy playing PvP while waiting for my energy to regain.

I wish the winning teams could win a small amount of energy, but I can see that being abused. :/

worldpeace
04-12-2012, 08:04 AM
I love the ctf right now, but I'm afraid that once they make pvp there's gonna be rooms that just sit there like a tea party and socialize, like really its pvp for a reason not tea time. And when u try to attack(or rush for some people that can't handle a death) the whole team gangs up on u or u get booted and ur team doesn't even help u... That's my biggest fear..

~ wp(worldpeace) ~

MightyMicah
04-12-2012, 08:12 AM
We is all nubs.

Oh that's not what thoughts you meant? XD

vampinoy
04-12-2012, 11:36 AM
It's awesome, fast-paced, and generally well-balanced, you can feel that the developers put most of their time in developing the PVP aspect of this game. It will only get better from here, and looking forward to it.

Buddyf97
04-12-2012, 04:23 PM
It's awesome, fast-paced, and generally well-balanced, you can feel that the developers put most of their time in developing the PVP aspect of this game. It will only get better from here, and looking forward to it.

There's another thing I need to throw out there, ONE class?! Of course it's gonna be balanced if their is no diversity!

Swimmingstar
04-12-2012, 04:25 PM
There's another thing I need to throw out there, ONE class?! Of course it's gonna be balanced if their is no diversity!

I disagree to the balance once you have to fight a person a lot more levels ahead.

Cero
04-12-2012, 07:22 PM
give us the "auto-attack" it hurts for a period.

----

DL pvp ftw

Lady_Pebbles
04-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Hell a level 7 killed me when I was at level 16 with full hp. Its all on the way you build your character. I even saw a level 14 kill a level 20.. So I don't see how yall think its unbalanced. O.o

Keep in mind its a completely different way of playing than sl/pl. The stats & skill builds work a little differently here.

Blaquehaaart
04-15-2012, 02:03 PM
I didn't like PL much...well, I rolled a bear and they kinda sucked, so I didn't re-roll. Then I play order and chaos, that game was fun but Gameloft is a racket and I ordered some ruins and never got them, so I didn't renew, and the legendary instance killed pvp, because everyone had to spec for pve. Also, the instance was capped on runs unless you paid real money for it. So I stopped playing.

As for this game, if they had lvl brackets it would kill pvp after lvl 10. I'm sure it will be introduced once the server fills up. Everyone is competitive at around lvl 10. Of course there is the odd game were there is a high lvl dominating the board, but that's fun too.

You might get the game where you are the only 10 and everyone else are 3's and 4's. Actually that's kinda boring because you wtf pwn everyone and they just drop game.

This game isn't like other mmos where you can't even hit someone that's a few lvls higher than you. A low lvl play can still kill someone that is vastly higher if the high lvl is at low health. The chances are slim, but it's definitely possible. It's definitely a different dynamic though. No auto locking, which I've always thought was the biggest flaw in the major mmos.

Eh...everyone is noobs right now. That's why it's so much fun. Once all the builds, stats, strats are understood and institutionalized then it'll go back to the same old grind.

Swimmingstar
04-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Hell a level 7 killed me when I was at level 16 with full hp. Its all on the way you build your character. I even saw a level 14 kill a level 20.. So I don't see how yall think its unbalanced. O.o

Keep in mind its a completely different way of playing than sl/pl. The stats & skill builds work a little differently here.

Why purple text, and I've seen a L3 on my team and a L21 on the other team...

Cjon
04-15-2012, 08:32 PM

That's quite strange. Whenever I've played CTF, I kill most people with two abilities, and maybe a couple normal attacks. I rarely ever take damage from enemies, 90% of the damage I take is from my abilities.

brokenikon
04-16-2012, 07:34 AM
The lag is whats killing me, not good as Im enjoying the pvp side of the game while my energy bar refills, but honstly, watching my health orb drop when I've not encountered anyone or the zombies, nor carrying the flag, nor dancing in the sunlight, seriously bothering me. It does make me giggl though, when im running around some guy hacking and slashing and thinking omg, got this guy totally dead, when in real life, he's half a map away carting thye flag back home and im actually dead. Server lag, not my friend. :topsy_turvy:

Lady_Pebbles
04-16-2012, 10:39 AM
@swimmingstar: Yes any level can join in PvP from what I've seen and yes purple text... Because I can. ;)

@cjon: Its not strange at all. Gotta remember there are light switches and motion/flag detectors there that can take you out easily if you don't dodge them or remove them. Also the zombies that slow you down while attacking you... All on top of 5 enemies on the map so its not surprising. Besides, it also depends on the stat and skill builds as I mentioned. :)

trixie
04-16-2012, 02:28 PM
I personally love PVP on DL. I never pvp'd on PL, but I did on SL. I think this setup is so much better than SL. I like the NPC enemies on the board, the fact that you can close the door to flag, the health pots around the board and the sunlight switches. These make for a much interesting pvp match imo. Not to mention the fact that the flag can kill you if you run around with it too long. I could pvp for hours.

Swimmingstar
04-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Now that it's more balanced, it still has some cons, but more pros, overall, for everyone.

Zerious
04-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Now that it's more balanced, it still has some cons, but more pros, overall, for everyone.

i concur. Seems that the only really OP people are the ones with the platinum gear at the start of the game. Dem katanas....