PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion that you must consider

Azloki
08-10-2010, 11:32 PM
This suggestion will help prolong the game life and increase profit.

Boss/Mobs: Not only dropping weapons/armors, they will also drop materials, like iron, copper, wood, and so on.

Probably the drop rate is 10% equipment and 90% materials.

Materials: They can be obtained only from specific mob/boss/place.
For example, You can get green gem in swamps, zombie teeth from zombies and so on.

Trade skills:
Bear may make equipments that require STR
Bird --- DEX
Enchancer----INT

WHY Trade skills: It increases the interaction between players, no one can master everything.

Trade skill & Title: To increase your trade skill, you need to forge. (only equipments not items (like pots))
The higher your trade skill, the better your title.
Basically, you need to buy all new game contents if you want to have the latest title.

More exploration: You will explore all the world, which means, for certain material, you need to kill certain mob, even the lowest level mobs - ZOMBIES!

Use of Materials: We will forge weapon/armor/items with the materials.

How does forge work: There will be a secret combination of materials that players need to discover.
For example,
2 iron + 1 wood = Iron Rapier
100 iron + 1000 fire element + X? + X? = Flaming Sword of Legend
1 Water + 1 red herb + 1 pot = red pot

Map: Different map has different forger, only certain forger can make certain types of equipment

Why am I suggesting this:
Basically, if someone wants to forge something, he needs to buy that game content, otherwise, he needs to buy from someone else.
Buying from someone else is a solution for those who doesn't want to buy certain game content.

It is a Win Win suggestion.

Please reply, no matter you like it or not

thanks a lot

Cascade
08-10-2010, 11:44 PM
I think they could apply forging to quests...Like "I need a flaming sword of legend"...Ok so you would have to go kill zombies or something for iron+wood+Flame+Rune of legend=Flaming sword of legend....Epic

Kingofhurtz
08-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Well thought out definitely. May change the whole course of the game

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-11-2010, 12:13 AM
No, I disagree. (Wait, don't insult me yet! You haven't heard my rebuttal ;))

If smithing was implemented, you can just transform a platinum sword into platinum, therefore making LESS money for the devs! Cheat :P.

bmc85uk
08-11-2010, 12:56 AM
No, I disagree. (Wait, don't insult me yet! You haven't heard my rebuttal ;))

If smithing was implemented, you can just transform a platinum sword into platinum, therefore making LESS money for the devs! Cheat :P.

Haha I can just picture croc bandits mugging people and melting down their gear to sell as plat on the Swamps black market.

I actually like this idea, but not as a replacement for looting items, just tradeskills as a concept. Having loot from enemies and special respawning raw materials to harvest in order to make some items (probably not as good as pink but better than purple - something a character can work towards getting that isn't random chance like loot) perhaps lime green? This could be implemented like quests initially, with several things to collect, and the item being the quest reward. I would love to eventually see proper tradeskills for players though.

As there is talk of a new 'amulet' slot being added, we could have Jewelers, Armourers, Weaponsmiths and Alchemists :-)

Elffy
08-11-2010, 01:24 AM
I agree they should add in the trade skills but not to completely replace loot.