PDA

View Full Version : I think the curse filter should be put back in

Deathpunch
04-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Reinstall the curse filter, please. Even with the filter now my chat log is filled with ***********. Mute them.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Lowlyspy
04-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Im enjoying not being as restricted with what I say. It's a 17+ game, it's bound to have 17+ language. If you don't like the people cursing then use the handy dandy ignore button, that is what it's for.

Rawrimafish
04-11-2012, 08:22 PM
i agree it is 17+ and so people will swear to make them feel cool or wat not

StompArtist
04-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Leave us 17+ the ***** alone!

Deathpunch
04-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Im enjoying not being as restricted with what I say. It's a 17+ game, it's bound to have 17+ language. If you don't like the people cursing then use the handy dandy ignore button, that is what it's for.

Oh please. The only reason that these people are talking like idiots is because there is no repercussions for their actions. I would expect a more mature community, but it seems that DL is going to be flooded with idiots like the other two game are, and apparently the forums, too.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Lowlyspy
04-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Oh please. The only reason that these people are talking like idiots is because there is no repercussions for their actions. I would expect a more mature community, but it seems that DL is going to be flooded with idiots like the other two game are, and apparently the forums, too.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
I never said people weren't idiots, I said use your ignore button for what it was made for.

Ardon
04-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Meh, its new to people. They're just trying it out since they wetwnt allowed to in pl and SL.

Sent from my CM9 powered Droid X

saool
04-11-2012, 08:43 PM

Haha couldn't have said it better :D

Walkhardd
04-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Is it really that big of deal to you? I couldn't care less about what people say.

Roc
04-11-2012, 09:56 PM
I actually think there's not a mention of it being 17+ on the Chrome App store and even if it were, it was a matter of seconds for me to download it for Chrome then start playing. If I didn't have a knowledge of the whole 17+ thingamajig, I wouldn't know it was even on the table.

Coltona
04-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Is it really that big of deal to you? I couldn't care less about what people say.

Me too, i mean who cares honestly? It's not like since they swear you have to right?

MonolithEffect
04-12-2012, 01:09 AM
There would be a lot less *****ing if they got rid of the energy and timer.

RedRyder
04-12-2012, 07:38 AM
You know why we curse so much? Because **** you.

But seriously, if you don't like beng around idiots, don't play SL, PL, or DL. No ones making you. Either ignore, or go your merry way.

LelouchX
04-12-2012, 10:06 AM
took me all of 2 seconds to find this. it says 18+ in the bottom right corner. Did the blood splashing everywhere lead you to believe 11 years olds should be playing this?

https://lh5.ggpht.com/DPhXFDqLjFuAQhgEBXmqnhXIvf7U4QXbuFpUE8gdJnGMyzYnzI 8LWQeonmWAwBljMhQ=w705

morfic
04-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Why don't we go ahead and get rid of the blood splatter, and cover up the exposed skin. That way we can make the game 13+ again. Many of us have been dying for a more mature and unmoderated game. Now that we got it, don't try to get it nerfed. :p

Lylaise
04-14-2012, 06:04 AM
If you don't want to hear cursing, just leave your chat filter on and deal with the asterisks.

****ing duh. Lol XD

Shaocalur
04-14-2012, 08:11 AM
I agree with the post aboves, don't like it? Turn on the filter, ignore. Not working then leave. 1 Person shouldn't have to ruin the game for an entire community of people who have been practically begging for a more mature game like this.

Anecat
04-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Dark Legend is good?! if dark Legends is 17+ then sl must not cuss as much but dark legends is personally BETTER FOR CUSSING THAN SL.

Jugernugett
04-14-2012, 08:58 AM
U could curse on DL guys. Keep ur cursing off of forums

Rawrimafish
04-14-2012, 09:17 AM
dis is a free country!
at least it is for teh USA

Fyrce
04-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Haven't actually had that much issue with this. Once in awhile someone curses up a storm, but mostly people are just talking. You can always ignore or leave that instance -- walk out, walk in again or join a friend in some other instance.

Mothwing
04-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Trust me, it will go away. Either the immature players will get bored of being idiots or the community will get smart enough to look down on it. Once it's been done enough, people will get annoyed, and then they will start to speak out against it. It's like any other thing in life, once one person wears something, for example, people are bound to follow in his/her footsteps. It's the same concept here. If one person puts a stop to cursing, others will follow, and it will eventually be abolished.

Phoenixking
04-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Trust me, it will go away. Either the immature players will get bored of being idiots or the community will get smart enough to look down on it. Once it's been done enough, people will get annoyed, and then they will start to speak out against it. It's like any other thing in life, once one person wears something, for example, people are bound to follow in his/her footsteps. It's the same concept here. If one person puts a stop to cursing, others will follow, and it will eventually be abolished.
It won't be destroyed, asterisk aren't beautiful enough! Lol

Mothwing
04-14-2012, 06:11 PM
it won't be destroyed, asterisk aren't beautiful enough! Lol

lmfao

imtakingover
04-14-2012, 06:58 PM
I agree!

Paar
04-14-2012, 07:08 PM
You know the with the Ignore Button, You dont have to hear People you dont want to? Just thought Id put that out there.

Swampy
04-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Who ever says maturity comes with age? :D

Deathpunch
04-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Seems me n Mitch are a minority here. Lol. Well, since I've played more, it seems I just happened across a few people who though it was fun to just type random curse words. Thats what prompted this thread. Since then, I have yet to run across anything quite like that. The random curse words don't bother me, it was just the use of them just because they could and spamming the chat with the f bomb was annoying. Still, thanks all for your opinions on the matter.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Elyseon
04-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Seems me n Mitch are a minority here. Lol. Well, since I've played more, it seems I just happened across a few people who though it was fun to just type random curse words. Thats what prompted this thread. Since then, I have yet to run across anything quite like that. The random curse words don't bother me, it was just the use of them just because they could and spamming the chat with the f bomb was annoying. Still, thanks all for your opinions on the matter.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
Yeh those ppl are annoying, just mute them

Mitchturbo
04-15-2012, 10:37 AM

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Yeah I must admit, since the issue first came up, I've yet to see anyone else spamming curses in the game.
It seems those people have gotten bored of cursing non stop lol *fingers crossed*
I sure hope so anyway, I'm certainly enjoying the game more now.
Anyhow Thanks Deathpunch and all the replies :-)

Growwle
04-15-2012, 11:06 AM
There is still an option to toggle the chat filter on and off in the Options/Social menu, so I don't see that there is an issue. Toggle the filter on if the words bother you, toggle it off if you want to hear people swear for the sake of swearing.

Deathpunch
04-15-2012, 12:13 PM
There is still an option to toggle the chat filter on and off in the Options/Social menu, so I don't see that there is an issue. Toggle the filter on if the words bother you, toggle it off if you want to hear people swear for the sake of swearing.

Did you read the op? I used it.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Toxicenigma=
04-15-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm pretty shure that it's not only gonna be filled with just 17 year olds. I mean it asks if ur 17 it's not that hard to just click yes. My brother Is 13 and he plays it. I bet a lot of people below 17 will do the same thing!

Growwle
04-15-2012, 12:26 PM

Did you read the op? I used it.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

I admit, I only skimmed over it, I get caught up in the controversy. I personally have the filter turned on and have not seen any swear words in chat

Deathpunch
04-15-2012, 02:56 PM
I admit, I only skimmed over it, I get caught up in the controversy. I personally have the filter turned on and have not seen any swear words in chat

;-)

Like I said, cuss words don't bother me, in fact, you just may see me drop a few, but spamming the chat with them is idiotic and immature.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Mitchturbo
04-15-2012, 04:20 PM
;-)

Like I said, cuss words don't bother me, in fact, you just may see me drop a few, but spamming the chat with them is idiotic and immature.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

+1 That is exactly how I felt lol XD *respect*

Delphina
04-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Thread locked at the request of the OP.