PDA

View Full Version : DL Feedback

Coltona
04-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Alright I only played for about 30 mins in this time i hit level 9 (i think can't rem lol), got a pink drop, and learned the core mechanics of the game. So here's my thoughts in pros/cons and ways to improve.

Pros:
Achievements give elixirs randomly that last for 5 mins
Most vanity store items (outfits) can be bought with gold, not plat
Campaign seems to be free
Campaign maps can be easily soloed
Money builds fairly quickly
Leveling up is pretty fast
Enemies seem to be melee only just like you, allowing for you to dodge attacks
Ability to buff up/ regen blood with bite power (idk the real name for it lol)
Leveling up causes you to regen everything (including energy)
Combos appear randomly while you are hitting an enemy doing more dmg than normal but not requiring timing or precision

Cons:
No auto attack, which means spam attacking unless charging an attack
No longer range weapons (yet, as this may change)
Energy dilemma to do missions that unlock more of the campaign and give xp/gold and other random rewards (like 5 min elixirs)
No free daily elixir it seems
Tons of in-between missions to unlock actual playable maps
Xp only awarded when a mission is complete, or you finish a level
Ability to filter out which campaign/level you want to join
It takes 3 energy to do a map with enemies in it..wait what?!
Skills take awhile to charge up
There is almost no health regen
No Enemy Health Bars
Real Time Damage Display

Ways to fix most of these:
Auto: Implement it which should be easy lol
Range weps: I kinda like the melee thing, but i can see where some people might miss them from pl and sl
Energy: 1 of 2 things here, make it like xp awarded each level, or lower the regen time
Daily elixir: eh not bad i feel it would make the game too easy
Missions: either less missions or more dungeons, it seems there's a 3-1 ratio on missions-dungeons
Xp: since leveling doesn't take much xp this is cool, but people that join at the end of a dungeon could still benefit from the other players clearing it by going to the exit pad at the end
Joining games: Implement PL and SL's join game menu into DL
Energy to lvl: This should be removed IMO..
Skill charge: Make them a little faster?
Health Regen: Make Rings add this?
Hpbar/dmg display: Only bosses have hp bars and, only crits/combos show up above enemies/bosses, it'd be nice to see how much dmg we do or how strong an enemy is or how close it is to dying lol.

My diagnostic: A very addictive game for me overall, there's a few flaws but i didn't expect it to match PL and it's still just beta right? I mean PL is still getting regular updates so I expect the same for this in the future. All in all I say nice job STS!

Anything else i should add, or more ways to fix any of these? Post your thoughts below.